The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Jurg probably has a key midfielder ready to buy but FSG simply wont ok it before Klopp shifts 2 to 3 players out.

I reckon Ox playing is a window exercise so we can sell him for 6m odd.
Be lucky to get 6 quid for him, he is awful and the fact he is virtually a regular at the moment shows how far we have fallen.

That was demoralizing, we were utterly thrashed. Need a MF enforcer who is up for the fight, plus a creative spark in there.

Agree on Brighton recruiting manager, they were bouncing around the lower divisions for decades, now look more than capable of Europe.

I don’t know where Jurgen goes from here I fear it could all come to a head before the end of the season and he walks.

Have to be top 5 worst midfield in the league. Lack of cohesion and creativity.
It may come to Klopp being forced out because he won’t put up with lack of reinforcements and spendings

Take Thiago out and you'd struggle to find one worse. Crazy how they've let it happen while buying attacker after attacker even if FSG are ****ing them with funds still fans have been calling for a midfield upgrade for two years and they've done nothing.

Jurg winning everything in spite of FSG seems more incredible by the day

They don't need to spend crazy, live within our means and all that, that's fine, but when Jurgen needed a CB in 20/21 and they didn't deliver because they were more concerned with the Super League, and now Jurgen needs a midfielder and they don't even do the bare minimum of making it happen? Sorry, they are taking the piss at this point

For all those worrying about Klopp walking, we need to chill. He wont walk, he's not that kind of guy, he has signed a deal to be with us and he will see it out. He loves the club and the fans and he will back himself. We just need FSG to stop being stingy and actually give Klopp some money to refresh the squad.

For all those worrying about Klopp walking, we need to chill. He wont walk, he's not that kind of guy, he has signed a deal to be with us and he will see it out. He loves the club and the fans and he will back himself. We just need FSG to stop being stingy and actually give Klopp some money to refresh the squad.
I am not worried about him walking. I am more concerned that if we did a full scale sale. The new owners would be w***ers like Chelsea owners over the years. They unrealistically think you will win trophies every year, not knowing there is such thing as competition. And they will remove a proven manager and fan favorite, for someone who has no freaking clue.

Imagine the uproar from fans if that happened. Aside from this season so far, at least we have been pushing deep most years with an average midfield and not even being in the top 5 in spending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest he may just walk. No support from the board. Emotionally mentally done everything possible to get Liverpool competing only to be pipped by Man City numerous times. These 38 EPL matches are draining with FA Cup, Champions League expectations.
Matip is declining, VVD too. He has always been slow but smart with his positioning, now he’s caught out one on one.
It’s just meh right now. The fact Keita, Firmino, Fabinho have not moved on or sold is indicting.

**** the Baseball owners. Boston Red Sox are dog**** atm. They don’t care about Liverpool as their number 1 priority.

To be honest he may just walk. No support from the board. Emotionally mentally done everything possible to get Liverpool competing only to be pipped by Man City numerous times. These 38 EPL matches are draining with FA Cup, Champions League expectations.
Matip is declining, VVD too. He has always been slow but smart with his positioning, now he’s caught out one on one.
It’s just meh right now. The fact Keita, Firmino, Fabinho have not moved on or sold is indicting.

* the Baseball owners. Boston Red Sox are dog**** atm. They don’t care about Liverpool as their number 1 priority.
Have to also remember, that the owners want to expand into the NBA and NFL as well. They want at least one team in every major sport league. Cannot see how they can support all of them evenly from a financial standpoint.

Fair point on the stresses of the job. Wouldn't blame him if he just said F it, and walked away. Fans are blaming Klopp for the midfield woes. But how do they know he is not pleading behind the scenes for funds and not getting the support? Not his fault there if that is the case. I'd be asking where all our CL money, EPL money, ticket sales money is going. Clearly the club is only seeing a portion of it all.

Our net spend is 28 million a year under Klopp. That means the owners are only giving us 28 million a year, and the rest has been made from selling players. Pep gets over 100 million a year.

we can't spend oil figures and we already know this. the owners have spent big on the academy and the facilities and such because we need to maximise the profits of everything we do like a normal football club, there's never been any point enviously looking at city, who for all their spending will never buy a european trophy anyway.

this season was never going to be good for us with the way we finished the 2 cup finals and the season last, remember how unenergetic and toothless we were? we were as spent as you could possibly imagine. for me this season is just about development and putting things in place for the new team built around Bellingham, Trent etc. the part that is really hard to stomach though is VVD might never be the same again.

we can't spend oil figures and we already know this. the owners have spent big on the academy and the facilities and such because we need to maximise the profits of everything we do like a normal football club, there's never been any point enviously looking at city, who for all their spending will never buy a european trophy anyway.

this season was never going to be good for us with the way we finished the 2 cup finals and the season last, remember how unenergetic and toothless we were? we were as spent as you could possibly imagine. for me this season is just about development and putting things in place for the new team built around Bellingham, Trent etc. the part that is really hard to stomach though is VVD might never be the same again.

