FTA-TV The Biggest Loser 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

This series lacks personalities. They are so incredibly dull and uninteresting. Previous ones like the Adelaide DJ, the bloke who used to call Jillian, Gilligan and the stupid lezo were great, and the bloke from Ballarat who was rooting Jillian was a lucky, lucky bastard. And whats with Tiffany with her stupid ninja warrior shit, makes me want to puke.

This series lacks personalities. They are so incredibly dull and uninteresting. Previous ones like the Adelaide DJ, the bloke who used to call Jillian, Gilligan and the stupid lezo were great, and the bloke from Ballarat who was rooting Jillian was a lucky, lucky bastard. And whats with Tiffany with her stupid ninja warrior shit, makes me want to puke.

I agree with you Bazzar.

Couldn't stand being trained by Tiffany & her screeching 'ninja warrior' crap :eek:

I loved watching previous series where there were at least 1 or 2 contestants who were likeable (Dont remember the guy from Ballarat though ???)

Would be awesome if the 3 families won tonight’s challenge, and then by “guilt” consensus voted the big fat red Damien back in. The white team would be furious. I hate them the most, especially Jarrod as he is so up him self.

This. Cant stand him. Loved seeing him lose that strength challenge- the bicep curling. Sif he was gonna ever beat that bigger guy.

Would be awesome if the 3 families won tonight’s challenge, and then by “guilt” consensus voted the big fat red Damien back in. The white team would be furious. I hate them the most, especially Jarrod as he is so up him self.

I reckon the Westrens' would vote for Damien to come back. They would only need 2 of the Moon girls to agree.

I reckon the Westrens' would vote for Damien to come back. They would only need 2 of the Moon girls to agree.

The Moon's all voted for the Duncan's to go home so they will get Damian back. The Westren's get along with the Duncan's fairly well, but a couple of them, Lara particularly, feel for Damian. Would be a close run thing because the Westren's do not want to get the Duncan's offside.

I think Joe is a bit of a whinger, a bit of a hothead who costs his family, but the reaction to him of late has been ridiculous.

Why get up him for not putting himself up for elimination? If he went up, he was gone too. The only hope they had was for Damian to get sympathy. Sure it backfired but were the others going to vote based on who needed to be there the most? No, they were voting based on personal feelings, and ended up voting for Damian to get back at Joe, regardless of whether Damian needed to be there or not. The red team are sitting ducks whatever they do. Jodie is already down to 90kgs, she is no chance of becoming the Biggest Loser and could do more at home that Damian or Joe could have.

Then they go Joe again for quitting during the second part of the super challenge, for being weak. Jeez, the guy was up against 3 fresh opponents. 34 mins holding the weight out in front of him would have fatigued him somewhat, then he is up against a better runner and his speed is jacked up early, and he has an endurance challenge to come. The fact that it is neck and neck nearing the end of that third challenge proves he did the right thing pulling out of the second one.

I have switched teams several times already during this series. Liked the Challenors, then hated them, now feel for them a bit. Like the Duncans, now can't stand them. Hated the Westrens, now think they are fairly honest and Lara is a sweetheart really. The Moons, was indifferent then, indifferent now ... they really are a meh team overall.

The Moon's all voted for the Duncan's to go home so they will get Damian back. The Westren's get along with the Duncan's fairly well, but a couple of them, Lara particularly, feel for Damian. Would be a close run thing because the Westren's do not want to get the Duncan's offside.

I think Joe is a bit of a whinger, a bit of a hothead who costs his family, but the reaction to him of late has been ridiculous.

Why get up him for not putting himself up for elimination? If he went up, he was gone too. The only hope they had was for Damian to get sympathy. Sure it backfired but were the others going to vote based on who needed to be there the most? No, they were voting based on personal feelings, and ended up voting for Damian to get back at Joe, regardless of whether Damian needed to be there or not. The red team are sitting ducks whatever they do. Jodie is already down to 90kgs, she is no chance of becoming the Biggest Loser and could do more at home that Damian or Joe could have.

Then they go Joe again for quitting during the second part of the super challenge, for being weak. Jeez, the guy was up against 3 fresh opponents. 34 mins holding the weight out in front of him would have fatigued him somewhat, then he is up against a better runner and his speed is jacked up early, and he has an endurance challenge to come. The fact that it is neck and neck nearing the end of that third challenge proves he did the right thing pulling out of the second one.

I have switched teams several times already during this series. Liked the Challenors, then hated them, now feel for them a bit. Like the Duncans, now can't stand them. Hated the Westrens, now think they are fairly honest and Lara is a sweetheart really. The Moons, was indifferent then, indifferent now ... they really are a meh team overall.

I like all the Westrens except for the mother. Like Lara, think she will turn out quite hot as well.

The Challenors freak me out a bit. Weirdos and massive bogans.

Dont like the Duncans at all.

Like the Moons, except for the big chick!

The Challenors freak me out a bit. Weirdos and massive bogans.
I agree with this. I just don't like people being singled out. They were always going to be up against it in challenges due to their lack of mobility, although it is absolutely ridiculous that they could not win that train pull challenge.

Like the Moons, except for the big chick!

Yeah, Sarah is a whinger. The others will end up looking pretty good and they seem reasonably nice. They do lack heart though, and are trailing dismally in weight loss and general competition though. Would like to see them actually threaten. The Duncan girls are far more competitive than the all of the Moon girls aside from Jodie.

I just want the hit that Jarrod guy right in the face. Gets on my nerves so much!!! And the leso off the black team, the one that always screams like a gorilla. Same as above!

