The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mac is really a different mid than we've ever really had under Klopp. He is always looking to play in a forward. You never got that with guys like Fab, Hendo, Gini, Keita, Milner etc. Only one that gets close is Thiago but he's more a passmaster from deep.

Can already see Mac has a bit of a read on Jota's runs.

Think we've been waiting to see how the Fabinho dealnia structured so we know how much money is coming in.

Confident Lavia is done this week and Klopp also wanting a defender according to Paul Joyce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im just glad both are official and done now so we can get to working on replacement. Weird summer as I dont think anyone thought Hendo and Fab would be off this summer.

Midfield is gonna be really weird and we might struggle early doors in the league as we try to sort it out. Too much change in there now.

These departures won’t truly hit me until the season proper. All legends. All will be missed. 🥹

I agree. Milly, Hendo, Fab. All absolute legends and pillars of a successful team. I always expected Milner to go, he was 37 after all.

But Hendo/Fab at the same time is a bit of a shock. I do worry about continuity and leadership in midfield. Thiago's our only elder statesmen now and while a world class footballer his injury record is poor and won't be on the park enough to be a true leader.

My expectation is pretty quickly we sign Lavia (that seems almost done) and another first team ready top class #6 around 27-28 who can give us 5-6 years of top notch service.

I am worried if our mid ends up being Thiago and a bunch of youngsters (next oldest would be Mac at 24!).

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back