We don't need to spend oil figures but right now a key midfield signing is an absolute must. That was clear at the start of the season but all we got was Arthur on loan (and what a disaster that is). Even if it means overpaying. Look at how much Boehly has spent since buying Chelsea.

Have to also remember, that the owners want to expand into the NBA and NFL as well. They want at least one team in every major sport league. Cannot see how they can support all of them evenly from a financial standpoint.

Fair point on the stresses of the job. Wouldn't blame him if he just said F it, and walked away. Fans are blaming Klopp for the midfield woes. But how do they know he is not pleading behind the scenes for funds and not getting the support? Not his fault there if that is the case. I'd be asking where all our CL money, EPL money, ticket sales money is going. Clearly the club is only seeing a portion of it all.

Our net spend is 28 million a year under Klopp. That means the owners are only giving us 28 million a year, and the rest has been made from selling players. Pep gets over 100 million a year.

That is exactly why I feel they will hang on to us. Liverpool pays for itself mostly. The only investment they have put in to us is the stadium redevelopment and the new training grounds which were projects that were badly needed anyway.

FSG have funded these projects as interest free loans and aren't converting the debt to equity. So they are not a result of generosity and they make their money back in club valuation many times over.

I'll have to dig it up but I read somewhere that transfer spending at the club since they have taken over is something like 2% of revenue. FSG's management is superb, it has to be to have us competing for trophies on limited spending. Their primary motivation for that astute management is the appreciation of their asset that they picked up for a bargain in 2010.

Unfortunately we have now arrived at the point where their asset is not going to appreciate any more and now they want to cash in on their asset. What this means is in the meantime they are not going to spend if they can avoid it. And they are on a mission to recoup their covid losses.

* the Baseball owners. Boston Red Sox are dog**** atm. They don’t care about Liverpool as their number 1 priority.

Out of that lot I believe Fabinho will stay on. He just needs a new midfield partner who can get around the pitch more and he will be back to his top class best.

We can't keep going with 2 older guys at CB though. I believe we should sell Matip in the summer and a top class young CB prospect is needed to replace him. Van Dijk is fine to keep going.

The forward line has mostly been rebuilt now so Firmino will be off in the summer or even now if a club puts in a realistic bid.

Out of that lot I believe Fabinho will stay on. He just needs a new midfield partner who can get around the pitch more and he will be back to his top class best.

We can't keep going with 2 older guys at CB though. I believe we should sell Matip in the summer and a top class young CB prospect is needed to replace him. Van Dijk is fine to keep going.

The forward line has mostly been rebuilt now so Firmino will be off in the summer or even now if a club puts in a realistic bid.
Someone like De Ligt. Him and Konate will be a great pairing.
FSG trying to play moneyball and use the academy for midfield prospects is so far fetched.
Bellingham, Enzo Fernandes. Anyone.

For CBs, Kim from Napoli has a 40mil release clause. If you want younger, Bella-Kotchap from Soton could be an option, was bought for 8mil 6 months ago.

For a DM, Fiorentina could sell Amrabat in the summer for at least 35mil.

I’d imagine Bellingham is our top target, but like Tchouameni, Real will be more attractive to him.

For CBs, Kim from Napoli has a 40mil release clause. If you want younger, Bella-Kotchap from Soton could be an option, was bought for 8mil 6 months ago.

For a DM, Fiorentina could sell Amrabat in the summer for at least 35mil.

I’d imagine Bellingham is our top target, but like Tchouameni, Real will be more attractive to him.

I do like Kim. Midfielders we need to buy one prospect and one top class player. Bellingham wants to come to us but doubtful whether FSG will do the deal.

I honestly don't think we have to get 6 new players as such, I belive if we can get 2 or 3 key players, eg 2 midfielders and a CB, we could be back up there next season.. this year can't be helped with the injuries, we get them back ill be confident we can challenge next year with out a doubt..

I honestly don't think we have to get 6 new players as such, I belive if we can get 2 or 3 key players, eg 2 midfielders and a CB, we could be back up there next season.. this year can't be helped with the injuries, we get them back ill be confident we can challenge next year with out a doubt..
Also another backup keeper since Kelleher might be loaned/sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back