The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all very well talking about Dalglish as a stopgap. Would you want Dalglish in control when the transfer window opens?
Yep, much rather than him than Hodgson who will continue his spud buying spree.

He bought spuds and loaned out Insua and Aqua which we couldn't afford to do. We aren't in the position to loan our better players and its showing.

He loaned Insua out in the last year of his contract and swapped him for spud Konchesky - booting out 2 excellent academy prospects and millions of pounds in the process.

Complete and utter ****ing lunacy.

Rafa rant MK II.

Absolutely teeing off at Purslow apparently. Which is unsurprising.

And confirmed what was rumoured to be the case. Purslow playing his own game of football manager, and letting the player power of Gerrard and Carragher cloud their thinking.

Both of them were pushing for a no mark English manager like crazy, well I hope they're happy.

Purslow needs to go. NESV have financial people, they need to find some football people. Purslow, thanks for voting against the Yanks, but this situation is very much down to you being bullied by player power.

2 seasons ago tottenham lost their first 4 games in a row? Manager was sacked. Arry was appointed. Smooth sailing since then.

Roy needs to go.

Exactly, that was kind of my point. You really need to get out of this hole first, consolidate and then buy smartly in the off season.

You are still Liverpool and therefore will still be able to attract a decent player on a decent wage (e.g. Joe Cole - as poor as he has been there was a lot of demand for him and he chose Liverpool.) It ain't going to happen in Jan though or until you are safe from relegation.

I would be very very surprised if Roy got the boot... Hope he does but i find it unlikely...

Also I know Kaan is pretty unhappy with Rijkaards job at Gala, but his philosophy at Barca was for good attack minded football I would be pretty happy to see him at Liverpool...

I would be very very surprised if Roy got the boot... Hope he does but i find it unlikely...

Also I know Kaan is pretty unhappy with Rijkaards job at Gala, but his philosophy at Barca was for good attack minded football I would be pretty happy to see him at Liverpool...

Its easy to be good at attacking football when u had the squad he had at Barca. I dont see him turning Maxi, Lucas, Poulson and Jovanavic into Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Deco and Xavi.

Its easy to be good at attacking football when u had the squad he had at Barca. I dont see him turning Maxi, Lucas, Poulson and Jovanavic into Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Deco and Xavi.

Id also rather him in charge of a transfer budget over roy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, The Liverpool Echo is reporting that Roy flew to Belgium to watch Standard Liege midfielder Steven Defour.

More from the article below.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=833704&sec=england&cc=3436

"There are a lot of things that still need sorting out on a level outside of the football field and they will certainly help there. They will find ways and means of aiding us in those areas but, when it comes to us playing, we've got the players we have and we have to keep working with them.

"Hopefully they will win some games. The transfer window is two and a half months off and there is a lot of football to be played, so there is no point in us in trying to put our eggs in the basket of the January transfer window.

"The first thing we have to do is start winning matches."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=833704&sec=england&cc=3436

Don't want to get your hopes up lads, but Collymore is apparently after tweeting that Hodgson's got the tin tack.

Collymore is a massive ****, but hopefully he's gone.

footymanager.jpg

Agree with Hleb here.

Rijkaard to me is a coach that requires the material(players) when he first gets there.

I think Rijkaard not succeeding at Gala might have to do with adapting to Turkish football in general because coaches like Joachim Low, Guus Hiddink, Rijkaard, Del Bosque and Aragones have all failed here.

I still would like to avoid him but if we can't get anyone better might as well risk it, but I would only give him a 6 month contract mid season + 1 extra year if we takes us to the top half of the table although managers want security(long contracts)

Agree with Hleb here.

Rijkaard to me is a coach that requires the material(players) when he first gets there.

I think Rijkaard not succeeding at Gala might have to do with adapting to Turkish football in general because coaches like Joachim Low, Guus Hiddink, Rijkaard, Del Bosque and Aragones have all failed here.

I still would like to avoid him but if we can't get anyone better might as well risk it, but I would only give him a 6 month contract mid season + 1 extra year if we takes us to the top half of the table although managers want security(long contracts)

That's the problem with successful managers in the past.

They all want job security (a long contract) and if they are to be sacked, they'd require a big pay out from the long contract.

It's not as if we're putting in a caretaker manager on a short team deal, who knows he is there until we find someone better, if we were to hire a manager like Rijkaard, there's no way he'd settle for a 6 month + 1 year extension.

Well, the pilot for the flight to Napoli is Bruce Dickinson, frontman for rock legends Iron Maiden.

Cant go wrong :thumbsu:

Well, the pilot for the flight to Napoli is Bruce Dickinson, frontman for rock legends Iron Maiden.

Cant go wrong :thumbsu:

Is he still wearing the leathers and studded wristbands? Maybe they should pipe through the intercom a bit of "Number of the Beast" or "Run to the Hills" to fire the team up.

On the team itself, Agger is out...he's now apparently sick (FFS!), Johnson hasn't got over his thigh strain and Woy has all but said that the Blackburn game is the priority (can't knock him for that), meaning a lot of the fringe dwellers will get a run against Diego's old team.

This is gonna be the mother of all hidings.

Agger is only sick because Hodgson poisoned him. No idea what his ****ing problem is with him apart from the fact he passes the ball and doesn't buy into the hoofing that the stupid ****wit wants everyone to do. It's a ****ing joke he was here in the first place, and even worse now.

A bit like someone kept poisoning Aquaman last season!

Roy doesn't like Agger because as Seb said, he passes the ball out of defence and looks to bring the midfield into the game - Woy doesn't want that.

FFS Woy.

Reina (C)
Kelly Soto Skrtel Aurelio
Useless Poosen (if he's back from leave)
Haxi Mereels Babel
Ngog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back