Coach The BigFooty Melbourne Board vs Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched Brad Scott's presser last night, I was pretty drunk so maybe remembering it wrong but im sure he said something like (paraphrasing) "very disappointing, we got beaten by what we all knew" ... think he was saying Goody did absolutely nothing that he didnt expect, just played bad. Demonland though : "GOODY IS A GENUIS"

Last edited:
I watched Brad Scott's presser last night, I was pretty drunk so maybe remembering it wrong but im sure he said something like (paraphrasing) "very disappointing, we got beaten by what we all knew" ... think he was saying Goody did absolutely nothing that he didnt expect, just played bad. Demondland though : "GOODY IS A GENUIS"
This sounds strange I normally remember everything perfectly and act nicely when I'm drunk 🥳

I watched Brad Scott's presser last night, I was pretty drunk so maybe remembering it wrong but im sure he said something like (paraphrasing) "very disappointing, we got beaten by what we all knew" ... think he was saying Goody did absolutely nothing that he didnt expect, just played bad. Demondland though : "GOODY IS A GENUIS"
Cmon mate. We've clearly gone back to the contest/defence brand. But even I will give Goofy a bit of credit. Stuck to his guns in regards to the ruck. Changed out Petty for JVR which ended up being a move that got us on top. I feel we didn't lose that position, in fact smashed them at clearances. Put a hard tag on Merrett. Has resisted the temptation of playing Billings, Brown, Schache, Tomlinson etc and is trusting AMW, Tholstrup and Windsor. Felt like we finally played wet weather footy the right way. How many times have we moaned and sooked about other teams getting easy goals out the back when it's wet? I feel like we played forward of centre really well last night and constructed some easy goals. I love Goofy bashing, but I'm giving him some credit last night. Watch him burn it all down next week though.

Cmon mate. We've clearly gone back to the contest/defence brand.
That was the entire point. Scott said we didnt do anything new or anything his players weren't prepared for by him. It was the same stuff that has got us not winning any finals for the past two years. Woohoo?

That was the entire point. Scott said we didnt do anything new or anything his players weren't prepared for by him. It was the same stuff that has got us not winning any finals for the past two years. Woohoo?
Nothing ****ing changed, bunch of winning clearance and smashing it long except for some reason Essendon didn't play any defenders inside D50. If that's a coaching masterstroke then any one of us is AFL coaching level.

Cmon mate. We've clearly gone back to the contest/defence brand. But even I will give Goofy a bit of credit. Stuck to his guns in regards to the ruck. Changed out Petty for JVR which ended up being a move that got us on top. I feel we didn't lose that position, in fact smashed them at clearances. Put a hard tag on Merrett. Has resisted the temptation of playing Billings, Brown, Schache, Tomlinson etc and is trusting AMW, Tholstrup and Windsor. Felt like we finally played wet weather footy the right way. How many times have we moaned and sooked about other teams getting easy goals out the back when it's wet? I feel like we played forward of centre really well last night and constructed some easy goals. I love Goofy bashing, but I'm giving him some credit last night. Watch him burn it all down next week though.
The bar is pretty low if we're giving him credit for noticing how badly Petty was being destroyed and making a change when everyone but Goody knew from the outset this would happen.

Scott brothers are sooks mate. Cmon. It's ok to enjoy a win and give some credit to people we have been battling against. We all still want Goofy gone, doesn't change anything but it was a bloody good win last night. Enjoy it. Watching the replay now enjoying every moment! F* Essendon! Cheating scum

The bar is pretty low if we're giving him credit for noticing how badly Petty was being destroyed and making a change when everyone but Goody knew from the outset this would happen.
Lol senior AFL coach moves shit player

The Rock Applause GIF

Mate, it's Goofy we're talking about. When does he ever make moves? So what? You'd prefer he just left Petty in there to get slaughtered? Then that would warrant melts! But to melt over him actually making a change that worked seems odd. Our F50 actually functioned in the wet for once. We had space which we've all cried out for. We shut down their best player with a tag, which again is something we've all wanted him to do. So he does these things, and we still b* and moan? I mean, cmon. If you can't enjoy that win, then you're just a miserable campaigner. Especially against the Bombers! Absolute filth of a fanbase! Loved giving it to them last night. Can't stand Goofy, but he did a good job last night. But hey, I'm clearly in the minority here but it's my opinion.

