The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert

Dear Eagles supporters. 99% of the Port supporters in this thread aren't trying to screw anybody, they just have different (read: unbiased) opinions on what Ebert is worth. On the other hand, if we do anything that involves selfish, lazy uber-spud Josh Hill going to West Coast then you are being screwed over. You complain about the Motlop offers, but Hill is half the player of Motlop with an attitude towards football that makes Motlop look like Tom Scully.

No one said he was chump. Unappreciative? Yes. Petulant? Very.

That goes for any player who leaves us and nominates a single club they'll agree to a trade with, irrespective of whether we'll be bent over or not. Memories are long in this regard.

I certainly hope they are. Can't wait for you to call Matera unappreciate and petulant if he wants to go back to West Coast, nor can I wait for you to have to put up with Gold Coast supporters overrating his value and crying that you're not being fair if you don't want to give up that overrated value for someone you could get in the PSD.

Uncle Hank said:
All the more reason to ensure you drip-fed scrubs don't get spudbert on your terms.

So now you're calling him a spud but you still think pick 28 is screwing the Eagles over? God you're a twat.

larrikin said:
Don't over-analyse my mention of the Port link, it's just like any other club where multiple family members played over 1,000 games, one of them was the club's best player in 140 years, and the player himself played at the club before he was drafted

EFA.

We should look after ourselves and thats it. If we can get Ebert for 33 then great. That or PSD would be a huge win for us. The club should do everything to try and get Ebert for 33

yep... i all for Port doing a fair deal with WCE over this

i dont want to see it go to the PSD

What is a fair deal?

Butcher, Boak, Gray for Ebert?

My god, this is a business ffs. We do what's best for us. Ok I agree, PSD is a bit too far, but pick 33 should be it and we must stand firm on that.

Look after ourselves, thats it. We aren't here to be "nice"

What is a fair deal?

Butcher, Boak, Gray for Ebert?

My god, this is a business ffs. We do what's best for us. Ok I agree, PSD is a bit too far, but pick 33 should be it and we must stand firm on that.

Look after ourselves, thats it. We aren't here to be "nice"
pick 28 or 33 i would consider fair

if WC wont accept either of those and want more then i would consider that not fair

in saying that it WC want to play mega hardball and wont accept then i would be content with PSD... last resort

In reality West Coast will take a fair offer.. i just wish it would hurry up and happen so we can move on

I agree that pick 28 is fair. Ebert is worth that. But if we can con WC into taking 33 or threatening PSD, we should do that (offer them 33) and hope they take it.

Re: Brad Ebert Part 2

I think most of us agree that at the end of the week #28 will get the deal done with both teams feeling like they have got a fair trade.

problem is (and may well be) that port haven't offered #28 - only #33 which they know is 'unders' (hence why they are trying to negotiate with a 3rd club).

I think the clubs have probably been able to agree on at least 1 thing this week - #33 isn't going to get a best-22 player for either club in this draft!

Giving away a good player for a 12 pick upgrade would be stupidity, every time we go to the trade table in the future the other club would remember how weak we were and other players would push for their peference every time.

Yes but you would like to get something for him surely? It's alot harder for the club (yours in this case) when the guy is out of contract to take too higher ground.

Look at the Judd thing; Nisbett was adamant only pick 1 would make it happen but in reality he couldn't really back that up.

Players generally try to do the right thing by their old club in terms of insisting their potential new club pay fair value but at some point, assuming the player is adamant/desperate to get to his new club he wont care what his old club is offered.

I'm not sure it'll be too hard for Port to get Ebert past GWS and GC in the PSD if they have to.

Anyway we're all dribbling on here; lets wait and see who's closer to the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most of us agree that at the end of the week #28 will get the deal done with both teams feeling like they have got a fair trade.

problem is (and may well be) that port haven't offered #28 - only #33 which they know is 'unders' (hence why they are trying to negotiate with a 3rd club).

I think the clubs have probably been able to agree on at least 1 thing this week - #33 isn't going to get a best-22 player for either club in this draft!
could be right. Port did say 28 was off the table... offered 33 and WC not keen.

I can see at the end of the day if Port cant work another club into the deal, then in the end Port will either offer 28, or WC will accept 33 rather than lose Ebert to the PSD

just a matter of which one caves first

Yes but you would like to get something for him surely? It's alot harder for the club (yours in this case) when the guy is out of contract to take too higher ground.

Look at the Judd thing; Nisbett was adamant only pick 1 would make it happen but in reality he couldn't really back that up.
the difference is that judd was too valuable and too important to lose for nothing. we HAD to take what was on offer because there was just too much currency involved to give up on principle

pick 33 in a weak draft? **** it, thats nothing at all to lose.

for that, we should just send him to the PSD and make port pay him 200k more than he is worth just to get him past GC and GWS and their salary cap concessions.

in fact, thats probably what ebert will want us to do too ;)

No doubt Ebert will refuse to go to Geelong. He hasn't screwed us over enough yet.
Ebert's made it known that his desire is to return to Port Adelaide and Port Adelaide only. It's not Brad Ebert who is "screwing over" West Coast in a deal but Port Adelaide who isn't budging from what some people suggested the deal would be roughly for, their second round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back