The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo was 8 million though. A flyer...

This would have been very expensive for a guy who's no better than any of the blokes we can play on the left currently in Diaz, Nunez or Gakpo.
He'd start over those blokes easssy especially Diaz and Gakpo. Watch his Newcastle goals he's the perfect scouse Sadio replacement. I had doubts when he went for a big fee to Newcastle but he's been class for them, end product is there where it's lacking in our boys. I've seen him in my cafe a few times this year too so he's obviously still big on the city.

Also seeing him bang in goals for us would rile the blues to ****.

Robbo was 8 million though. A flyer...

This would have been very expensive for a guy who's no better than any of the blokes we can play on the left currently in Diaz, Nunez or Gakpo.
He's at least at their level. Don't be bias because he's a bit of a knob.

My opinion on the Gordon thing...Gakpo is my starting LW.

If Gordon comes for 40mil + Van Den Berg, and then we sell Diaz for 50mil to PSG. Great. If it doesn't happen, then I'm happy to keep Diaz.

Either way, I just want us to get a DM and CB first.

My opinion on the Gordon thing...Gakpo is my starting LW.

If Gordon comes for 40mil + Van Den Berg, and then we sell Diaz for 50mil to PSG. Great. If it doesn't happen, then I'm happy to keep Diaz.

Either way, I just want us to get a DM and CB first.
We aren’t buying a DM. We already have one is the mail that I heard.
IMG_2197.png

I'd prefer to have Macca at LCM, buy a starting DM, Endo as backup, and Bajcetic (19 years old) as the development prospect.
I disagree, a development prospect isnt really a thing IMO. If you're good enough, you're old enough. Special talents work that way. TAA wasnt really a development prospect. He didnt burst on to the scene then we spent 50 million on a RB and used TAA as a backup development prospect.

Spending big money on a DM then using Endo as a backup and basically burying Bajcetic is a horrible idea.

Just play Bajcetic. Did you guys not see when he burst onto the scene how incredible he was. Just play the kid, save 50 million and use Endo as the backup stop gap for when Baj hits a wall or has a dodgy bit of form or whatever.

Then use the money we saved on the DM to upgrade at CB.

It really depends on the formation. To paraphrase the latest RedMen pod, everyone expects Slott to play a 4-2-3-1 since that what he did at Feyenoord but that is like sticking square pegs into round holes. We don't have the players to necessarily fit the system. Slott would be better off continuing the 4-3-3 and slowly changing while building his own side to suit the system over the next couple of years.

I disagree, a development prospect isnt really a thing IMO. If you're good enough, you're old enough. Special talents work that way. TAA wasnt really a development prospect. He didnt burst on to the scene then we spent 50 million on a RB and used TAA as a backup development prospect.

Spending big money on a DM then using Endo as a backup and basically burying Bajcetic is a horrible idea.

Just play Bajcetic. Did you guys not see when he burst onto the scene how incredible he was. Just play the kid, save 50 million and use Endo as the backup stop gap for when Baj hits a wall or has a dodgy bit of form or whatever.

Injuries happen and form can change. Endo and Bajcetic is too light in that area. I'm expecting McConnell to get loaned out as well.

Injuries happen and form can change. Endo and Bajcetic is too light in that area. I'm expecting McConnell to get loaned out as well.
We just played an entire season with basically just Endo.

Sure we probably ran out of legs a bit but had Bajcetic being fit and Thiago too I think we would have been fine.

I just think if we spend 50 million on a new No.6 I just dont know where that leaves Baj.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jodly you keep saying this. Nobody is saying Bajcetic won't get games, he will. Don't forget Endo is 31 now. We have CL, cup games. Baj will play plenty even with a new signing. He just wont be our starting #6. That's fine, the kid is 19 years old. The last thing we want is Macca having to play at #6 because Baj breaks down again and Endo is out of form / also out injured.

You quote TAA but the reality is he didn't spend 18 months out barely able to get on the training field. Baj is a player for the future that needs managing properly. A new top class #6 actually will benefit him hugely, the pressure won't be on him to perform after such a long time out of the game. Endo has at best 2 seasons left with us also.

Jodly you keep saying this. Nobody is saying Bajcetic won't get games, he will. Don't forget Endo is 31 now. We have CL, cup games. Baj will play plenty even with a new signing. He just wont be our starting #6. That's fine, the kid is 19 years old. The last thing we want is Macca having to play at #6 because Baj breaks down again and Endo is out of form / also out injured.

You quote TAA but the reality is he didn't spend 18 months out barely able to get on the training field. Baj is a player for the future that needs managing properly. A new top class #6 actually will benefit him hugely, the pressure won't be on him to perform after such a long time out of the game. Endo has at best 2 seasons left with us also.
Nah I still dont see it. If you buy a 50 million dollar No.6. He's obviously going to start most CL and League games. Endo will spell him for quick turnaround games and busy periods and then probably play in the FA Cup. That would leave 2-3 League Cup games for Bajcetic. Yeah perhaps he gets a couple of games here and there with injuries and form. But what? 10 games? Next minute he's 20 and wants playing time, and he's off to Barcelona.

Who cares about the 18 months out, he's back now and has been back for a while. He's ready and raring to go. Play the kid or we just risk losing him. And despite the rise of Bradley, Danns, McConnell, Doak, Quansah, Clark... it's absolutely Bajcetic who is the jewel in the crown.

Nah I still dont see it. If you buy a 50 million dollar No.6. He's obviously going to start most CL and League games. Endo will spell him for quick turnaround games and busy periods and then probably play in the FA Cup. That would leave 2-3 League Cup games for Bajcetic. Yeah perhaps he gets a couple of games here and there with injuries and form. But what? 10 games? Next minute he's 20 and wants playing time, and he's off to Barcelona.

Who cares about the 18 months out, he's back now and has been back for a while. He's ready and raring to go. Play the kid or we just risk losing him. And despite the rise of Bradley, Danns, McConnell, Doak, Quansah, Clark... it's absolutely Bajcetic who is the jewel in the crown.

There is not a title challenging club anywhere that would rely on a 19 year old that is coming off 18 months out of the game. You're expecting too much.

I'd also expect he would be ahead of Endo in the pecking order if he can sort out his fitness issues.

There is not a title challenging club anywhere that would rely on a 19 year old that is coming off 18 months out of the game. You're expecting too much.

I'd also expect he would be ahead of Endo in the pecking order if he can sort out his fitness issues.
We wont be challenging for the title IMO. Not without Klopp.

I'd be fine if we bought a big money No.6 but Bajcetic was the back up, but that's a bit unfair on Endo who didnt really put a foot wrong last season.

We wont be challenging for the title IMO. Not without Klopp.

I'd be fine if we bought a big money No.6 but Bajcetic was the back up, but that's a bit unfair on Endo who didnt really put a foot wrong last season.

Endo only ever was a stopgap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back