The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure we're going to Malaysia or someone in Asia.

If they were to come here I'd be certain they would play at the G. Simply because there'd be so many fans wanting to see them.

It was being organised through Events NSW so if they had got it over the line it would have been in Sydney.

Really difficult to get the big EPL teams down here because as far as they are concerned we are a small market in terms of merchandise sales etc etc. That's why they always go to South East Asia/China/Japan - a market of nearly 2 billion potential customers. Likewise with the USA. I think it will be a long time before we get a Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelski/United downunder again. Citeh & Spurs are a chance though.

just reading the funny spurs topic where some guy is saying there is nothing good to come out of europa league, so spoiled? it's been said you should get used to european football during the week and league on the weekend and to adapt to that no matter which euro cup it is, this is petty, arrogant for a small club, and i keep thinking about the squads we fielded the last two seasons in europa and how far we got with them - there is so much to be gained having more of our squad playing more football, to snub a trophy chance with some elitist attitude when you don't have any history to back the arrogance up is just humorous. it's a myth to say europa would be distracting, in truth you're aiming too high and trying to skimp on the hard yards. but we'll see which way works and which doesn't over the next two seasons.

just reading the funny spurs topic where some guy is saying there is nothing good to come out of europa league, so spoiled? it's been said you should get used to european football during the week and league on the weekend and to adapt to that no matter which euro cup it is, this is petty, arrogant for a small club, and i keep thinking about the squads we fielded the last two seasons in europa and how far we got with them - there is so much to be gained having more of our squad playing more football, to snub a trophy chance with some elitist attitude when you don't have any history to back the arrogance up is just humorous. it's a myth to say europa would be distracting, in truth you're aiming too high and trying to skimp on the hard yards. but we'll see which way works and which doesn't over the next two seasons.

It's GrandBlue who said it, that's all you need to know about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bahaha, what a load of shit.

If you're going to call us a small club, try saying it after you've actually made the CL, like we did last year, you clown.

Adding to that, you seem to think the Europa League gives players vital experience. Wonder what matters more, the experience gained from playing teams like Utrecht or SV Salzburg or the chance of qualifying for a competition that gives huge financial benefits and the chance to play against all the top European Teams in the world. I know what I'd choose.

The amount of ignorance shown when you say there's so much to be gained from playing more football is just funny. Do you have any clue on what the word fatigue means? More football = more injuries and tiredness. The benefits? A bit of cash and experience against the best Romanian and Norwegian teams! Cool.

Bahaha, what a load of shit.

If you're going to call us a small club, try saying it after you've actually made the CL, like we did last year, you clown.
Adding to that, you seem to think the Europa League gives players vital experience. Wonder what matters more, the experience gained from playing teams like Utrecht or SV Salzburg or the chance of qualifying for a competition that gives huge financial benefits and the chance to play against all the top European Teams in the world. I know what I'd choose.

The amount of ignorance shown when you say there's so much to be gained from playing more football is just funny. Do you have any clue on what the word fatigue means? More football = more injuries and tiredness. The benefits? A bit of cash and experience against the best Romanian and Norwegian teams! Cool.
We've made it a few times. We actually have a trophy at our ground. You get to keep it after five wins.

We've made it a few times. We actually have a trophy at our ground. You get to keep it after five wins.

and how many years ago was this?

Not that it matters anyway. Fact is, this season, we were gunning it in the CL and you weren't.

If anything, you were parking the bus against teams like Sparta Prague in the Europa League. Got an excuse for that?

I'm going to agree with GB here (there's a first for everything).

I'd prefer not to play Europa but it wouldn't be so bad if we did.

Not that it matters anyway. Fact is, this season, we were gunning it in the CL and you weren't.

If anything, you were parking the bus against teams like Sparta Prague in the Europa League. Got an excuse for that?

Well if it doesn't matter than we won it 6 years ago, made a final in it 4 years ago then I fail to see how the fact you made it and have since been eliminated from it this year matters? Spurs were a club I didn't mind but the carry on from some of their fans for finishing 4th... yes just 4th is amazing, sure you finished above us but like it's been pointed out.. I will take missing the odd CL if it means actually having a serious chance of winning it once we're there, give me our 5 trophies over your one year of mouthing off on boards because you snuck into 4th and put yourselves in a CL competition you were no danger to win.

Also on your Europa league argument, I see you calling others idiots and not having a clue but you keep crapping on about fatigue and hurting your slim CL chances. So surely it is you who has no clue? do you really think playing EL means you put your best possible side out? We were playing fringe players and blokes like Spearing and Kelly... who after being given some first team experience in the EL came in to cover injuries in EPL games and surprise surprise they slotted in like they belong and have helped us keep winning while certain other teams have been falling off and often blaming injuries for it.

Well at least we've won it some time ago, rather than never winning it at all, like.

If you're gonna celebrate and claim victory just coz you competed in the CL for one season when we haven't, then be my guest, knock yourself out. Just shows how small time you and your club is.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter, you and your club are a irrelevance.

