The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only watched the first half but I reckon we tried the long ball far too much. We missed Suarez.

You expected anything different after signing Carroll?

Shite performance. We lack any creativity of any sort without Gerrard and Suarez.

This.

Such a two man team it's not funny. If one of those plays you can get away with it against certain teams, but when both of them don't play?

perhaps many may be reconsidering putting kenny on permanantly

Questions certainly have to be asked of his negative style away from home in both European matches.

I'd give him a year extension though, after all you won't be in Europe this season and he's done a good job in the league. See what he does next season for mine.

ffs, carroll is as bad as cisse when it comes to staying onside. :D

If you were new to the team and you weren't expecting a ****ing dumb-ass CB to hoof it up to you with every touch he gets, would you be getting called offside all the time?

****ing shocking. I'm not even talking about the result. But the way we expected to lob it up to Carroll and expect him to do something with it. You would hope the players weren't instructed to play it long at every opportunity like that. Our midfield is an embarrassment. Without Gerrard and Suarez we have not a single ounce of creativity.

Kuyt - 1 in 10 touches are great/brilliant (generous). The rest you wonder how he's playing in England at all in any division. I've had it with him. He gets some important goals, but f*** me, you wonder whether that is outweighed by how much he stinks the place up at all other times.

Wouldn't mind seeing Aqua back and a couple of real wingers. Players that are creative. At least moreso than the guys we are playing ATM. In fact, I think we almost NEED to keep Aquilani now, if we expect Gerrard to be injured more often than not. No, he isn't a world beater, but he currently is ours and is a damned sight better than anyone else here.

Pacheco obviously just isn't up to it. Either that or our previous and current manager just don't know their head from their arse.

And ShearMagic, you can be as big a bellend as the rest of the non-Liverpool supporters in our thread, but I agree about Kenny's stupid tactics when playing away. Its not the 1980's. You can't hope for a draw away from home and then expect us to romp it at home - especially with our current squad.

Not sure why you're spewing about long balls either.

Carroll has one main strength - heading the ball. He's not very good with the ball at his feet, so why would you play it to his feet?

You have to play to his strengths.

Not sure why you're spewing about long balls either.

Carroll has one main strength - heading the ball. He's not very good with the ball at his feet, so why would you play it to his feet?

You have to play to his strengths.

Because they are being delivered by the wrong players id say. Carragher isnt gonna hit Carroll on the head for the assist but Meireles sure as hell could

Thank god I didn't watch that rubbish, can hardly say I'm devastated about the result.

We basically don't have much to play for anymore this season except trying to finish with as many points as we can, maybe we could experiment with new things like Johnson on the wing when Kelly returns.

I didn't even mind the long balls cos in the second half Skrtel was good and Carra actually played some fairly accurate ones. Plus Kuyt and Carroll can control them. When N'gog came on we even looked like we could have sneaked one. Just need Neymar to go with Suarez next to Carroll.

Anyone know where I can get some decent quality highlights/replays of Champs league matches in 05 or decent matches from around then? All I have is the final and I want to add to that.

Cheers.

buy the 3 pack box set from the Liverpool site, or subscribe to LFC TV where you can watch a shiteload of content from past games.

Loved ShearMagic constantly posting here to put the boot in after we signed Carroll, just so he can be vindicated in some way that he's gonna be a shit signing for us or something? Are the barcodes seriously so incredibly deprived and sad that they'd claim some sorta victory in anything given any chance?

Having said that, if we're just gonna turn route 1 whenever he's on the pitch, then the money is well wasted. Carroll is like Carra's dream or something, he cannot play when Carroll plays. Should improve when Agger's back

Having Maxi and Cole on the pitch at the same time is bad enough, then you sub them off for Spearing and Ngog.

Loved ShearMagic constantly posting here to put the boot in after we signed Carroll, just so he can be vindicated in some way that he's gonna be a shit signing for us or something? Are the barcodes seriously so incredibly deprived and sad that they'd claim some sorta victory in anything given any chance?

Having said that, if we're just gonna turn route 1 whenever he's on the pitch, then the money is well wasted. Carroll is like Carra's dream or something, he cannot play when Carroll plays. Should improve when Agger's back

Having Maxi and Cole on the pitch at the same time is bad enough, then you sub them off for Spearing and Ngog.

What have I said that is incorrect?

He'll only be a shit signing if you don't play the style that suits him. If you play a style that suits him he's going to be a good signing for you.

Also, how is me posting about Carroll failing any different to you guys posting about Torres?

Are Liverpool so incredibly deprived and sad that they'd claim a victory in anything given a chance?

I ask the same question back at you, what have I said that is incorrect? You wouldn't be here if we never signed Carroll

1. We ain't no two men team, but a 4 men team :) Gerrard Suarez Agger Meireles. In fact, Agger's most important of those four. Dictates the way we play our football

2. Try playing positive football with some of the squad Kenny's been stuck with in this Europa.

3. We ain't necessarily playing long ball purely because Carroll's there, it certainly encourages Carra and the likes to do so even more, but even without him, I bet those two will still hoof their ass off

So we both haven't said anything that's incorrect?

Agger and Meireles are important, but without Gerrard or Suarez you won't score many goals even if Agger and Meireles play. I'm not having a go, we're a 2 man team as well (as has been evidenced by our recent form without Barton), in fact, you'll find most teams in the premier league are, but certain teams have better back-up players than others.

I've seen worse squads play more positive football. Look at Blackpool (as an example).

