The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ali interview with Gorsty:

Sounds like he wants to put in another 2 seasons minimum before calling it a day

Well from that interview, if he leaves it will be the clubs doing. He even said he would extend hopefully after the current three years of his deal.

Hopefully we dont do anything stupid and we keep him for as long as possible because for me he's the best GK in the world, and by some distance too.

I'm so interested in tonight lineup.

Three things I'm really looking for is firstly if Konate starts ahead of Quansah. I feel if Quansah is on the bench it's gonna be a big blow to his confidence. Starts the first game, gets dragged at HT then is buried on the bench. Might be a sign of things to come this season but surely not as Quansah is such a big talent.

I've noticed with Slot so far is that he is ruthless, not only did he drag Quansah at HT, when asked about it, instead of just saying, it was a tactical switch, he actually goes into detail about how Quansah lost two important duels, one in particular just before half time. Like just airing to everyone exactly why he got dragged. Brutal.

The other thing I'm interested in outside of the Konate/Quansah decision is if the other 10 will be exactly the same. Will we see rotation or the same guys? Obviously it's early in the season for rotation or I know that Slot is so heavily into his tactics, does he change his team given the strengths and weaknesses of other teams and what players in our squad can best expose them.

And three, will Gomez be back in the squad and will their be room for Bajcetic or Nyoni, we have no injuries so I'm assuming no.

Three things I'm really looking for is firstly if Konate starts ahead of Quansah. I feel if Quansah is on the bench it's gonna be a big blow to his confidence.
Quansah got injured in training, he was never going to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor half really. Besides the goal and 10-15 minutes post the goal we have struggled. The forwards aren't clicking and there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the mids and forwards. We aren't seeing the interplay we are used to seeing. Hopefully Brentford can't keep up the pressure all game and we get a bit more time on the ball.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed how narrow Robbo has been. Slot said in an interview with Carra for Sky that he wants his full backs to be narrower than most are used to.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back