Coach The BigFooty Melbourne Board vs Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the Essendon hate, but I honestly couldn't give a stuff about them anymore. I was seriously mad after 2000 and even more again after 2005 when Hird had the footy in the elimination, but they've been so irrelevant for 20 years I just find them meh now. They've literally been the 8th-12th placed team ( drug saga aside) for a generation now lol
Easy for you to say in Canada. Its their supporters that prolong my hatred. You wont find a more delusional/arrogant fanbase.

Exactly, big picture, just prolonging the agony and the slow inevitable drop off. I do hope we beat Essendon every single year having said that.
This is the infuriating part, like watching a bloke feed all his cash into pokies and getting the odd pineapple win. We're still losing overall..

One thing I'll say is that the goals out the back we weren't kicking two months ago. Essendon let you have that but also when we got out the back earlier in the year we basically stopped on the wing because no one was ahead of the footy. Maybe the Melk effect? Saw it last week and this week, and I'm not convinced there is any material difference at all but the more scores from the back half we kick the better.
I agree, but still big * over the eagles half trying and the wet weather conditions.

Doesn't really make sense either, we apparently were trying to score more from the back half earlier in the year and we sucked and couldn't score, now we're back to contest and defence and were scoring from the back half? 1+1=3 here I think there's too many circumstances

I agree, but still big * over the eagles half trying and the wet weather conditions.

Doesn't really make sense either, we apparently were trying to score more from the back half earlier in the year and we sucked and couldn't score, now we're back to contest and defence and were scoring from the back half? 1+1=3 here I think there's too many circumstances
You can play a contested style and still move the ball properly it's just we normally press up super high and win the ball back on the wing or half forward and dump it back in over and over.

As I said I'm not convinced it's sustainable but if I see it for the rest of the year I'll be happy. Even if we don't go anywhere it's so much better to watch than the congested forward half crap we normally play.

You can play a contested style and still move the ball properly it's just we normally press up super high and win the ball back on the wing or half forward and dump it back in over and over.

As I said I'm not convinced it's sustainable but if I see it for the rest of the year I'll be happy. Even if we don't go anywhere it's so much better to watch than the congested forward half crap we normally play.
True I guess my point was there's no evidence to suggest we aren't pressing super high and getting repeat entries because WC let us score every time and same with the bombers. If a team sat back and didn't press us high I'm not sure we'd look any different.

How goods it been seeing disco flourish up forward. Goody master stroke
Ive always liked Disco, has a genuine crack even if hes not getting a tonne of the ball. Dont think hes any sort of answer as a forward other than a stop gap but I genuinely think he could be a very decent third tall defender. Give him credit for converting his set shots though, much like TMac when he shifted forward after playing back there is no overthinking it in his set shot routine, looks natural and easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming this year is over.
Goodwin has only won a final in 2 out of the 8 seasons he's been there. I'm calling it 6 failed seasons. Making top 4 in 2022/2023 doesn't count if you don't win a bloody final

6 out of 8 seasons are failures.

He has to go
Our board are weak af. Probably closer to a contract extension than a sacking

Still don't understand why he didn't play Verral last week and this week. How is the guy supposed to develop his game if he isn't exposed to the highest level? Playing Petty in the ruck was downright stupid and embarrassing. And no, I'm not expecting miracles from Verral, just someone semi competent at rucking that might learn something from the experience to make him a better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach The BigFooty Melbourne Board vs Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back