See, you're incorrect already. I haven't said anything incorrect but you have, many times, already

I'm not cut with any of your two men team jibe, you're just wrong in saying who it is. Agger is far more important to the way we play than anyone else, we start hoofing from the back without him. Gerrard isn't really even among our three most important players anymore, not scoring enough goals or ever dominating the midfield that often to warrant it.

I dunno about putting Wilson, Carra, Cole, Maxi, Poulsen, Ngog and the likes in Europra starting lineups and trying to play positive football. That's like Japan trying to cool down the nuclear reactor by splashing 250ml cups of water

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was planning to watch last night's 'effort' but slept in. I think my subconscious was telling me not to wake up and be subjected to another 90 minutes of dross.

What the last two Europa League games have shown is how much we still rely on a 30-something Gerrard's creative impetus and that's more than a bit concerning.

So we'll add a playmaking midfielder to list of required transfer targets in the summer, along with a CB..a LB..and two wingers. Hope John Henry has deep pockets! :)

Carroll will score lots of goals if we get wingers in. A couple of good wingers dropping balls on his head makes him incredibly hard to deal with.

Doesn't matter how good he is when he's got his back to goal bringing down hoof balls from Carragher, he's not going to score - and he's not going to create if Suarez or someone of similar quality isn't there to bring the ball down to.

Glad my alarm appears to have crapped itself.

And Agger is our most important player. Bar none. Him playing or not completely alters the shape and style.

And that my friends is why signing a new CB must be your top priority. Possibly two even if you give up on Agger and his fitness problems. Samba Sakho would be the sex.

We drew 0-0. We lost over the two legs to a penalty. We hardly conceded a goal all tournament...

I would like us to sign a new CB to replace Carragher/Skrtel. But I'm not sure how a 0-0 draw is evidence that a CB should be the top priority...

I want to sign 2 quality wingers and a new LB before a new CB.

If we were to sign a new LB, you could potentially put Johnson at RB again and move Kelly into the CB position.

Needs:

Center Back (aerial threat, not semi-retarted)
Left Back (can cross the ball and defend)
Central Midfielder (with creativity)
Winger (who can cross the ball and take someone on)
Winger (^^)
Striker (Come on and make an impact, not N'gog)

Needs:

Center Back (aerial threat, not semi-retarted)
Left Back (can cross the ball and defend)
Central Midfielder (with creativity)
Winger (who can cross the ball and take someone on)
Winger (^^)
Striker (Come on and make an impact, not N'gog)

Well I would say that players who fit those positions and are realistic are:
Center Back - Sahko (15m), Samba (10m), Cahill (12m)
Left Back - Ziegler (Free), Cissokho (15m+)
Central Midfielder - Banega (20m), Adam (8m), Defour (10m+)
Winger - Sanchez (12m+), Marin (15m+), Hazard (20m), Young (20m)
Winger (^^)
Striker - Podolski (10m), Lavezzi (15m)

Well I would say that players who fit those positions and are realistic are:
Center Back - Sahko (15m), Samba (10m), Cahill (12m)
Left Back - Ziegler (Free), Cissokho (15m+)
Central Midfielder - Banega (20m), Adam (8m), Defour (10m+)
Winger - Sanchez (12m+), Marin (15m+), Hazard (20m),
Winger (^^)
Striker - Podolski (10m), Lavezzi (15m)
Ashley Young at this point is realistic enough to put amongst that group.

Bad omission.

play to carrolls strengths fair enough, but dont play long ball, build it up and then whip it in, yes i know we ont have any great crossers of the ball, but he is more likely to score from a cross as opposed to a floated diagonal ball.

play to carrolls strengths fair enough, but dont play long ball, build it up and then whip it in, yes i know we ont have any great crossers of the ball, but he is more likely to score from a cross as opposed to a floated diagonal ball.

I said when you signed him that he'd be largely ineffective for the rest of this season.

He needs crosses to run at, your only two good crossers of the ball are Gerrard when he feels like it, and Meireles, but unless one of them shifts right then it's not going to be an issue.

He'll be dangerous from set pieces (he always is), but I wouldn't expect any more than 2 goals from him from open play.

Carroll is certainly a dangerous player but having him in the team seriously limits the way a team can play, and with a giant up front that wins lots of headers of course the temptation is for everyone to hoof the ball up to him.

People would be far less charitable about him if you paid £3.5m for him instead of £35m.

excited for sunderland game... can't wait to see suarez play again

I said when you signed him that he'd be largely ineffective for the rest of this season.

He needs crosses to run at, your only two good crossers of the ball are Gerrard when he feels like it, and Meireles, but unless one of them shifts right then it's not going to be an issue.

He'll be dangerous from set pieces (he always is), but I wouldn't expect any more than 2 goals from him from open play.

Carroll is certainly a dangerous player but having him in the team seriously limits the way a team can play, and with a giant up front that wins lots of headers of course the temptation is for everyone to hoof the ball up to him.

People would be far less charitable about him if you paid £3.5m for him instead of £35m.

dont get me wrong, i was very happy with us signing andy, and he was the man i wanted to replace fernando, but for him to be effective to our team, we have to use him sparingly, playing a long ball every time is just asking for attention, when we have a few more quality players and we arent giving him the ball from the back every time, i think he will become more effective. the most important thing is taking the attention away from other players, he doesnt need to actually knock a header down every time, he just needs to scare the fcuk out of the defenders and unsettle them.

i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back