Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one tighter than a fishes arseh*le
That's my old man's favourite expression <3.
He'd usually followed with: "... and that's watertight son!!!!" just to really get the point across.

That's my old man's favourite expression <3.
He'd usually followed with: "... and that's watertight son!!!!" just to really get the point across.
Haha I always say that to the young Canadian apprentices, an really go hard on that finishing line.

Very honourable of you to offer up your spot to the loser
If I could I would, but I am so respected, that it would damage the comp if I wasn't still in it. Goodnight.
Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 10.21.32 am.png

Congratulations to Headless, who moves on with 60% of the vote after a hard-fought poll. Next matchup shortly.

Round 1, Game 6: Dancing Potato vs. Demon Attack New
Round 1, Game 6

Dancing Potato.png

What Dancing Potato says:
I bad want win now. Me sick.

Midfield: Arguably the best of all teams in this draft - Cox, Crawford, Lappin, West. That's an insane amount of skill and ball winning ability. They'll beat you on the inside, then use it beautifully on the outside. Gaff and Daicos on the wings is the icing on the cake, as two actual wingers with AA selections in that position.

Defence: Scarlett at FB would be the envy of everyone. Combined with Egan at CHB, that's two certified destroyers of forwards. Barry is versatile and dominant in the air, while Hurn's kicking will drive attacks from the back half. Laird isn't a mid, but as a small defender he's a nuggety little bastard that's hard to beat 1 on 1 (hence his two AAs down there). Simpson is another excellent distributor off half back that caps off a strong and balanced defence.

Forward: Hall and Walker are two huge targets with a whopping 1348 career goals between them. Matera is the second most dangerous small (behind only Betts) and Walters is a genuine game winner that can run through the midfield too. Mercuri and Dixon are perfect HF choices with their excellent skills to deliver inside or hit the scoreboard themselves.

Interchange: This bench has ultimate flexibility. Hunter is a genuine swingman that can be a third tall at either end of the ground, or give any of the talls a rest as required. Caracella is a sublime mid/fwd hybrid, while Rawlings can win the hardball or shutdown the opposition's most dangerous mid or small forward. It's all capped off by BIG CHONKER DEW - a big game player that will be a nightmare matchup.

Oh yeah, also I swear all my players are total CHADS. I would never lie about such a thing.
Demon Attack.png

What Demon Attack says:
DEMON ATTACK FC FIRST CRACK

Huddo: "What's your first crack Kingy?"

King(consults laptop): "I wanna pump up Demon Attack FC. I just love the way they go about it, and think their DNA, their brand, their....STAR POWER is strong. Premiership strong. You can't stop these guys. This is what it takes. Have a look at this."

Montagna: "They have established a strong list."

King: "So strong. Points of difference all over the field. Let's start in defence. The 3 talls, Fletcher, Leppitsch, Rampe. That's quality. Good luck getting a mark when they are working well together. Add in Milburn..."

Huddo: "He played for Geelong."

King: "...Milburn to do what's required and the dash off half back of Kennelly, Aussie Jones... If you turn it over then BANG they will punish you. That ball is out of there."

Montagna: "With Bickley, the captain, able to play down there too when not in the midfield."

Huddo: "Named at back pocket in Adelaide's team of the quarter century. And as captain too."

Montagna: "Exactly."

King: " Double premiership winning captain. Strong leadership credentials with Rampe. But we talk about PUNISH and SPEED. How about the wings. Jones can rotate through there, Bateman is so DYNAMIC, and the class of Embley. That's a strong outside team that can attack out of clearance. With Darcy or Rocca rucking too. And who is giving it to them on the outside? It's the little champ Junior..."

King: "...Ablett Jnr, if he doesn't do it all himself and boot goals from 55, or it's prime Clarry, one of the great contested players, or it's soyboy Sloane. Also Murphy and Touk waiting to receive and run. That's FRIGHTENING. Good luck defending that."

Huddo: "And then there is who they are kicking it too."

Montagna: "This is the big one."

King: "Yeah this is real star power. DEVASTATING forward line. First Grant and Gia can push up as connectors, deliver inside 50 with the most important kick in footy. Silky smooth. And who are they kicking too? The G Train. Godra. Rocca when not helping Darcy in the ruck. With Milne and the ONE TRUE WIZ at their feet. It's just highlight central. How do you stop that? It's too strong, too powerful. They'll get ya a hundred ways. Slingshot off turnover, speed out of D50, brutalise you at contest, individual brilliance up forward."

Montagna: "The class can hit you on the chest, and if they (Clarry) have to resort to a DUMP KICK then look out. Modra or Farmer might sit on your head for mark of the year! Rocca and Gehrig are as strong as an ox in a one-on-one contest against a meat axe. Never mind Ablett kicking goals and getting 30 every week."

King: "I just don't see a weakness. It's dynamic, it's exciting, it's a team I want to see rack up big scores. We'll be playing their highlights every week. This is as good as it gets for me. Sit back and enjoy the show."

(King closes laptop.)

Poll will remain open for 24 hours.

Winner: Demon Attack (68.4%)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back