Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute bullshit Bunk.

Nope, a judges role is to judge the case the prosecution presents.

The don't go on "the vibe"!

ASADA did a shit job. WADA righted it. WADA didn't completely change the case for no reason.

I don't know what people have against the tribunal panel. They're all very highly qualified. They knew what they were doing.

It was a poorly presented case, which is why WADA completely changed it.

It also helped that WADA did not have to worry about Dank.

Even though Dank did not defend the case ASADA still had to present the case in a way that Dank could be found guilty of trafficking, (link 1) possessing (link 2) and administering (link 3) TB4.

Personally believe the players asking for their CAS appeal to be heard separately to Dank appeals was a dumb decision legally speaking, made WADA case easier and would have allowed more back dating due to delays not attributable to the athlete. Understand why they did it though from a peace of mind point of view.

Last edited:
It was a poorly presented case, which is why WADA completely changed it.
I know what was poor, was the reasoning the tribunal gave for why they could not proceed.
Everyone thought they received TB4 except the tribunal.
But you go on thinking ASADA presented a poor case, Lance Armstrong would still have 7 tour wins if he went to the AFL tribunal.

I know what was poor, was the reasoning the tribunal gave for why they could not proceed.
But you go on thinking ASADA presented a poor case, Lance Armstrong would still have 7 tour wins if he went to the AFL tribunal.

Sure on that? ASADA run into problems at the tribunal when their own expert witness could not be sure that the substance that went out for molecular testing was in fact TB4. So if a expert could not be sure how could the tribunal?

WADA brought in a new expert with expertise in this area who attested it was in fact TB4. A key difference between the two hearings.

Nope, a judges role is to judge the case the prosecution presents.

The don't go on "the vibe"!

ASADA did a shit job. WADA righted it. WADA didn't completely change the case for no reason.

I don't know what people have against the tribunal panel. They're all very highly qualified. They knew what they were doing.
But they did go "the vibe".

We don't believe TB4 ever made it to Australia is going with "the vibe".

I believe thats Mrs Mitchells and Cotchins

slow-mo-larsen.gif
looks like this idiot:
bb28fbad7d41d9cb582854ba97471dd3

What a miserable failure.

The drugs didn't achieve their objective.

The AFL didn't achieve its objective.

Essendon FC didn't achieve its objective.

The players didn't achieve their objective.

Meanwhile Cronulla put their hand up and said "yeah, you got us, fair play" and copped their whack immediately. Premiers.

Last edited:

Lol, you have no idea what you're talking about.

WADA presented a different case to ASADA. It was de novo, a new hearing

Sure on that? ASADA run into problems at the tribunal when their own expert witness could not be sure that the substance that went out for molecular testing was in fact TB4. So if a expert could not be sure how could the tribunal?

WADA brought in a new expert with expertise in this area who attested it was in fact TB4. A key difference between the two hearings.
Yet the compounding chemist said she compounded TB4.
The tribunal also dismissed that it was thymomodulin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gill doesnt want to make a decision on the brownlow. A lot of pressure will be exerted on Watson to hand it back
He has to or it will weigh him down forever. Rest of his life: "why didn't you hand it back?" No way.

But then watch Mitchell or Cotchin hand him theirs.....surely not..?

Agree, but a expert witness brought in to back up this point going I am not sure was a major issue for ASADA.

Also pretty sure she said she believed it was TB4. not categorically stated it was...
Balance of probabilities, Dank said he gave the players thyomomodulin, yet everyone thought they were getting TB4.
Thymosin written on the consents, no evidence of thymomodulin, the balance swings one way only i think.

Ah, thanks the Lord thats over. Cheats. Officially. Forever.

Couldn't give a rats about Jobe's brownlow. Its as tainted as the Chernobyl GPO and if he wants to keep it, let him. As a reminder of what he did.

Balance of probabilities, Dank said he gave the players thyomomodulin, yet everyone thought they were getting TB4.
Thymosin written on the consents, no evidence of thymomodulin, the balance swings one way only i think.

But was not balance of probabilities. was comfortable satisfaction.

And people forget that the tribunal was also ruling on Dank (with directly related charges) and not just the players. There is enough precedent in CAS cases where a life ban is at stake (like Dank was facing) there little difference between comfortable satisfaction and beyond reasonable doubt.

WADA could restructure the case, bring in experts to plug holes and focus on the players facing a two year ban not life... different result.

If Watson gets stripped of the brownlow, I'm tipping that no one will get it. Similar to the Melbourne Storms situation where no one was awarded the premiership

yeah this could very well happen and would be a disgrace, ever a time the AFL should stand up for no drugs in sport is now

bad luck Jobe, oh yeah but he is a nice guy, not one player has come forward with the truth have they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back