The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, I can't believe I just read this :rolleyes:.

For starters, your first paragraph is totally irrelevant. Hardly surprising, hearing a Liverpool supporter blabbing about ancient history, but in the end, it has nothing to do with the Europa League's credibility.

Secondly, the starting 11 you fielded in the second leg against Braga was:

Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Skrtel, Wilson, Cole, Meireles, Lucas, Maxi Rodriguez, Kuyt and Carroll.

There are only two players there who wouldn't be in your starting 11 in that lineup (Wilson and Cole). If we were to field teams like that against opponents like Braga or Anderlecht, then yes, fatigue does become a big factor.

Even with that said, you make out like the Europa League is the ultimate opportunity for fringe players and youngsters to break into the side. We didn't play Europa this year but we've seen several players get their chances and take them well, namely Sandro, who for what it's worth, is a far better player than Spearing.

and here we go again, another Liverpool bringing up history in inappropriate circumstances.

Please, get a clue. Never intended to bring anything up about Spurs. I know you can't help yourself but at least try to understand the actual subject, which is the Europa League's credibility, as opposed to trying to start another shitfight like you do with Embers all the time.

Here's a quick one GrandBlue...

We don't give a flying f*ck what you think! F*ck off out of our thread!

Facts are, you will finish beneath us this year, and are nothing more than a smudge of a club.

Here's a quick one GrandBlue...

We don't give a flying f*ck what you think! F*ck off out of our thread!

You obviously do care about what I think.

I wouldn't be wasting my time in this thread, had I not seen one of my posts from the Spurs thread referenced here.

Got the new away today with Suarez on the back (couldn't resist despite the Judas saga).

The shirt looks even better in the flesh. Pure ****ing mint.

Grandblue is so amusing :)

Well onwards we march, were outright 5th now and can sew up a EL spot for next season with a win over Spurs on Sunday. The form were in is frightening. Smashed another 5 goals in last weekend, this time past Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Ever since Kenny came back, we have been nothing short of epic. Only Chelsea have gotten more points in that time. So had Kenny being in charge all year, a title challenge could have been on the cards. Ok, so lets not get carried away but his impact has been HUGE. As has Steve Clarkes and getting them both signed on to 3 year deals is fantastic news.

Another guy with a huge impact is none other than Luis Suarez, just how good is the boy! I read somewhere that our goals scored ratio is ******edly higher when Suarez plays. It's not the goals he scores, it's the assists and the general havoc he causes opposition defences that opens us up for so many more opportunities to score. He has been an epic signing.

I know we all cant get carried away but considering our league form since Kenny took over, not to mention the fact that Kenny has had to deal with Gerrard out for long periods aswell as Agger, Kelly and Johnson being out, it really has been nothing short of remarkable. So figure Stevie back in, Johnson is already back and hopefully Agger and Kelly can get fit. Plus a bevy of hopefully awesome signings in the summer and is it stupid to think we could challenge for the title?

I mean since Kenny took over, as I said, we lie second on the table. We beat Chelsea in there own backyard. Smashed Utd at Anfield, messed about with City for fun and got a draw away to Arsenal. If we can just get our consistency up and take care of the lower teams then title challenge on??

Obviously getting ahead of myself but if we bring in the right signings, I think a return to the CL is a definite next season, as for how far we can go in the league, well who knows. If the season was another 20 games long right now, I think we would storm the league. Pity it ends in two.

Spurs on Sunday, im not nervous, were just better than them and expect victory. Probably another Maxi hattrick.

Whats exciting is this turn around was done with 2 additions... but only 2 and the rest was the absolute mess our club was left in by previous owners and manager....

Money to be spent and exciting times ahead.

Oh my god, I can't believe I just read this :rolleyes:.

For starters, your first paragraph is totally irrelevant. Hardly surprising, hearing a Liverpool supporter blabbing about ancient history, but in the end, it has nothing to do with the Europa League's credibility.

Secondly, the starting 11 you fielded in the second leg against Braga was:

Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Skrtel, Wilson, Cole, Meireles, Lucas, Maxi Rodriguez, Kuyt and Carroll.

There are only two players there who wouldn't be in your starting 11 in that lineup (Wilson and Cole). If we were to field teams like that against opponents like Braga or Anderlecht, then yes, fatigue does become a big factor.

Even with that said, you make out like the Europa League is the ultimate opportunity for fringe players and youngsters to break into the side. We didn't play Europa this year but we've seen several players get their chances and take them well, namely Sandro, who for what it's worth, is a far better player than Spearing.

I know I shouldn't bother because like the others have said, **** off out of our thread with your moronic statements but you really are a walking contradiction.. you bring up the fact you played CL this year and we didn't but then abuse our posters for pointing out that we bring up ancient history... well current history has us sitting above you after giving your mob who celebrated 4th like you just won the treble a healthy start on us. We will bring up ancient history, although I struggle to find events in the last decade 'ancient' as you put it but your comments in here and views on what clubs should be doing pretty much sum up why your club is an afterthought and ours is considered one of the greatest in the world.

You bring up our lineup... on what our 12th probably EL game as evidence we were risking fatigue of our players, doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on our record since. One club wants to achieve the best possible result despite a poor season, the others supporters want to finish a spot lower to not play in the Europa league, pretty much sums it up.

I want to get the new away kit, not sure who I should get on the back though as I have Suarez on the home kit. I think I will go with short sleeve for this away kit, my current home is in long sleeves.

Carroll #9, Kelly #34 or possibly wait until the new season and see who we sign in the summer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. I don't. Hence my request.

