The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be awesome if Jovanovic can come back and could show Markovic the way to becoming the greatest Serbian player of all time

I've heard Markovic's career goal is to one day be mentioned on Neighbours as well

Kelly to Crystal Palace is confirmed. Bit of a shame, he was very highly rated for a while there before injuries got in the way. Still remember how well he performed on his debut against Lyon at Anfield in 2009. Hope he goes well at Palace.

Neither did Arsenal & Man United either. I know it is unlikely but it isn't impossible.
Any chance QPR would loan Remy out again?
Arsenal and United v Liverpool and United is like chalk and cheese bro.

United and Liverpool dont do business. They havent in something like 40-50 years and wont ever in the future you wouldnt think.

Also just reading Soccernet's coming predictions for the season. The following experts had their say on the top 4. Ames, Brewin, Cox, Delaney, Hirshey, Horncastle, Hunter, Jolly, Macintosh, Marcotti, Miller and Palmer.

Nobody but Marcotti had us in their top 4. Marcotti thinks we will finish 3rd. Everyone else had a variation of Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal.

I hope Rodgers is telling his team all of this. People doubt us. Let's prove them wrong.

Also just reading Soccernet's coming predictions for the season. The following experts had their say on the top 4. Ames, Brewin, Cox, Delaney, Hirshey, Horncastle, Hunter, Jolly, Macintosh, Marcotti, Miller and Palmer.

Nobody but Marcotti had us in their top 4. Marcotti thinks we will finish 3rd. Everyone else had a variation of Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal.

I hope Rodgers is telling his team all of this. People doubt us. Let's prove them wrong.

Its quite remarkable if you look at it closely. Its like everyone has just forgot about last season. Man United have a new manager and are suddenly going to challenge for the league again, after only adding Herrera and Shaw. Lets ignore the massive whole in their squad at CB. Suarez was singlehandedly responsible for dragging Liverpool to the title.

Bah, let's just bring on the season and let our football do the talking :D

YNWA

Being linked with Romero the Argentina GK for back up to Migs

2m the price quoted but could be on loan with Coates going the other way.

Thoughts?

Aside from the fact that the majority of the pundits on Soccernet are completely clueless and always have been - that's great for us, I'm happy to slip under the radar. Everyone underestimated Liverpool at the start of last season and it looks like they're making the same mistake again. Hopefully a few of the defences we face think that without Suarez they can squeeze up on us like they did last season!

I'm quietly confident of our chances. Yes we've lost an excellent footballer in Suarez but we've made massive improvements to every single other area of the squad. We're a far better and more well rounded unit than we were last year when we pushed for the title on what was essentially a very threadbare squad, now we have multiple top quality options in every single position on the field. Even as we are I'd still have us finishing 3rd, but if we can pull off that final attacking signing in the next 2 weeks I'd have no issue throwing us into the mix for a title challenge again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its quite remarkable if you look at it closely. Its like everyone has just forgot about last season. Man United have a new manager and are suddenly going to challenge for the league again, after only adding Herrera and Shaw. Lets ignore the massive whole in their squad at CB. Suarez was singlehandedly responsible for dragging Liverpool to the title.

YNWA
It begs belief to be honest.

Moyes was shit, LVG is much better than Moyes but that doesnt mean suddenly United are going to challenge for the league. They still have Nani, Young, Fletcher, Carrick, Fellaini, Smalling, Jones, Welbeck etc. Their squad is average and they need some major signings. They will be better but even top 4 will be stretch for them, nevermind the title.

It's also amazing that all those so called football experts who live and breathe football like I do cant see that it was more a team effort than a one man show last season. It's our system that works, our teamwork, pressing, movement and passing. High tempo stuff. Sure Suarez was the star of the team, but it's wasnt like Spurs. Bale and 10 other blokes. Suarez was just the star within a great team.

I dont think we can win the title but all the experts think we will finish 5th or lower. The only reason they seem to be able to find for that is that we sold Suarez. No mention of buying quality players like Lallana, Lovren, Moreno, Markovic etc... just that we have sold Suarez.

Pretty shit journalism to be fair.

Being linked with Romero the Argentina GK for back up to Migs

2m the price quoted but could be on loan with Coates going the other way.

Thoughts?
An upgrade on Jones. Would rather it be permanent and Coates going out hopefully permanent.

Rumours of Ilori finding another loan which would be good for him. With Kelly gone, hopefully Coates too, that leaves us with Lovren, Skrtel, Agger, Sakho and Toure as CB options.

