The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birmingham vs. Bolton
Man Utd vs. Arsenal
Stoke vs. West Ham
Man City vs. Reading

Are the remaining 4 ties in the FA Cup for this season.

Showing we have ambition to compete for the title would be more important for potential transfers than Europa League football. If players see we are out flashing big money again they will come.

Hypothetical here. We finish sixth, Tottenham 5th Chelsea 4th etc. We win Europa this year and West Ham or Bolton win FA Cup. Does that mean Tottenham miss out completely? As in:
Champions League - Manure, Arse, ManCity and Chelsea
Europa - Liverpool, Birmingham, West Ham/Bolton

Umm... Actually, yes, I do believe that's what would happen.

Assuming Spurs don't win the UCL :D

Showing we have ambition to compete for the title would be more important for potential transfers than Europa League football. If players see we are out flashing big money again they will come.

Agreed.

Europa wont do jack attraction wise, especially if we're targeting good players.

Birmingham vs. Bolton
Man Utd vs. Arsenal
Stoke vs. West Ham
Man City vs. Reading

Are the remaining 4 ties in the FA Cup for this season.

So we are literally relying on the winner of Utd v Arsenal playing City in the final to open up 6th spot for Europa League. So it's extremely important now that we go on and win the Europa League.

Agreed.

Europa wont do jack attraction wise, especially if we're targeting good players.

I dont agree, Liverpool Football Club will always show ambition to win the title, that's what everyone wants the most. But no European football at all wont help at all.

No player is going to sit there and say, well they are going to try to win the league. Great, ill join them! Plus they know how difficult it will be to win the league. Players want to play in Europe. Europe is vital. To think otherwise is stupid.

So it's extremely important now that we go on and win the Europa League.

What I don't think you understand is, if we play Europa next year we could lose to sides like West Ham due to a mid week game against Prague, just like a week or two ago we looked flat.

That could cost us a top 4 spot next season, wouldn't you rather be fresh for every EPL game and solely focused on top 4 or better?

What I don't think you understand is, if we play Europa next year we could lose to sides like West Ham due to a mid week game against Prague, just like a week or two ago we looked flat.

That could cost us a top 4 spot next season, wouldn't you rather be fresh for every EPL game and solely focused on top 4 or better?

I completely understand this concept and wouldnt mind that at all if it in fact didnt impact on our transfer business.

But it will.

Having no European football next season will turn our first options for LB and on the wings into our second or third option. Which mean we wont get any better at all.

Tottenham, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal and Man City will all have some form of European football next season. So they will also have league matches following tough European fixtures. So we would be in the same boat as them, level playing field. We just need to sign the right players and we will need some form of European football to help us sign the best players we can get.

As much as I like Aurelio, I think we need to sell him at the end of season. No point keeping him as "backup" as he cant even fill that role these days due to injury.

As for Agger, his injuries are almost as annoying as Aurelio but he's too important to sell.

Unfortunately I can't see us getting a cent for Aurelio, just way too much risk for potential teams.

Even though I like Agger, I am very frustrated with his injury problems becuase we are then stuck with Squirtle and Carra. If we can replace Skrtel with someone who his less shit then we could probably carry Agger much better than we have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aurelio is frustrating and I feel sorry for him because he really is a terrific little player. A real shame that he cant stay fit. Depending on his wages, it might not be worth keeping him on next season. If we bring in a world class LB, and if Aurelio isnt on huge wages, I wouldnt mind keeping him on next season.

Agger must stay, too awesome.

Aurelio will be out for a month, Agger won't be ready for our Europa League match and Kelly is due back after the international break.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/fabio-aurelio-injury-update

Well that'd be one the few occasions an International break has arrived at a convenient time.

Forget a late run at the top 4 this season, ain't gonna happen. Try and win the Ropa League.

I'm not sure why some people want to rest players left, right and centre. We're coming off a high last weekend and we have a full week's rest between leg 1 and 2 against Braga. (FA Cup only this weekend).

found something nice this morning in an article about nani/utd

"There was no reaction from the United coaching staff [about Carra trying to apologise but being sent away] as in a pre-planned move, they blanked the media on Sunday. Alex Ferguson did not to speak to host Sky Sports, either before or after his side's third EPL defeat this season."

"...and for the first time, even United's own television channel, MUTV, left a senior game without any reaction, which is an embarrassing situation in itself."

we humiliated them to the point of forgetting the day never happened. that is why I am getting 7/3/11 LFC tattoo'd on my back. :p

Anyone who thinks we're going to finish 4th is a complete arseclown.

The Europa League fixtures are our most relevant games left this season. Fact.

"There was no reaction from the United coaching staff [about Carra trying to apologise but being sent away] as in a pre-planned move, they blanked the media on Sunday. Alex Ferguson did not to speak to host Sky Sports, either before or after his side's third EPL defeat this season."

"...and for the first time, even United's own television channel, MUTV, left a senior game without any reaction, which is an embarrassing situation in itself."

we humiliated them to the point of forgetting the day never happened. that is why I am getting 7/3/11 LFC tattoo'd on my back. :p

Had absolutely nothing to do with us. Was all planned out before they even faced us.

Purselow really had no idea what was best for the club football wise and so we are now stuck with rubbish players on long deals.

Oh dear...

You must have been born in the 90's then if thats your best experience of beating us.

And I wont even comment on the getting it on the back part!

Sylvain Marveaux apparently is close to signing a pre-contract with us and he will be for free, though who knows the truth in it.

Bit of a risk seeing as how we always pick up gem free agents. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back