Take it to simba then.

I know I shouldn't bother because like the others have said, **** off out of our thread with your moronic statements but you really are a walking contradiction.. you bring up the fact you played CL this year and we didn't but then abuse our posters for pointing out that we bring up ancient history... well current history has us sitting above you after giving your mob who celebrated 4th like you just won the treble a healthy start on us. We will bring up ancient history, although I struggle to find events in the last decade 'ancient' as you put it but your comments in here and views on what clubs should be doing pretty much sum up why your club is an afterthought and ours is considered one of the greatest in the world.

You bring up our lineup... on what our 12th probably EL game as evidence we were risking fatigue of our players, doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on our record since. One club wants to achieve the best possible result despite a poor season, the others supporters want to finish a spot lower to not play in the Europa league, pretty much sums it up.

Oh wow.

For starters, if you want an idea on what 'abuse' is, see these quotes:
**** off GrandBlue you stupid ****
grandblue, once you're mob has 18 league titles, 7 FA cups, 5 champions league cups, 7 carling cups and 3 europa cups, pop back over here and spew your garbage, until such time f*** off over to your pissant spurs thread.

It's all you stupid hypocrites can do. I make a simple understandable point in regards to the Europa League and you all act like a bunch of 12 year olds.

Secondly, for the millionth time, club stature is totally irrelevant. Imbeciles such as yourself just can't stop bringing it up. I gave a small mention the CL in my first post because one of your supporters referred to us as small club, even though we've had the wood over you in the last couple of years. Guess I shouldn't have said anything, as most of you get extremely upset about it.

As for your last part, if you seriously think playing more games per week doesn't seem to affect your results much then to be perfectly blunt, you're wrong. There is always a risk of injuries, no matter what the match and your record directly after Europa League games is hardly impressive.

like I said you do it your way and we'll do it our way and we'll see if you add to your 2 titles and 0 european cups and we'll see if we add to our museum ;)

Shit we better just compete in the league next year to play it safe. Better ask to get dropped out of the FA and league cups too... playing friendlies before the season would be risky too, better off just to go straight into it I think.

On topic. Really am looking forward to the off season now, sick of hearing rumors and just want to see who we can get rid of and pick up. Like that we're being linked at reasonable prices to the likes of Young and Lennon for some safe and needed midfield depth. The rumored deal with Bolton would be great for Shelveys development too, they tend to get the most out of loaned players and I think regular first team games would only do him the world of good even if it meant we went without him for a year, you just have to look at those couple of passes to Suarez to see what a talent he is.

You're not a "small" club but just because you made a once-off appearance in the Champions League and just because you have beaten a much bigger club (i.e. Liverpool) a few times recently, the status of your club hasn't suddenly transformed.

As for the Europa League, there are pros and cons but I'd rather be in it than not. It's not the Champions League but it's still a potential selling point to prospective signings - you'd rather be able to offer European football of some kind than no European competition at all.

The "playing more games in Europe hence league form will be affected" argument doesn't cut it IMO - as it is (in the vast majority of cases) the same teams that play in these extra games each season that nevertheless finish sufficiently high each season in their domestic league to qualify for the next season's European competitions! This is because these teams have sufficient quality and depth to handle playing regularly in two competitions.

You're not a "small" club but just because you made a once-off appearance in the Champions League and just because you have beaten a much bigger club (i.e. Liverpool) a few times recently, the status of your club hasn't suddenly transformed.

As for the Europa League, there are pros and cons but I'd rather be in it than not. It's not the Champions League but it's still a potential selling point to prospective signings - you'd rather be able to offer European football of some kind than no European competition at all.

The "playing more games in Europe hence league form will be affected" argument doesn't cut it IMO - as it is (in the vast majority of cases) the same teams that play in these extra games each season that nevertheless finish sufficiently high each season in their domestic league to qualify for the next season's European competitions! This is because these teams have sufficient quality and depth to handle playing regularly in two competitions.

This.. all of this.. Also makes it more attractive to keep our younger players or have a bigger squad of competing spots if there's still opportunities in other competitions.

there goes our record gents, hopefully it spurs the boys on to take back the mantle next year.

We've had it my whole life, I guess them borrowing it for one year won't hurt:D

Was going for Stoke but think I might jump on the Citeh train just cause it would be a nice way to ruin the bandwagoners celebrations. Mind you half of the under 30 bandwagoners they have probably wouldn't know what the FA Cup is.

I gave a small mention the CL in my first post because one of your supporters referred to us as small club, even though we've had the wood over you in the last couple of years.

As for your last part, if you seriously think playing more games per week doesn't seem to affect your results much then to be perfectly blunt, you're wrong. There is always a risk of injuries, no matter what the match and your record directly after Europa League games is hardly impressive.

Wood over us for the last couple of years? You mean just last season when you finished 4th and we finished 7th. The year before that you finished 8th and we finished 2nd and as of right now, were two points clear of you with 2 games to go. So a couple of years really just means last season and that's it.

Playing more games is good for the club, we just need the squad to handle. Playing a lot of games means you go deep in cup competitions which is what a club like LFC wants. We want to win trophies. Hopefully we can do that next season and still have the squad depth to challenge in the league also.

As for Utds 19th title, I dont really care. I mean of course I care but it was expected, it was coming and we all knew it. And now instead of relying on Chelsea or Arsenal to help us out, we have to do it ourselves. We have something to aim for now, not something to hold onto. Kenny is the right man to knock them off their ****ing perch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back