The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at both the Melbourne and Sydney ones. The first was a great experience and atmosphere. The Sydney game saw a few more goals, but neither the players or Klopp wanted to be there. They were meant to be on a break, not playing meaningless money grab games so soon after the season ended. Hopefully they come back again in the future, but only for proper preseason games.

Interesting comments from Neville on the Stick to Football pod. Talking about Gakpo playing on the left for Holland he said that Van Nistelroy told him when Gakpo struggled early days at Liverpool that he is a left winger and that is it. He struggled because Klopp was trying to play him everywhere but on the left. It makes sense when you look at his performance during the Euros.

Interesting comments from Neville on the Stick to Football pod. Talking about Gakpo playing on the left for Holland he said that Van Nistelroy told him when Gakpo struggled early days at Liverpool that he is a left winger and that is it. He struggled because Klopp was trying to play him everywhere but on the left. It makes sense when you look at his performance during the Euros.
I think Gakpo suffered from Diaz already being the left winger in the team, Jota's injuries and Nunez' erratic form meaning we needed a central striker and that Klopp was searching for a Firmino replacement that Gakpo was certainly the closest to that mould in the squad.

Didnt super work out for Gakpo though but if Diaz remains at the club then I think it will just be a straight fight for that LW spot between Gakpo and Diaz. If Jota stays fit, gotta play him through the middle with Mo on the right Nunez the impact sub on the bench.

The cynical side of me just thinks it's FSG spending the money buying other sport property for their "portfolio" instead
Nah, they’re just tight-arses. That is all. A very good manager and some luck with players being better than we thought scored us our trophies over the last five years. Edwards is good but he got lucky as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching all the training videos and behind the scenes stuff a few things have stood out to me.

Curtis seems to have taken a bigger role, be it doing press or media and he seems happy. Feel like he wants to push on and really establish himself this season.

Quansah has filled out even more. Looks a beast.

Ben Doak looks to not be ****ing around. Could be a big season for him.

62 mins gone: Doak, Blair, Gordon, Beck, Chambers, Phillips, Stephenson, Bajcetic on for Kostas, Van Den Berg, Quansah, Elliott, Salah, Dom, Bradley and Carvalho.

72 mins gone, Koumas on for Nyoni

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back