But gotta love the Commando! :D

For some reason, the one thing that got to me the most, was the footage of Jarrod lawn bowling with the older guys, because he didn't have confidence in himself. That's shattering.

Like the blue team the most, dislike the black team (especially the one that eats chips), like the white and red team.

Damien will come back regardless of who wins the competition tonight IMO

Yeah, Jarrod playing lawn bowls because he doesnt have the confidence to play sports he loves was really sad.

Challenors are a bit weird. Nate's browline is insane. Someone missed the evolution boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite like Jarrod and Leigh who're the most likely to be kicked out if the red team wins so hoping the team of 3 get up.

Generally fast forward through the Challenor-centric segments, none of the team
come across as particularly likeable. Especially Joe who seems like a total prick but that could just be how they've decided to edit the show.

Also can't they find a ****ing shirt which fits Damien? Must be humilating having your hanging gut on public display constantly.

Nathaniel has to be one of the most mentally weak contestants to ever appear on the show. Constantly in tears.

Joe is my favourite. Love how he sandbagged it against "Superstar" Jarrod and tactically played it very well.

Nathaniel has to be one of the most mentally weak contestants to ever appear on the show. Constantly in tears.

Joe is my favourite. Love how he sandbagged it against "Superstar" Jarrod and tactically played it very well.

I don't know, he's got some pretty strong competition there in Craig and Leigh. Two of the most pathetic men you'll ever see. At least Nathaniel has the excuse of being pretty much a kid (18 years old, I think).

I've never watched the Biggest Loser before this season, but have started watching it over the past few weeks. I'm enjoying it.

I don't know what to make of the Challenor's (in-house) hatred. When Joe quit the 2nd challenge I thought it was a very good decision, I don't know how big the break they had between challenges was, but at the end of the day, he had 3 physically draining challenges to complete and therefore had to be smart about it. Having said that, I'm not a big fan of his personality/attitude and I think Nathaniel is a bit weak (although has the fair excuse of still being a kid really...Damien going on like he was last night would have annoyed me as well).

I like Lara the most, Leigh is OK as well. The parents are pains, but fairly harmless at the same time.

Don't have huge opinions of the Moon family, stuff like them missing training when they're in a team with 2 other families is just selfish. They know that they're not in the firing line, so it just shows a complete disregard for the rest of their team. They were also the ones who were ignoring the 'pullers' instructions to stop filling the water, I mean, them calling out to stop and then the girls continue chucking a few extras in would have been infuriating for the pullers.

I actually like Jarrod, he has a good attitude and to me is just a likable person. Seeing him hang out with older people was really sad.

Overall, some of the drama is getting annoying, but it stills beats what the other channels are showing generally.

Well, Nathaniel's thrown his uncle under the bus yet again. Good team play.

Looks like everyone is ganging up on Joe next episode. Should make for a refreshing change.

Stuff like them missing training when they're in a team with 2 other families is just selfish. They know that they're not in the firing line, so it just shows a complete disregard for the rest of their team.

Very tactical stuff. Like you said, they were not in the firing line, so it was in their interests to have either Jarrod or Leigh go. After all, they are competing against the other families so self-interest has to come into play at some stage.

Was anyone else sitting there last night during the weigh-in thinking the 2kg bonus wouldn't be mentioned until the end - as it was? Craig (I think) said he was doing the numbers and thought the Challenors came up short, but the bonus was sneakily left out of the equation, giving the team of 11 the impression they had won.

Well, Nathaniel's thrown his uncle under the bus yet again. Good team play.

Looks like everyone is ganging up on Joe next episode. Should make for a refreshing change.

Nathaniel is very weak. Jarrad strangely enough tries to make friends with him this week so Nathaniel doesn't want to get rid of him.

Now the other Duncans are going Joe again, for not listening to Nathaniel. Pretty obvious they were targeting Nathaniel for a spot of manipulation and it didn't come off.

If the boot was on the other foot, they would have evicted Joe as quick as look at him and would not have taken being questioned about it. Hypocrites.

Duncans win the most challenges, Jarrad is the leader of the Duncans, Jarrad has had several pot shots at Joe about being a coward and what not. Jarrad has had decent overall weight loss and has another 35 kgs he could lose. Seems to me the smartest thing to do would be further weaken the strong team.

The Moons will be not to pleased that Jarrad tried to get Sarah eliminated. There is already bad blood between them.

In terms of being competitive, I liked the Duncans and Westrens. In terms of not being manipulative game players, I prefer the Challenors and Moons.

This is the first series of this I've watched most episodes, but having seen a few the last couple of seasons this year's lot are so beige. Jarrod was the only one with any personality.

The Moons are a bunch of whingers, especially the lesbian (though the mum will look pretty fine by the end of it).

The Challenors are mentally weak. Witness Damien is out and takes all of his first meal to backslide. In previous years the token extra huge bloke, you could at least appreciate he'd drawn a line in the sand and realised he'd been a lazy pig and wasn't going back to it. This years one has young kids to boot to motivate him and can't last half a week on the outside.

The Westrens - Leigh is a drop kick. Dad just follows Mum. The fiance will look ok by the end and should upgrade to a guy with prospects. The Mum had the hissy fit at the start, but is now tolerable. No excuse for them being a bunch of lard arses though. Their daughter in the wheelchair (and hence can't exercise as much) isn't fat, so no excuse for the rest of them.

The Duncan's were the best by default with Jarrod in the team. The sisters are the same meh as all the other contestants. I think I'll find something else to do the rest of the series now, whilst my wife watches it.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Biggest Loser 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back