The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember last time we were in Italy, what Jovetic did, and we had a good squad

Hamsik and Cavani will have some fun.
Its definately going to get very very ugly for us I think.

Lass Diarra, Samba, Honda and an athletic black LB should be our targets this summer.

He's right though.

You guys are talking about signing players that are currently in a squad that is out performing Liverpool.

We're 19th in the league, why would Samba want to leave Blackburn, when there's no guarantee he'd even be first choice at Liverpool.

Same goes for Gary Cahill - why would he want to leave Bolton to play for Liverpool, he's taking a step down and isn't guaranteed to be first choice.

Lass Diarra might be different because he may want out of Madrid, but who knows, and then again, why would you want to come to Liverpool in it's current state.

If we turn things around on the field, we can then look at perhaps a couple of squad strengthening signings in Jan and then assess where we're at going into the off-season.

He's right though.

You guys are talking about signing players that are currently in a squad that is out performing Liverpool.

We're 19th in the league, why would Samba want to leave Blackburn, when there's no guarantee he'd even be first choice at Liverpool.

Same goes for Gary Cahill - why would he want to leave Bolton to play for Liverpool, he's taking a step down and isn't guaranteed to be first choice.

Lass Diarra might be different because he may want out of Madrid, but who knows, and then again, why would you want to come to Liverpool in it's current state.

If we turn things around on the field, we can then look at perhaps a couple of squad strengthening signings in Jan and then assess where we're at going into the off-season.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was being sarcastic because his advice was glaringly obvious.

Its true currently we are in deep trouble.... If we can begin to gradually improve our biggest drawing point is we are liverpool... players want to play for us and if things start look bright again it shouldn't be hard to attract players.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was being sarcastic because his advice was glaringly obvious.

It may be but it astounds me that you are talking about signings like this. We were actually in a worse spot 2 seasons ago and signings were so far off my thoughts it wasn't funny. Consolidation first, signings a distant 2nd. The season is pretty much a write off IMO.

Even if you improve to lower mid table players won't want to sign in Jan not knowing what is happening longer term.

All of course IMO.

It may be but it astounds me that you are talking about signings like this. We were actually in a worse spot 2 seasons ago and signings were so far off my thoughts it wasn't funny. Consolidation first, signings a distant 2nd. The season is pretty much a write off IMO.

Even if you improve to lower mid table players won't want to sign in Jan not knowing what is happening longer term.

All of course IMO.

For the record I have not posted a single thing this season about signing players. However, I'm sure those you are talking about will read your post.

For the record I have not posted a single thing this season about signing players. However, I'm sure those you are talking about will read your post.

I think we should sign Rooney, Messi, Villa, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Ramos, Maicon, Sneijder, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Pique and Puyol and see they go under Roy.

All of course IMO.

2 seasons ago tottenham lost their first 4 games in a row? Manager was sacked. Arry was appointed. Smooth sailing since then.

Roy needs to go.

2 seasons ago tottenham lost their first 4 games in a row? Manager was sacked. Arry was appointed. Smooth sailing since then.

Roy needs to go.

Nah, we just played our best football under Roy's management.

There's no way we were outplayed at all, we dominated parts of the game, but unfortunately we just couldn't score.

Things are about to turn!

Nah, we just played our best football under Roy's management.

There's no way we were outplayed at all, we dominated parts of the game, but unfortunately we just couldn't score.

Things are about to turn!

You are right. We completely dominated 30 mins of that second half and should have been enough to win.

Roy was wrong to bring on Babel and Ngog. He should have waited a bit longer for the team to dominate some more and hopefully score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the Napoli/Liverpool game is on TV this week, if so when and what time?

Some reports suggesting we have been closely following Alexander Kerzhakov, had scouts watching him.... No thanks?...

Go Kenny. As long as he signs himself up as a player.

As well as Keegan, Souness, Rush, Hyypia and the like.

Ffs it's 10 weeks away from the transfer window and we have been linked with about 40 players already. English tabloids, what a joke stfu you pretentious twats!

You can't compare like with like. The market works in completely different ways.

For starters there's a salary cap in baseball.

Whilst the market for baseball and football are different, there is no salary cap in the MLB. There is a luxury tax but that doesn't prevent a team from buying more players/spending more money, it just costs them more to do so once they reach a certain level of payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back