Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people are overhyping that episode. The first half, running around with the Dark Sabre, was awesome but the second half was boring as shit. The montage of putting it together went on way too long. Flying it around through the canyon was cool, but still, it's a shit ship for a Bounty Hunter and they weren't even cool in Ep 1. And why were there Authorities flying around back water planets like Tatooine? I know the Empire has fallen by this stage but surely their resources would still be stretched a little thin?

I think people are overhyping that episode. The first half, running around with the Dark Sabre, was awesome but the second half was boring as sh*t. The montage of putting it together went on way too long. Flying it around through the canyon was cool, but still, it's a sh*t ship for a Bounty Hunter and they weren't even cool in Ep 1. And why were there Authorities flying around back water planets like Tatooine? I know the Empire has fallen by this stage but surely their resources would still be stretched a little thin?

My thoughts too, the montage building the ship dragged far too long in a show that has too much to do in too few eps already.

Bit of a tangent here but just seen Disney + are openly streaming an R rated show (about Tommy Lee Jones and Pamela Anderson) directly. Interesting.

Maybe there's some chance of a mature rated Star Wars.

EDIT
Just looked in to it more and yeah it's going through STARZ, but it isn't advertised that way.

Bit of a tangent here but just seen Disney + are openly streaming an R rated show (about Tommy Lee Jones and Pamela Anderson) directly. Interesting.

Maybe there's some chance of a mature rated Star Wars.

EDIT
Just looked in to it more and yeah it's going through STARZ, but it isn't advertised that way.

There's a difference between having a show with that sort of content rating and aligning one of their key brands targeted at kids with content of that rating.

My impression of that ep was that in Mando he seemed a far more competent and hard to take down warrior.

In that ep he seemed less competent as a fighter and more vulnerable to getting wrekt.

My impression of that ep was that in Mando he seemed a far more competent and hard to take down warrior.

In that ep he seemed less competent as a fighter and more vulnerable to getting wrekt.

He was using a weapon he didn't know how to use properly.

Darksaber gets heavier, unless it's held by a force user. We aren't sure if Mando is capable of that, yet.

But if he goes and visits Grogu and Luke, he might learn something.

I don't know if it's heavier unless held by a Force user, but definitely the more you get used to it, supposedly the lighter it is. Sabine trained with it with Kanan and she commented on it getting lighter as she trained.

I don't know if it's heavier unless held by a Force user, but definitely the more you get used to it, supposedly the lighter it is. Sabine trained with it with Kanan and she commented on it getting lighter as she trained.

Yeah, jedi training. Thinking with it being a type of lightsaber, it needs a force sensitive user.

It would fit in well with the 'visit Grogu' side quest. Grogu might even have the power to make someone force sensitive, similar to his healing powers - ie. transfer some midichlorians or something.

Last edited:
Yeah, jedi training. Thinking with it being a type of lightsaber, it needs a force sensitive user.

It would fit in well with the 'visit Grogu' side quest. Grogu might even have the power to make someone force sensitive, similar to his healing powers - ie. transfer some midichlorians or something.

Sabine isn't Force sensitive though, Kanan was just teaching her forms of combat.

Sabine isn't Force sensitive though, Kanan was just teaching her forms of combat.

The Force resides in all living things, but you have to be open to it - Kanan Jarrus

As such, the Kanan training might have unlocked it.

There's quite a bit written about Sabine Sabine's Jedi Connections Explained

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't say it was just that.

That some low level scrub could get close enough to bite him seemed way removed from the other series Mando

You mean the other series where he regularly got bashed up?

I think both stories (The Mandalorian & TBOBF) are intertwined, and always will be.

Which is why it's odd this wasn't subtitled "The Mandalorian: The Book of Boba Fett".

There's a difference between having a show with that sort of content rating and aligning one of their key brands targeted at kids with content of that rating.

It doesn't have to be an alignment, there's gonna be more than half a dozen shows out soon, just one could up the ante a bit.

The Force resides in all living things, but you have to be open to it - Kanan Jarrus

As such, the Kanan training might have unlocked it.

There's quite a bit written about Sabine Sabine's Jedi Connections Explained

I don't think that's the intention here. Force forms yes, but not the unlocking of midiclorians and such.

They seems to be positioning it as a leaders weapon, as in he who holds this is Mandalore whilst being the dark sabre, we don't know the connotation with the Jedi yet here. Mando is more a brute forcer, even with the staff he was just straight block stab, no real form or anything with a martial weapon just what you expect a farmer to do with a pitchfork. Much like him with the sword just basic overhand strikes. It's why I think that section was fine, since it showed him having doubt, that getting challenged and then wielding it became more and more problematic before he left to well, find his ship to leave some more with it.

More than likely his find Gogru will be about himself being whole more than Grogu himself, and likely he then gets some manner of "use the sword this way" through form work by someone else, like Ahsoka for example.

It's been said that Han unintentionally was able to tap in to the force to assist him in his elite piloting abilities.

Many characters probably do without realising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back