The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given we're doubling the capacity of the Main Stand to 21,000 (if you've ever been to Anfield, you'll know how small and run down that stand is at present), you're obviously going to have to work backwards at some stage as there are parameters for how steep a stand can be due to safety & access issues.

Fortunately the architects have designed it so that the viewing angle of the new stand will be the steepest in the stadium (see below comparison of the new stand to the Kop), and will still leave spectators closer to the pitch than the equivalent seats at for example the Emirates or the Etihad, thus ensuring none of the atmosphere and acoustics of the ground are lost. With the amount of time and money spent on ensuring optimum 'fan experience' these days I can't see it being something they would have overlooked but I guess we'll see once it's built.

View attachment 112120
View attachment 112123
View attachment 112125
View attachment 112127
Fair enough, appreciate the response. I do find it interesting.

Does still seem an awful long way back but I guess that's in comparison to how small the existing stand is (wasn't aware of that).

All very exciting in any case.

mainstand2.jpg

That's what the main stand looks like now Jatz

Not only is it quite small, only one tier but it also has those four annoying poles which gets in the way. Ive only sat in the Main Stand once. Wasnt the best, the poles are annoying. Most I think about 10 out of the 12 or so times ive been to Anfield, ive managed to secure Kop tickets.

Our depth is quickly running thin with all these players getting rested + injuries.

This could be the lineup.

------------Sturridge---------
------Lallana-----Sterling----
Moreno---Allen---Can----Ibe
----Toure--Skrtel--Lovren---
------------Mignolet----------

Subs: Ward, Manquillo, Williams, Lussey, Borini, Lambert, Balotelli

Coutinho and Henderson not playing, Markovic suspended, Gerrard, Sakho, Johnson may miss, Flanagan, Enrique and Jones ruled out. :(

Last edited:
Our depth is quickly running thin with all these players getting rested + injuries.

This could be the lineup.

------------Sturridge---------
------Lallana-----Sterling----
Moreno---Allen---Can----Ibe
----Toure--Skrtel--Lovren---
------------Mignolet----------

Subs: Ward, Manquillo, Williams, Rossiter, Borini, Lambert, Balotelli

Coutinho and Henderson not playing, Markovic suspended, Gerrard, Sakho, Johnson may miss, Flanagan, Enrique and Jones ruled out. :(
Would bank on that starting lineup, cant see it any other way. We wont have much bench help though.

Would bank on that starting lineup, cant see it any other way. We wont have much bench help though.
I'd probs give Manquillo and Balotelli some decent time off the bench and that's about it.

Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM
No Jordan Henderson (ankle), Glen Johnson, Mamadou Sakho or Philippe Coutinho on LFC flight to Istanbul; some young players in squad ...

I'm very glad Coutinho is getting a rest .. Save him for City.

Mignolet
Lovren
Skrtel
Toure

Ibe
Can
Allen
Moreno
Lallana Sterling

Sturridge
Subs: Ward, Manquillo, Smith, Williams, Borini, Lambert, Balotelli

OR

Mignolet
Toure Skrtel Lovren
Ibe Can Allen Moreno
Lallana
Sturridge Balotelli

Ward, Smith, Williams, Manquillo, Sterling, Borini, Lambert
I'd be happy to grind out a 0-0 draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to burst the bubble, but Brad Smith isn't in the squad lads..

Squad is: Mignolet, Lovren, Skrtel, Can, Ibe, Allen, Moreno, Sterling, Sturridge, Borini, Balotelli, Lambert, Ward, Lussey, Williams, Fulton, Brannagan, Sinclair.

Liverpool U19 v Benfica U19 UEFA Youth League Highlights:
http://www.lfc.vn/youth/highlights-benfica-u19-2015-feb/

No Ojo, Rossiter, Kent or Brewitt (injured or recently loaned out) for this clash so it was always going to be difficult. Still, a 2-1 loss playing away to last year's runner up and arguably the best side remaining in the competition isn't a bad result and will have been a great experience for our lads. Not sure what it is about these Portuguese kids but they are consistently outstanding in the youth grades. They all seem to show extremely advanced technical ability and athleticism for their age.

Great finish by Canos too. He and a few others in this age bracket can't be far off a loan spell somewhere.

Liverpool U19 v Benfica U19 UEFA Youth League Highlights:
http://www.lfc.vn/youth/highlights-benfica-u19-2015-feb/

No Ojo, Rossiter, Kent or Brewitt (injured or recently loaned out) for this clash so it was always going to be difficult. Still, a 2-1 loss playing away to last year's runner up and arguably the best side remaining in the competition isn't a bad result and will have been a great experience for our lads. Not sure what it is about these Portuguese kids but they are consistently outstanding in the youth grades. They all seem to show extremely advanced technical ability and athleticism for their age.

Great finish by Canos too. He and a few others in this age bracket can't be far off a loan spell somewhere.

Benfica would have one of the best youth systems in football. Then you have Porto and Sporting. Lots of quality players have come out from these 3 clubs.

Fox don't own the rights, Setanta do

It hasn't been setanta for months, it's BeIN Sports. From memory the BeIN SportsConnect app is $99 for 12 months and you can AirPlay from your iPad to TV. Quality is much better than Setanta days with studio build up, half time discussion and post match reviews, news shows and highlights from other leagues. If we go deep into this comp it will provide good value. Also streams multiple games simultaneously.

A couple of snaps from my 65" last game...

10985180_10153150079533179_2400314566039085132_n.jpg

10991312_10153150075008179_2104303706823688186_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back