Well if it doesn't matter than we won it 6 years ago, made a final in it 4 years ago then I fail to see how the fact you made it and have since been eliminated from it this year matters? Spurs were a club I didn't mind but the carry on from some of their fans for finishing 4th... yes just 4th is amazing, sure you finished above us but like it's been pointed out.. I will take missing the odd CL if it means actually having a serious chance of winning it once we're there, give me our 5 trophies over your one year of mouthing off on boards because you snuck into 4th and put yourselves in a CL competition you were no danger to win.

Also on your Europa league argument, I see you calling others idiots and not having a clue but you keep crapping on about fatigue and hurting your slim CL chances. So surely it is you who has no clue? do you really think playing EL means you put your best possible side out? We were playing fringe players and blokes like Spearing and Kelly... who after being given some first team experience in the EL came in to cover injuries in EPL games and surprise surprise they slotted in like they belong and have helped us keep winning while certain other teams have been falling off and often blaming injuries for it.

Oh my god, I can't believe I just read this :rolleyes:.

For starters, your first paragraph is totally irrelevant. Hardly surprising, hearing a Liverpool supporter blabbing about ancient history, but in the end, it has nothing to do with the Europa League's credibility.

Secondly, the starting 11 you fielded in the second leg against Braga was:

Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Skrtel, Wilson, Cole, Meireles, Lucas, Maxi Rodriguez, Kuyt and Carroll.

There are only two players there who wouldn't be in your starting 11 in that lineup (Wilson and Cole). If we were to field teams like that against opponents like Braga or Anderlecht, then yes, fatigue does become a big factor.

Even with that said, you make out like the Europa League is the ultimate opportunity for fringe players and youngsters to break into the side. We didn't play Europa this year but we've seen several players get their chances and take them well, namely Sandro, who for what it's worth, is a far better player than Spearing.

Well at least we've won it some time ago, rather than never winning it at all, like.

If you're gonna celebrate and claim victory just coz you competed in the CL for one season when we haven't, then be my guest, knock yourself out. Just shows how small time you and your club is.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter, you and your club are a irrelevance.

and here we go again, another Liverpool bringing up history in inappropriate circumstances.

Please, get a clue. Never intended to bring anything up about Spurs. I know you can't help yourself but at least try to understand the actual subject, which is the Europa League's credibility, as opposed to trying to start another shitfight like you do with Embers all the time.

Reina: I can't wait for 11-12

Pepe Reina has revealed how he is relishing the prospect of being a part of a bright future at Liverpool Football Club under the management of Kenny Dalglish.

The Spanish custodian was left delighted by the news that Dalglish had signed a three-year contract to remain as Reds boss on a permanent basis.

Reina is convinced the club are heading in the right direction with the Scot at the helm - and he's determined to assist in bringing major honours back to Anfield over the coming years.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I am looking forward to next season. We have had excellent news on Kenny's contract, Steve Clarke's and all of the technical staff. We are heading in the right direction and we are optimistic.

"I have always said (I am looking forward to next season). Of course there was a bit of doubt back in December and January because we were not even close to where we are now.

"I think by making the right steps and taking them, we can all see the difference between now and then. That's why we are now optimistic about the future and are looking forward."

News of Dalglish's deal broke shortly before 1.30pm on Thursday afternoon.

Reina revealed he found out by watching television, but was left overjoyed upon hearing details of how the 60-year-old will remain at Anfield until 2014.

Reina added: "I was having treatment and I saw it on the TV! But I am really happy and the rest of the lads are too.

"We all have smiles on our faces now and hopefully it will be for long. Of course, we have to be calm because we know how hard it is to compete with the big teams out there.

"Fifth position is not the one that belongs to Liverpool - we aim higher and hopefully next season we can finish higher."

While confident of an exciting future for Liverpool, Reina's short-term aim will be overcoming Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield on Sunday and securing European qualification for 2011-12.

"We are all looking forward to next season, but we have to finish the job on Sunday," he said.

"By winning we will mathematically be sure of fifth and that is our target - to beat Tottenham, make sure we get into Europe for next season and then get some rest, which I think we deserve as well."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reina-i-can-t-wait-for-11-12?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Suarez delight at King deal

Luis Suarez has hailed the appointment of Kenny Dalglish as full-time manager - claiming the Scot has been key to his seamless transition into English football.

We caught up with the January signing an hour after news of Dalglish's three-year deal was broken - and he was clearly thrilled.

"It is great news because everyone is very happy with him," said Suarez, who has four goals in 11 games since arriving on Merseyside. "He has worked very hard with us and our relationship with him is great.

"It has been great over the last couple of months. Kenny has given me all my confidence. He trusts me.

"I think all the team feels like this, they all have this confidence because Kenny is the kind of manager that does that.

"We like him very much and hopefully we can keep doing what we're doing."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/suarez-delight-at-king-deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back