Scott brothers are sooks mate. Cmon. It's ok to enjoy a win and give some credit to people we have been battling against. We all still want Goofy gone, doesn't change anything but it was a bloody good win last night. Enjoy it. Watching the replay now enjoying every moment! F* Essendon! Cheating scum
I hate Essendon, and I tipped us to win (with a couple of others) and did enjoy beating them, doesnt mean im going to give the coach credit, just like I talked about after the win vs Geelong earlier in the year when everyone wanted to give Goody handjobs, stop being results orientated week to week. Playing a style that has resulted in two straight sets exits isnt cause for celebration and saying well done Goody.

I hate Essendon, and I tipped us to win (with a couple of others) and did enjoy beating them, doesnt mean im going to give the coach credit, just like I talked about after the win vs Geelong earlier in the year when everyone wanted to give Goody handjobs, stop being results orientated week to week.
Huh? I praised the side when we lost against the Lions. Was about the only bloke who did. Wasn't happy about the fade out, but thoroughly enjoyed the game. Why you guys even following this club if you can't enjoy the wins? It's truly bizarre. I mean Demonland gets rightly bagged for being far too rainbows and lollipops, but this place is as miserable as a morgue when we win. It's mindboggling. I mean Twitter is more of a happy place than in here after we win.

Huh? I praised the side when we lost against the Lions. Was about the only bloke who did. Wasn't happy about the fade out, but thoroughly enjoyed the game. Why you guys even following this club if you can't enjoy the wins? It's truly bizarre. I mean Demonland gets rightly bagged for being far too rainbows and lollipops, but this place is as miserable as a morgue when we win. It's mindboggling. I mean Twitter is more of a happy place than in here after we win.
Christ, what are you talking about? Why cant you seperate the two? Just coz I refuse to wash Goody's balls like you do doesnt mean I didnt enjoy beating Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ, what are you talking about? Why cant you seperate the two? Just coz I refuse to wash Goody's balls like you do doesnt mean I didnt enjoy beating Essendon.
When have i washed his balls mate? I literally call him Goofy. But to not give him any credit for last night is just miserable campaigner territory.

Mate, it's Goofy we're talking about. When does he ever make moves? So what? You'd prefer he just left Petty in there to get slaughtered? Then that would warrant melts! But to melt over him actually making a change that worked seems odd. Our F50 actually functioned in the wet for once. We had space which we've all cried out for. We shut down their best player with a tag, which again is something we've all wanted him to do. So he does these things, and we still b* and moan? I mean, cmon. If you can't enjoy that win, then you're just a miserable campaigner. Especially against the Bombers! Absolute filth of a fanbase! Loved giving it to them last night. Can't stand Goofy, but he did a good job last night. But hey, I'm clearly in the minority here but it's my opinion.
I'm not melting over it, the change was forced. Thinking Petty was going to work against Draper in the first place is pretty laughable though.

I enjoyed the win for what it was, we adapted to the conditions better which is a rarity and I'm having fun seeing our young blokes stepping up. ANB tagging has been a positive move for sure.

Nothing about it made me think that Goody is making meaningful changes to the way we play or moulding us into a team that will do any damage if we somehow make finals though. Again I think the bar is pretty low if we praising him for bare minimum type stuff.

Old mate fails to see that us winning games in this fashion after seeing it doesn't work for back to finals series, just means the coach is gonna go back to that well next year. It's not some week to week ride, it's the next few years guaranteed to fail if we keep this up. Can't enjoy the little wins that much if it's ultimately worthless.

