Not open for further replies.
Reina
Carragher Skrtel Kyrgiakos Johnson
Lucas Poulsen Spearing
Meireles Cole
Kuyt

Gulacsi, Pacheco, Maxi ,Wilson, Ngog, Carroll, Flanagan

Absolutely no width in that 11

I reckon it'll be something like it was on teh weekend, with Meireles sort of playing on the right, but with free reign basically to do as he pleases.

Joe Cole on the left of Lucas who will be a bit more attacking through the middle of Dirk, with Poosen and Spearing sitting in front of the back 4

Looked good for about 20 minutes there when Carroll came on, but it got a bit scrappy after that. Braga deserve the 1-0 win to be honest. Think if we keep a clean sheet at Anfield we'll go through. Braga player could have potentially gotten a red for a swinging elbow to Carroll's head in going for a header as well.

Lucas Poulsen Spearing

Says it all really.

Merieles is the only one in that team that could score if the opportunity arose.

Well that was shit. That is one goal in 5 european away matches. Just not good enough. The home leg should be completely different but if we want to win the Europa League, we are going to have to start performing way better away from home. We can certainly still go through.

Not sure what the King was thinking with playing Lucas, Poulsen and Spearing in the same midfield? That was never, ever going to work. Why not play Maxi and Pacheco and give us a bit of width and skill. Just play 45 across the middle with Maxi Meireles Lucas Cole and partner Kuyt up front with Pacheco. We surely would have created more.

Kenny failed massively with his management.

A week off now and we will need Gerrard and Agger back for the game at Anfield. Hopefully Carroll starts too. And obviously never play Poulsen, Lucas and Spearing in the same midfield. A real shame we cant play Suarez.

Another epically shit european away performance though.

Nice to see Hodgson's still a fan after all he went through

200059_10150440135490322_536310321_17537371_3476518_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lulz at she Woy.

Woke up at HT, checked the score and went back to bed. No Suarez, no Gerrard, no Agger. We were hardly going to score.

Bizarre decision not to start with a 4-4-2.

I know Carroll isn't match fit, but as poor as N'Gog is you needed someone to help Kuyt.

Especially with such a light-weight midfield.

Looked good for about 20 minutes there when Carroll came on, but it got a bit scrappy after that. Braga deserve the 1-0 win to be honest. Think if we keep a clean sheet at Anfield we'll go through. Braga player could have potentially gotten a red for a swinging elbow to Carroll's head in going for a header as well.

Terrible performance on x30 IQ.

However, it should have been a red card for Kaka, horrible deliberate elbow.

But Andy Carroll, Liverpool's #29 was okay.

Carroll really is insane. He won every header that was in a 5m vicinity of him.

Surely the positive today is that:

There should be no doubt - fan and manager alike, that Poulsen is not anywhere near good enough to be playing for the first team.

Kuyt, although a solid player, cannot play the lone striker role on a regular basis. He did very well against Manu, worked his butt off to get those 3 goals, and the guy bleeds Liverpool red, but his first tough when Carroll put him through on goal had me holding my head in my hands in disgust.

Love him to become a squad player. And he's not Carragher so wouldn't cry over it. His best position is up front but he just isnt good enough there. We need naturally wide players on the wings instead of this guy who takes 15 metres to control the ball.

Carroll really is insane. He won every header that was in a 5m vicinity of him.

Surely the positive today is that:

There should be no doubt - fan and manager alike, that Poulsen is not anywhere near good enough to be playing for the first team.

Kuyt, although a solid player, cannot play the lone striker role on a regular basis. He did very well against Manu, worked his butt off to get those 3 goals, and the guy bleeds Liverpool red, but his first tough when Carroll put him through on goal had me holding my head in my hands in disgust.

Love him to become a squad player. And he's not Carragher so wouldn't cry over it. His best position is up front but he just isnt good enough there. We need naturally wide players on the wings instead of this guy who takes 15 metres to control the ball.

This is not a bitter Manc posting here, you guys were way to good for us the other night....and while I agree that Kuyt's main attribute is his work rate and willingness to get stuck in, his 3 goals were not due to this.

1st goal was all down to Suarez turning United defenders into pretzels (along with himself) and Kuyt being in the right place at the right time.

2nd goal came from a misplaced header from Nani that went 10 yards backwards.

3rd gaol was from a fumbled attempt at a save from VDS.

His goals came from being in the right place at the right time (call it poaching, strikers instinct or whatever) but you can not say he got his goals due to working his butt off.

Had you said he worked his butt off against Man Utd and deserved his 3 goals then I would say fair enough.

This is not a bitter Manc posting here, you guys were way to good for us the other night....and while I agree that Kuyt's main attribute is his work rate and willingness to get stuck in, his 3 goals were not due to this.

1st goal was all down to Suarez turning United defenders into pretzels (along with himself) and Kuyt being in the right place at the right time.

2nd goal came from a misplaced header from Nani that went 10 yards backwards.

3rd gaol was from a fumbled attempt at a save from VDS.

His goals came from being in the right place at the right time (call it poaching, strikers instinct or whatever) but you can not say he got his goals due to working his butt off.

Had you said he worked his butt off against Man Utd and deserved his 3 goals then I would say fair enough.
That does some it all up in the end.

I am nearly certain he has not scored a single goal from outside the box in his entire time at Liverpool.

Carroll should start next week in the return leg, hopefully we can turn this tie around and go through.
Also, I can't wait to see the Carroll and Suarez partnership in full swing, it is going to be immense.

Dirk Kuyt works his arse off for the side every game and deserved the hat trick, he was the guy who touched Suarez's ball in ran behind Carrick and got in front of VDS, end of

Lucas Poulsen Spearing

Says it all really.

Merieles is the only one in that team that could score if the opportunity arose.

they all could have scored. Lucas can score blinders. Joe Cole can score freakish goals. we didn't go there to attack them though, we shouldn't respect teams in Europe but we do. however we've barely conceded with the average sides we've put out and we only lost a penalty in the away first leg of the last 16. we have Kuyt up front with an out of touch 29 year old Joe Cole, Meireles in his first season at Liverpool with a mound of expectation already on his shoulders because of five goals in a row. Jay Spearing as one of few young midfield choices. Lucas and Poulsen as a middle duo. why are supporters coming down so hard on us. Kenny has just got here off a cruise ship. what I'm saying is we have a ridiculously long way to go and have to work with what we've got.

we're stuck in this era where we're going to need to rely on Gerrard, Agger, Carroll coming in and pulling us through and it's going to be hard to win this without Suarez I think. Carroll still has time to show us though and we should hope he is paired with Kuyt to start next week..

So is Suarez out of the Europa League entirely or only until Ajax get kicked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back