The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the price on Chiesa is 15m. They're giving him away.

I understand the logic on how people in Liverpool will feel if Trent leaves to go anywhere else. I just don't agree with it.

It's not that. It's that he's a scouser. I'm obviously Australian, but over there, he is one of them. He grew up a mad Liverpool fan. He's living the dream for all of us. We all grew up mad Liverpool fans and now he's playing for them and winning trophies, he's doing it for all of us.

For him to then turn around and be like, well I'm off to Real Madrid, the team that beat us twice in CL finals. Bye.

Nah bro.

TAA is cursed as much as Steven Gerrard was yet Trent should consider himself lucky as he has won everything and there is still a big chance to continue to stuff the trophy cabinet whereas Gerrard had to play with Igor Biscan and Diouf.

If he leaves, they will hate him in Liverpool and I dare say they will never forgive him. So much like Michael Owen, you throw your legacy away and end up not being loved by anyone.

He'd want to think about it before he leaves haha.

I'm confident Trent will sign a new deal in the next few months. Reckon there's a bit of wheeling & dealing by his agent which is fair enough as he is coming into his peak years and should be remunerated accordingly.

IF I were in charge I'd hand Trent a new contract until 2030 with an option for a further season. Total wage package of 275k / week, 200k base pay plus add ons of up to 75k per week.

See, Liverpool don't need Edwards, they can just hire me to negotiate deals :D :D

As of now it doesn't look like Slot rates Darwin all that much, and Danns isn't ready. Jota's a walking injury waiting to happen
If Slot doesn't rate Darwin I reckon selling him and bringing in Chiesa would be a shrewd move if Edwards & co rate him.

Chiesa only has 12 months on his contract left, isn't signing a new deal & Juve definitely don't want to lose him for free. I reckon we can nab him for around 25-30m with a bit of wheeling & dealing by Edwards & co. Someone like PSG would probably jump at signing Darwin, he could have a field day in Ligue 1 and they've just lost Mbappe. Would expect to get 50-60m for Darwin minimum.

Chiesa isn't a CF but is able to play the false 9 role quite well and would make a great backup / alternative to Jota. Competition / cover for Diaz/Mo also. Danns would be the 3rd option at CF.

I can see the logic behind Chiesa but only if we were to sell either Darwin or Diaz.
This is Chiesa's positions during his career (the bigger the circle, the more apps). So looks like he can play across the front 3.
1724722211565.png
The German champions? Would he even get minutes there. Interesting one for sure.
They have Xhaka and Aleix Garcia. Also Andrich who was chipping in at CB the other week. (Which is why they wanted Sepp)

So maybe first or second defensive mid option off the bench if everyone is fit?

I'm confident Trent will sign a new deal in the next few months. Reckon there's a bit of wheeling & dealing by his agent which is fair enough as he is coming into his peak years and should be remunerated accordingly.

IF I were in charge I'd hand Trent a new contract until 2030 with an option for a further season. Total wage package of 275k / week, 200k base pay plus add ons of up to 75k per week.

See, Liverpool don't need Edwards, they can just hire me to negotiate deals :D :D
He will probably want closer to what Mo is on.

250/275 is lowballing him.

This is Chiesa's positions during his career (the bigger the circle, the more apps). So looks like he can play across the front 3.
View attachment 2093362

They have Xhaka and Aleix Garcia. Also Andrich who was chipping in at CB the other week. (Which is why they wanted Sepp)

So maybe first or second defensive mid option off the bench if everyone is fit?
Surely we'd rather him go somewhere he's going to play every week. Weird one.

15m? Sounds too good to be true.
Their replacement Nico Gonzalez from Fiorentina was 32mil, and Chiesa (and a handful of other Juve players including Arthur) have been told they are not in Motta's plans.

If it's up to me, would've extended Trent Virgil and Mo 2 years ago (I can't believe FSG keeps running contracts down, it's been a thing since they're owners).

I know they probably don't want to keep high wages players around because they live in this business logic fantasy world where they'd let go of anyone whose wages get too big and constantly replace them with young players with similar output on lower wages, but that isn't how football works, it ain't football manager

If it's up to me, would've extended Trent Virgil and Mo 2 years ago (I can't believe FSG keeps running contracts down, it's been a thing since they're owners).

I know they probably don't want to keep high wages players around because they live in this business logic fantasy world where they'd let go of anyone whose wages get too big and constantly replace them with young players with similar output on lower wages, but that isn't how football works, it ain't football manager

Trent has to be more of a priority. He is 25, a local lad, top class and coming into his best years. If he leaves the club it should be in his early 30s when he has done absolutely everything he can for the club and his best years are behind him. I imagine the main sticking point is money. Edwards & his team are tough negotiators but surely a deal can be done here.

I'd like to see Mo & VVD give us another 2 years service but if they both leave in summer it will be with a huge thanks and blessing of all LFC supporters as they've also done it all for the club and given their best years to the club. VVD will be replaceable in the transfer market. Mo, obviously not, there's no real like for like replacement out there. So I'd be more open to keeping Mo until 2027 or at the very least 2026 where we could then take 100m for him off a Saudi club with a year to go on his contract. Post Mo I see us playing different players at RW, less of a focus on feeding the ball out there all the time.

Trent has to be more of a priority. He is 25, a local lad, top class and coming into his best years. If he leaves the club it should be in his early 30s when he has done absolutely everything he can for the club and his best years are behind him. I imagine the main sticking point is money. Edwards & his team are tough negotiators but surely a deal can be done here.

I'd like to see Mo & VVD give us another 2 years service but if they both leave in summer it will be with a huge thanks and blessing of all LFC supporters as they've also done it all for the club and given their best years to the club. VVD will be replaceable in the transfer market. Mo, obviously not, there's no real like for like replacement out there. So I'd be more open to keeping Mo until 2027 or at the very least 2026 where we could then take 100m for him off a Saudi club with a year to go on his contract. Post Mo I see us playing different players at RW, less of a focus on feeding the ball out there all the time.

If Chiesa is the best we can come up with this window then I am not confident we can replace Virgil or Mo at all, which is the problem

They are still playing at a top level, we probably can't replace them going by FSG's business patterns, so we may as well keep them.

Whether Trent re-signs is purely up to him, if he wants to leave then there's nothing we can do, but I think Virgil and Mo would love to stay as long as they can so it'd be silly if we don't let them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the price on Chiesa is 15m. They're giving him away.

I understand the logic on how people in Liverpool will feel if Trent leaves to go anywhere else. I just don't agree with it.
If TAA goes that is fine - Connor Bradley steps up.

But, if TAA goes on a free then he can GAGF

He is a £100m player. And Liverpool need that £100m.

What does everyone think of Grav in the 6? He was very good against Brentford I thought.

What does everyone think of Grav in the 6? He was very good against Brentford I thought.

I'm not convinced. We have played a promoted team that will be fighting relegation and a lower-mid table team. There were times in both games he was played through too easily that makes me worry about him there when we play the better teams.

I'm not convinced. We have played a promoted team that will be fighting relegation and a lower-mid table team. There were times in both games he was played through too easily that makes me worry about him there when we play the better teams.
Yeah I agree, I think he is great when we have the ball in that position, not sure on him when we dont have the ball which is more important as a 6.

I dont think it will work against a City, Arsenal, Madrid etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back