We’re seeing kids coming through, there progress being fast tracked before our eyes. I’m enjoying it. There progress is fast tracked because they’re buying into the programme. Goodys programme

I'm not melting over it, the change was forced. Thinking Petty was going to work against Draper in the first place is pretty laughable though.

I enjoyed the win for what it was, we adapted to the conditions better which is a rarity and I'm having fun seeing our young blokes stepping up. ANB tagging has been a positive move for sure.

Nothing about it made me think that Goody is making meaningful changes to the way we play or moulding us into a team that will do any damage if we somehow make finals though. Again I think the bar is pretty low if we praising him for bare minimum type stuff.
Never said he was. And again, I want Goofy gone like everybody else does. But to say he was bad last night and did nothing is just miserable campaigner stuff. Like i said, his head will be back on the block after the Freo game next week after we lose by 10 goals.

When have i washed his balls mate? I literally call him Goofy. But to not give him any credit for last night is just miserable campaigner territory.
Goody retreating to a style that has resulted in b2b straight sets finals exits, <pat on the back>. Well done Goody. Goody playing Rivers in the midfield on the back of injuries only <standing applause> ... the bar is that low hey that we need some sort of encouragement award for a premiership coach after a win vs Essendon?

Very happy with the win for our young players, **** Essendon and our coach as always.

We’re seeing kids coming through, there progress being fast tracked before our eyes. I’m enjoying it. There progress is fast tracked because they’re buying into the programme. Goodys programme
It was interesting at the pre-game dinner where all the speakers spoke of how good the culture is at the club and how the kids are all buying in. Gotta keep Oliver, Hunter, Smith away from the kids coming through. Great batch of promising young players. I wonder how much of it is Choco and not Goofy? Anyway, it's crazy how this time last year we're all wondering what potential A grade talent we might have coming through, then Riv, McVee, JVR, Windsor and Koz all suddently look AA future potential. With Tholstrup and Howes showing great signs also. Goofy was playing Howes and McVee/Windsor from Round 1, so I don't think you can say it's all bee forced upon hi. Gave a debut to Tholstrup against the Lions out of the blue as well. I think he's been more trusting in the kids this year. Great to see the progress so far.

Old mate fails to see that us winning games in this fashion after seeing it doesn't work for back to finals series, just means the coach is gonna go back to that well next year. It's not some week to week ride, it's the next few years guaranteed to fail if we keep this up. Can't enjoy the little wins that much if it's ultimately worthless.
Exactly, big picture, just prolonging the agony and the slow inevitable drop off. I do hope we beat Essendon every single year having said that.

Goody retreating to a style that has resulted in b2b straight sets finals exits, <pat on the back>. Well done Goody. Goody playing Rivers in the midfield on the back of injuries only <standing applause> ... the bar is that low hey that we need some sort of encouragement award for a premiership coach after a win vs Essendon?

Very happy with the win for our young players, **** Essendon and our coach as always.
lol. Ok mate. Again, never washed his balls, i don't like the guy, but I'll give some credit rather than melt over it.

Exactly, big picture, just prolonging the agony and the slow inevitable drop off. I do hope we beat Essendon every single year having said that.
I get the Essendon hate, but I honestly couldn't give a stuff about them anymore. I was seriously mad after 2000 and even more again after 2005 when Hird had the footy in the elimination, but they've been so irrelevant for 20 years I just find them meh now. They've literally been the 8th-12th placed team ( drug saga aside) for a generation now lol

One thing I'll say is that the goals out the back we weren't kicking two months ago. Essendon let you have that but also when we got out the back earlier in the year we basically stopped on the wing because no one was ahead of the footy. Maybe the Melk effect? Saw it last week and this week, and I'm not convinced there is any material difference at all but the more scores from the back half we kick the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach The BigFooty Melbourne Board vs Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back