The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodbye and I hope it it’s worth it Jordan but I doubt it.

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF

The report states that Liverpool have now cut £915,000 from their weekly wage bill, the equivalent of £47.58 million per year.

The report states, “Henderson (£200,000 a week), Fabinho (£180,000 a week) and Firmino (£180,000 a week) were among the club’s highest earners, while Keita (£120,000 a week) and Oxlade-Chamberlain (£120,000 a week) also received hefty salaries.

“Milner was believed to be earning £60,000 a week after signing a one-year deal last summer, while reports in Italy claimed Liverpool were contributing £55,000 a week towards Arthur‘s wage at Juventus”.

The guy had to work 3 times as hard to get half the recognition others get, being doubted by almost everyone at some stage (I was one of them), was a controversial choice as captain when he was appointed, but he kept working harder and harder until he proved everyone wrong and won the lot as captain.

Nothing but huge respect for the man, a sour way to leave the football club but he will always be welcomed back

Liverpool squad for Singapore:

GK: Alisson, Kelleher, Adrian, Mrozek
RB: Alexander-Arnold, Gomez
CB: Van Dijk, Konate, Matip, Quansah
LB: Robertson, Tsimikas, Scanlon
CM: Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Jones, Elliott, Clark, McConnell, Frauendorf
RW: Salah, Doak
ST: Gakpo, Nunez, Koumas
LW: Diaz, Jota

Thiago and Bajcetic still recovering.

No Bradley, Phillips, Pitaluga and Jaros.

I find it funny that we have decided to refresh the midfield and it looks even more bare than it did last season :D

We've gone from...

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Ox, Jones, Elliott, Bajcetic

To...

Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Thiago, Jones, Elliot, Bajcetic.

Yikes.

Haha

We better have minimum two more coming in!

The only Liverpool captain to lift six different trophies.

I don't know how to feel about it.

I always envisaged him leaving in 2025, having a testimonial and then playing his last few years at Sunderland.

The other side of the coun is that the club has recouped most of the fee paid after 12 years of service. Which is exactly what FSG want.

I find it funny that we have decided to refresh the midfield and it looks even more bare than it did last season :D

We've gone from...

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Ox, Jones, Elliott, Bajcetic

To...

Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Thiago, Jones, Elliot, Bajcetic.

Yikes.

Haha

We better have minimum two more coming in!

Tyler Morton's back to training full time soon after his fractured foot late in the season.

Bajcetic & Thiago have not yet resumed full training either. Klopp said Bajcetic was going to be a long rehab and that he won't be fully ready to until September. Thiago won't be ready for Chelsea away.

Either Fabinho stays or we have a couple of midfield signings already locked in. Needs to happen sooner rather than later though! No reason we can't end up with

Mac/Soz/Palinha/Lavia/Thiago/Jones/Elliot/Bajcetic/Morton. All of those players baar Thiago/Palinha would be 24 or younger. Quite a transformation from the oldest midfield around to one of the youngest which is a worry in itself.

As stated above we have an issue with Morton/Bajcetic/Thiago out of that group not being ready for the start of the season. Lavia's 19. Whoever the other midfield signing is must surely be a #6 with experience ready to go straight into the team (I listed Palinha as an example but that's just one option).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chelsea look to be bidding a higher transfer fee for Lavia than us after Brighton keep asking more for Caicedo.

Feels like we are just being in denial about paying the 50mil for Lavia until we eventually cave
I think it's more that we got blindsided by Hendo and Fab leaving. I dont think Klopp thought either would not be here for the coming season. So we've had to go back to the drawing board with signings which takes a bit of time.

Feels like we are just being in denial about paying the 50mil for Lavia until we eventually cave

Reading some reports 40 + 5 is agreed. Either way something needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Kelleher (30m) and Big Nat (12m) should go straight towards Lavia + a class #6.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back