The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert

It seems Port and Freo supporters were all spawned from the same place.

Really?

How could this thread have got to almost 1000 posts if the Eagles posters are happy to get nothing for Ebert?

Giving away a good player for a 12 pick upgrade would be stupidity, every time we go to the trade table in the future the other club would remember how weak we were and other players would push for their peference every time.

This post fails hard. If you're only using 2 picks, then you wouldn't use pick 33 and there's no point in us trading it to you.

We get 28 + 33 you get Ebert and 45.

We use our pick 23 plus a player to snap up Clark later in the week, may even need 28 or 33 in that deal also.

If we don't use them we do what we did last season, seek to trade out a late pick for a 3rd round compo pick and bank it.

Still failing am I.:cool:

Giving away a good player for a 12 pick upgrade would be stupidity,
Its a good thing no-one is offering a 12 pick upgrade, but in fact the second pick in the second round.

If we don't use them we do what we did last season, seek to trade out a late pick for a 3rd round compo pick and bank it.
There's your solution then, trade #33 for a compo pick.

IMHO, the person that has come out of this whole trade looking like a bitch, is Brad Ebert himself.

I'm not sure what the official reason for him wanting a trade, but its been bandied around that he was looking for more time in the midfield and/or was disappointed to be pushed out of the best 22. Doesn't say much for his character if this is the case if he'd rather run to another club that actually work to achieve his goals.

Wanting to move back to Adelaide for family reasons? Fair enough. But if that is the case, he should be happy to accept a deal with Adelaide... rather than have his manager come out a declare that he's going to Port and only Port.

West Coast have actually been very good to Ebert. He's been given way more game time than he probably deserves. And his father was given a job at the club. In return, he's walked out on the club for some pretty lame reason, and completely screwed us over by insisting on only going to Port.

And for Port fans that somehow think it is West Coast's fault for picking up anyone called "Ebert", you should check out Brandon Matera. Seems very happy at Gold Coast and doesn't have any intention of coming home. Ebert could learn some professionalism from the kid.

And for Port fans that somehow think it is West Coast's fault for picking up anyone called "Ebert", you should check out Brandon Matera. Seems very happy at Gold Coast and doesn't have any intention of coming home. Ebert could learn some professionalism from the kid.
Maybe when Brandon has been at Gold Coast for four years like Ebert has at West Coast, that may be a valid comparison. I think we all know your recruiters will be in his ear every five minutes until he does the same thing.

Maybe when Brandon has been at Gold Coast for four years like Ebert has at West Coast, that may be a valid comparison. I think we all know your recruiters will be in his ear every five minutes until he does the same thing.

And if and when he does the Eagles will act in the fair and professional manner it normally does and compensate GC with our first round pick, just like they did for Stengliegn, just like they did for Chick.

Thats not to say I expect pick 6 for Ebert but pick 28 + 33 for Ebert + 45 is as close to reasonable as we will get.

Personally I'd take 33 plus Surjan as I rate him.

IMHO, the person that has come out of this whole trade looking like a bitch, is Brad Ebert himself.

I'm not sure what the official reason for him wanting a trade, but its been bandied around that he was looking for more time in the midfield and/or was disappointed to be pushed out of the best 22. Doesn't say much for his character if this is the case if he'd rather run to another club that actually work to achieve his goals.

Wanting to move back to Adelaide for family reasons? Fair enough. But if that is the case, he should be happy to accept a deal with Adelaide... rather than have his manager come out a declare that he's going to Port and only Port.

West Coast have actually been very good to Ebert. He's been given way more game time than he probably deserves. And his father was given a job at the club. In return, he's walked out on the club for some pretty lame reason, and completely screwed us over by insisting on only going to Port.

Was getting played as a HFF at WCE then got dropped for finals

Then got offered a nice fat contract and midfield time at his home town with a club that is part of his family.

Yeah he's a chump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then got offered a nice fat contract and midfield time at his home town with a club that is part of his family.

Yeah he's a chump

Wow, a West Coast fan who gets the whole Port link unlike the peanut above and his epic rant. :thumbsu:

Yeah he's a chump

No one said he was chump. Unappreciative? Yes. Petulant? Very.

That goes for any player who leaves us and nominates a single club they'll agree to a trade with, irrespective of whether we'll be bent over or not. Memories are long in this regard.

Ebert will end up going like this..

Josh Hill to West Coast
Brad Ebert to Port
Jacob Surjan to Bulldogs

I also suspect Farren Ray will be back to the dogs and Matthew Bate will join him

To some nobody West Coast supporter we're nothing.

To Brad Ebert, we're family.

Pick 28 or 33 is hardly a screw over. It's unders, but it's as close to even as we can offer in a simple trade. If you're on trading these anyway for Clark it's probably in your best interests to get the deal done.

Josh Hill to West Coast
Brad Ebert to Port
Jacob Surjan to Bulldogs

I also suspect Farren Ray will be back to the dogs and Matthew Bate will join him

So Eagles lose Ebert and gain Josh Hill?:eek:

Josh Hill who is worth a late 3rd rounder ATM.

You are so far from reality its not even funny.

Josh Hill to West Coast
Brad Ebert to Port
Jacob Surjan to Bulldogs

Haha. No thanks, Josh Hill is shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back