Toure is in his last year and will leave next season and Agger is nearing the exit so if get Ilori out on loan and get another year into him, with Wisdom out too, we will have two young excellent CB's ready to come back into the team for the starts of next season.

So I think from the start of next year we could see the 5 options as Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren, Ilori and Wisdom.

YNWA

Haha it seems like most people are backing United purely because they are United without actually looking at their squad objectively. Van Gaal is a very good manager, can he work a minor miracle? Because that's what some seem to be banking on with their predictions, it's going to be incredibly competitive at the top this season and it won't be easy for them. As you say, they have glaring deficiencies at the back and in central midfield. Meanwhile Van Persie is past his best in my opinion and isn't the sort of player I'd personally want to be relying on to lead my attack - he'll chip in with a few goals but his work rate over the last 12 months has been absolutely appalling, they basically play with 10 men when they're defending.

As you say though, I can't wait for the weekend and the football to start up again.

Its quite remarkable if you look at it closely. Its like everyone has just forgot about last season. Man United have a new manager and are suddenly going to challenge for the league again, after only adding Herrera and Shaw.
Apparently they haven't forgotten about last season, but now see not playing in Europe to be the biggest advantage available ever. You know, like all those other years when teams that finished 7th ended up only losing the title on goal difference...

Aside from the fact that the majority of the pundits on Soccernet are completely clueless and always have been - that's great for us, I'm happy to slip under the radar. Everyone underestimated Liverpool at the start of last season and it looks like they're making the same mistake again. Hopefully a few of the defences we face think that without Suarez they can squeeze up on us like they did last season!

I'm quietly confident of our chances. Yes we've lost an excellent footballer in Suarez but we've made massive improvements to every single other area of the squad. We're a far better and more well rounded unit than we were last year when we pushed for the title on what was essentially a very threadbare squad, now we have multiple top quality options in every single position on the field. Even as we are I'd still have us finishing 3rd, but if we can pull off that final attacking signing in the next 2 weeks I'd have no issue throwing us into the mix for a title challenge again.
Well rounded side is definitely true. We have gotten far better all over the pitch. Yes we lost Suarez and we do need one more striker to come in before the deadline, but everywhere else on the pitch, we are far superior than last season.

Take our first loss of the campaign last season. It was a 0-1 reversal at Anfield against Southampton. It made us 3-1-1 for the season and we had 10 points from a possible 15 and shared top spot with Chelsea. The side that day...

-----------Mignolet-----------
Toure--Skrtel--Sakho--Agger
------------Lucas-------------
-----Gerrard----Henderson---
Aspas----Sturridge----Moses

Jones, Enrique, Kelly, Wisdom, Alberto, Sterling, Ibe

Sure BR made a mistake and played 4 CB's but looking at that squad to what we have now is a massive difference. Suarez didnt play and yes we did lose that game but our squad is so much better now that we wont have scrubs like Moses and Aspas starting and Alberto on the bench. We will have proper FB's like Moreno and Manquillo or Flanno. Genuine wide players like Markovic, Sterling, better midfielders like Can, Lovren at the back, better bench options like Lambert etc

Suarez is a massive blow but the squad as a whole has improved IMO.

If Man Utd signs Vidal then I'd be concerned, for now they could still go either way

But if we maintain our game from last season then I can't see us finishing outside the top 4. But then a lot of it depends on injuries, we had a good run last season with it

If we sign a top forward then I'd be disappointed if we finish outside

We had a shocker with injuries last season. Complete back four out with both Cissokho & Toure having to start for 1 whole month. Studge was out for 2 months, Lucas out for nearly half the season and Gerrard out fir the month prior to Christmas. If we had a decent squad last season we would have won the title. Relying on Moses, Cissokho & Toure as backups cost us the title last season and thus time round we have much better backup options.

We had a shocker with injuries last season. Complete back four out with both Cissokho & Toure having to start for 1 whole month. Studge was out for 2 months, Lucas out for nearly half the season and Gerrard out fir the month prior to Christmas. If we had a decent squad last season we would have won the title. Relying on Moses, Cissokho & Toure as backups cost us the title last season and thus time round we have much better backup options.

I think we had a dream run from new year onwards where we basically fielded our best side almost every week

First half of the season had Gerrard and Sturridge out for that period of a month specifically Christmas, which was probably our worst period, but we still had Suarez being on fire so it didn't hurt us too much. Cissokho probably would've played a bit anyway, Enrique's an enigma, Johnson isn't very good. So I dunno if it really hit us that hard at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back