FTA-TV The Biggest Loser 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

This show should be compulsory for anyone overweight (including myself). Just shows how easy it is if you let yourself go. I recently changed jobs to give myself a better work/life balance :) 5kgs down :D

As far as this thread goes, that is the comment of the thread! :thumbsu:

I weighed in at 110kgs and dropped to 74kgs.

I had weigh ins and celebrated like the contestants, using spreadsheets etc to calc losses. Sadly for me making food isnt my forte so it was tin cans of tuna + lean cusine for months with the occasional takeaway healthy choice - no Maccas etc

Its hard work and a little sad when all you really can lose in a week is upto 1kg and they lose 5-6 kgs lol.

The key is Exercise + Nutrtition + R&R = Healthy weight.

lol maybe I should patent that formula E+N+R^2 = W :p

^^ This, they showed the blokes watch in one session tonight (the one where they all got woken up at 5.00am) and his watch showed 8.44 (it was definately on the time function cause i have the same HR watch) fair to say people that unfit are not doing 3-4 hr intense training sessions. Regardless i think they are pushed to unhealthy training limits with their blood pressure etc they shouldn't be doing much more than walking and very low impact weights, anything more is dangerous, but that would make for s**t television.

I agree with this.

What I think happens is that they are selected well before the traning begins and undertake light training as you have suggested to improve strength and flexibility.

Otherwise lol these fatties would be tearing muscles etc. if they were made to do what they do from day one.

As far as this thread goes, that is the comment of the thread! :thumbsu:

I weighed in at 110kgs and dropped to 74kgs.

I had weigh ins and celebrated like the contestants, using spreadsheets etc to calc losses. Sadly for me making food isnt my forte so it was tin cans of tuna + lean cusine for months with the occasional takeaway healthy choice - no Maccas etc

Its hard work and a little sad when all you really can lose in a week is upto 1kg and they lose 5-6 kgs lol.

The key is Exercise + Nutrtition + R&R = Healthy weight.

lol maybe I should patent that formula E+N+R^2 = W :p
Their "weekly" weigh ins aren't weekly.

Wasnt the treadmill challenge last night?

Anyone know who won? Foxtel IQ missed the last few minutes.

The two situations are hardly comparable. They are in, literally, a fat camp with all sorts of professionals working full-time to get them fit. You still have to fit your normal life in around your weight loss. One kilo a week is perfect and sustainable weight loss.

Is it irresponsible for Channel 10 to show the episodes over a time frame that suggests the contestants are losing huge amounts, 10kg - 15kg in a week? What about the contestants being unhappy with smaller losses, 2kg - 5kg? Ridiculous. A weight loss show/contest is always going to motivate some people but the message this one is sending couldn't be more wrong.

Is it irresponsible for Channel 10 to show the episodes over a time frame that suggests the contestants are losing huge amounts, 10kg - 15kg in a week? What about the contestants being unhappy with smaller losses, 2kg - 5kg? Ridiculous. A weight loss show/contest is always going to motivate some people but the message this one is sending couldn't be more wrong.

Just fluids. Wait until next weigh in and they all lose 1-4kg their will be bucket loads of tears everywhere

Whilst i agree with what your saying, and seeing the girls lose 2,3,4 or 5 kilos and being disappointed with it does send the wrong message, i dont think too many people out there watch the show and think "i can lose 15kgs in week, no dramas!!" the show has to be a mix of entertainment as well as getting the message across for everyone to lose weight and feel healthy. As ive said before with these peoples weight and current dietary intake, weight loss and change would be a slow process. A mate of mine was 130kgs @ 5ft 5inches and went to the gym, his trainer put him on a program of walking on a treadmill at no more the 7.5kmh for 2 months before he could do anything else because any more excercise could have seriously hurt him (his resting heart rate was 110 ffs!!), thats the healthy way to do it, 1 or 2 kgs a week for most with light exercise and modified diet. But that would make for a god awful, boring tv show now wouldn't it?

Also, the initial weigh-in were largely unsupervised at the contestants own homes.

Two families “lost” huge numbers in the second weigh-in. If it was me, (and I suspect 2 families did) I would load up big time on water for the first weigh-in, and as we now know its against the rules at the house and if your caught your booted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are losing weight unrealistically anyway. Everyday people dont have 24 hours a day 7 days a week to train to the limit with the help of trainers. Thats why half of them just put the weight back on straight after the show.

^ That's true. For people who are as overweight as them they have to completely change their lifestyle. I can't imagine all of them going home either and literally throwing all of their food out and replacing it with healthy food.

Anyone tried Century Eggs? I'm keen after seeing last night's ep.

Ew, are you fer real?!?! Why????

As for the show, i'd just like to announce it's lost me. As someone who's never watched previous years, tuned in from the start- the trainers going home with the families was a nice (+funny) twist. But last nights ep lost me- Hayley banging on about some voting and if this family does this, this person comes back in or this happens.. blah blah.... -click-.

What a load of rubbish, show has gone downhill the last few eps imo.

I didnt watch it, but I think they had to do something to keep open the possibility of Damien returning.

I have no interest in the show now that the red team (the only interesting one) has been decimated and there's still all 4 of the vanilla black team (apart from that fat one who goes on about eating chips) and those 2 vanilla white girls as well. So boring.

I didnt watch it, but I think they had to do something to keep open the possibility of Damien returning.

I have no interest in the show now that the red team (the only interesting one) has been decimated and there's still all 4 of the vanilla black team (apart from that fat one who goes on about eating chips) and those 2 vanilla white girls as well. So boring.

I know i shouldnt laugh at that... but i did! :D

Yeah i know but "twists" should be kept simple imo. It doesnt take Jeff Probst half an hour to explain a twist in Survivor. ;)

I'll probably keep watching, but just once in while, bits n pieces of an ep- rather than watching the whole shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Biggest Loser 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back