The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
reading the liverpool army threads of late has made me realise as to why i stopped posting in them to begin with. honestly, the amount of player bashing that goes on.... :rolleyes:

That's because most of them are shit?

im sure you would have been aware of the clubs financial troubles in recent history. is it surprising that the club has had to aquire players working on a shoestring budget? ffs, support the club through the troubled times or go and support chelsea or man city where they can buy all the players you dream of football manager style. :rolleyes:

We've still spent money, but the utter garbage we have got in on free transfers on ridiculous wages have all stunk the joint out (surprisingly enough).

Degen, 50k p/w.
Voronin, 60k p/w.
Joe Cole, 100k p/w.

Apologies to the shit players on a free transfer if I've forgotten anyone.

if i remember rightly, we've spent bugger all since the season we got torres in. it's been a spend what you sell case every season since.

sure it hurts to see players like that on such big wages, but they were free. and we can't really lash out like man city, chelsea etc... or hell, even tottenham.

I don't want the season to end... I plan on going to some of our games for the first time.

Pity it won't be with our most important players, though.

Cancer & Aids have much to answer for, it should be us suing them, not them trying to sue us. Had we invested heavily in the squad post 2008/2009 season without selling off key players, we'd be in a great position now. All the more annoying because we were clearly a better team then the Mancs in 08/09 too :( Thanks to their tight ass ways they put us back about 2 to 3 seasons.

Seasons done, would rather Gerrard was fit for next year, although it's been frustrating because he's been very good this season when fit (much much better than last year, for example).

Reina
Carra Skrtel Soto Wilson
Spearing Lucas
Kuyt Meireles Suarez
Carroll

Gulacsi, Robinson, Coady, Poulsen, Maxi, Ngog, ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cancer & Aids have much to answer for, it should be us suing them, not them trying to sue us. Had we invested heavily in the squad post 2008/2009 season without selling off key players, we'd be in a great position now. All the more annoying because we were clearly a better team then the Mancs in 08/09 too :( Thanks to their tight ass ways they put us back about 2 to 3 seasons.

Just imagine if we used the money from the sales of our top players like Alonso AND had some of our revenue put into purchases as well. Even one of thos situations would have been nice. Instead our squad is 4 years behind where it should be. Cecil played a f ucking huge part in that too.

I was like this before the WBA game, then I saw us play with no Gerrard, Agger, Johnson and Kelly. :thumbsu:

Give it up Jod.

Yeah we were pretty poor against WBA. But hopefully Jonjo can play tomorrow, instead of Spearing. Id even play Poulsen in front of Spearing. And Aurelio might be fit to start at LB. I cant give up, it's not in my nature. Hopefully we can string some results together, but yeah, it will be tough without key players.

We still have Suarez, he is capable of winning games on his own. So lets just pass him the ball.

Reina
Carra Skrtel Soto Wilson
Spearing Lucas
Kuyt Meireles Suarez
Carroll

Gulacsi, Robinson, Coady, Poulsen, Maxi, Ngog, ???

Id expect something like that. Suarez is better on the right though but im sure they will switch wings at points in the game. Id expect to see Jonjo and Aurelio on the bench too. City will probably batter us.

Our net spend is always shite, we do not waste money.

Your net spend is in the top 4 since 2003 (top 6 since 2006) and is much more than the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal. Only clubs that have outspent you in recent times really are Chelsea Man City and to a much lesser extent Tottenham.

Fact is alot of money thats been spent isnt seen in the first 11 squad and that in the first 11 has been incredibly overpriced. Man United and Arsenal have been able to find the Clichy/Rafael/Hernandez/RVP to fill out there squads (transfers under 2 mill) and you havnt. That is where the difference lies at the end.

Id expect something like that. Suarez is better on the right though but im sure they will switch wings at points in the game. Id expect to see Jonjo and Aurelio on the bench too. City will probably batter us.

I forgot about Jonjo, hopefully he's on the bench, I'd rather play Wilson or Robinson at LB rather than Fabio, who surely will be gone at season's end?

Your net spend is in the top 4 since 2003 (top 6 since 2006) and is much more than the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal. Only clubs that have outspent you in recent times really are Chelsea Man City and to a much lesser extent Tottenham.

Fact is alot of money thats been spent isnt seen in the first 11 squad and that in the first 11 has been incredibly overpriced. Man United and Arsenal have been able to find the Clichy/Rafael/Hernandez/RVP to fill out there squads (transfers under 2 mill) and you havnt. That is where the difference lies at the end.

Do you understand what net spend is? Since 2003 we have spent SFA, with what we spend on players during the off season generally equalling what we sell. Man U have spent far more then us - just add up to the total transfer value of their first 11 vs our first 11. Before Carroll our record transfer fee was 21 million pounds - a pittance compared to your Uniteds/Chelsea/Citeh/Spurs.

Coledinho piss off to your own little supporters thread

That wont make what I said any less true im afraid. Everyone knows your inability to buy young talent and promote them into the first team is what got you where you are today. Atleast your showing signs in improving in that area with Kelly, Shelvey and a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back