The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this game will signal the end of the Klopp era.
The cliff was always coming and not replenishing the squad last year after Mane wanted out and and reloading for another title shot was a big mistake.

This is embarassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of this is a surprise. If I'm Jurgen I'd walk, he isn't being backed by owners who have checked out because they are looking to sell, we are no longer their business

Yep. Jurg probably has a key midfielder ready to buy but FSG simply wont ok it before Klopp shifts 2 to 3 players out.

I reckon Ox playing is a window exercise so we can sell him for 6m odd.

Just trying to remember if we have ever played worse than that under Klopp. Only game I could think of was the Villa debacle but even in that game we scored goals, created chances, looked dangerous, we were just all over the shop defensively. Still looked like us in an attacking sense, it was just very much an anomaly in defence.

But this game, we just looked like relegation fodder. No control of the game, easily passed through, no desire, no belief, couldnt hold onto the ball, constantly gave it away, generated no pressure, no corners until the 90th minute. We just looked like a relegation battler against a really good side.

Shocking really.

Cant see a way for it to get better either. Midfield is absolutely cooked.

Yep. Jurg probably has a key midfielder ready to buy but FSG simply wont ok it before Klopp shifts 2 to 3 players out.

I reckon Ox playing is a window exercise so we can sell him for 6m odd.
Has to be cos he's shite and finished. Cant believe he keeps starting games. Elliott, Carvalho, hell even Doak I'd start before Ox.

Expecting full rotation for the FA Cup.

Jones-Carvalho-Doak
Milner-Bajcetic-Keita
Kostas-Gomez-Phillips-Ramsay
Alisson

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Robbo, TAA, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Gakpo, Salah

Last edited:
Arguably worst loss under Klopp.

Team has looked mentally & physically cooked since the first game. Shorter break, losing CL final, being alive on the last day of the season and not winning the league, World Cup, heaps of injuries all contributing factors.

We needed a major refresh heading into this season and it never happened.

Not sure where we go from here. Everyone knows we need two world class midfielders right now otherwise we will be lucky to finish in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back