The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
City haven't won at Anfield since the 2002/03 season. Pretty confident we can get a draw this game. Will need to be at our very best to win but don't think we will lose

Really difficult to predict. Could go either way but you have to say City would be favourites to win. I'd be thrilled with a draw.

Moomba are you going?
Not at this stage. Havent really done aways since the kids came along. Going to pick up again next season when they're old enough for me to bring them along.

I don't care when City do it as its apart of why they won the title.

Or when Chelsea do it as it was against them.

But every other club? Embarrassing.

Yeah I agree, and it's obviously completely relevant and clever when they're playing against us, but I have to say that I do find it funny the bizarre occasions they choose to bring it out though.

"Well we've just gone 2-0 down to Barcelona in the Champions League, let's sing about Steven Gerrard!"

Haha call me crazy, but wouldn't it make more sense to sing songs to motivate your own players in one of the biggest games of the season rather than take pot shots at a player who has probably achieved as much in his career as their club has in their entire history??

I guess it doesn't really surprise me that Chelsea have sung it every single game this season (despite being out of the title race by that stage) given their song library is otherwise limited to 2 very witty numbers ('Jose Mouriiiiinhoooo', and repeating the name of their club ad infinitum). Oh well, good luck to them!

Personally I'm glad you don't hear us singing about Chelsea or United players etc every single week, too busy singing one of the many songs about our own lads I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so we're almost restricted to something like Mignolet; Toure Skrtel Lovren; Moreno Allen Can Ibe; then some options for the last 3? Lallana Sterling Sturridge?

It's the equivalent of us unveiling the 'David Moyes, Football Genius' banner against everyone last season :confused:
If Moyes being incompetent was a factor in you winning the league maybe.

so we're almost restricted to something like Mignolet; Toure Skrtel Lovren; Moreno Allen Can Ibe; then some options for the last 3? Lallana Sterling Sturridge?
Think this will be spot on. Maybe Manquillo at wing back for more solidity with an Ibe sterling sturridge front 3

Jeepers nearly missing a full team; Jones, Sakho, Johnson, Flanagan, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic. We're gonna have a bench of academy kids and backup strikers. :drunk: I know Besiktas have a few out as well but all things considered it'd be a fair achievement if we manage to get through.

+1 for shit club. Sing it when you play against us sure, but why in god's name are you singing it when you are 2-0 down against Barcelona in a huge Champions League match.

Sing about your players, about your club! Try to lift them. Poor.

As for the game, if Hendo is out, then surely Can into midfield with Allen. Toure, Skrtel, Lovren in the back three.

Moreno and Ibe for wingbacks. It's going to be a tough game, particularly with all our outs. One away goal should do it though!

Video simulation of the construction of the new Main Stand at Anfield:

Sorry for the intrusion but found the video interesting. As far as I can tell, the new seats are going to be miles from the pitch? They were saying the 9m pedestrian zone and then they're building behind that. Unless I've misunderstood.

Looks good but those new seats would be shit viewing wise.

+1 for shit club. Sing it when you play against us sure, but why in god's name are you singing it when you are 2-0 down against Barcelona in a huge Champions League match.

Sing about your players, about your club! Try to lift them. Poor.

As for the game, if Hendo is out, then surely Can into midfield with Allen. Toure, Skrtel, Lovren in the back three.

Moreno and Ibe for wingbacks. It's going to be a tough game, particularly with all our outs. One away goal should do it though!
Imagine if when we were down 2 goals in Istanbul we started singing some bollocks about Man U. but no it was YNWA and the boys got up. That's the difference between a sit club and a great one. The Sheik should invest in a bit of spirit.

Sorry for the intrusion but found the video interesting. As far as I can tell, the new seats are going to be miles from the pitch? They were saying the 9m pedestrian zone and then they're building behind that. Unless I've misunderstood.

Looks good but those new seats would be shit viewing wise.

Given we're doubling the capacity of the Main Stand to 21,000 (if you've ever been to Anfield, you'll know how small and run down that stand is at present), you're obviously going to have to work backwards at some stage as there are parameters for how steep a stand can be due to safety & access issues.

Fortunately the architects have designed it so that the viewing angle of the new stand will be the steepest in the stadium (see below comparison of the new stand to the Kop), and will still leave spectators closer to the pitch than the equivalent seats at for example the Emirates or the Etihad, thus ensuring none of the atmosphere and acoustics of the ground are lost. With the amount of time and money spent on ensuring optimum 'fan experience' these days I can't see it being something they would have overlooked but I guess we'll see once it's built.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back