Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

cans over glass every time when it comes to beer. Two reasons:

1. Pressure. The aluminum can is 100% airtight. No glass bottle can compete.
2. Temperature. An ice cold tinnie is the highest form of beverage. An already cold can ( minimum 24hrs in the fridge) given 15 minutes in the freezer before consumption is chef’s kiss.

On topic though, I just don’t think old simples is much chop.

There are only three basic strategies in footy (soccer, basketball, hockey, etc for those inclined).

Forward half = defenders push up, the goal is to have all the play close to the attacking end.

Defensive half = sit back, exploit the space going forward to score on the rebound.

Man on man = even numbers over the ground. Beloved of every punter in the stands. In reality, the worst setup. One guy gets it wrong defensively, and it’s overlap to a goal.

In addition to strategy, there are also tactics. Obviously through our premiership year and up until this year we played a forward half game. But, at our best we also employed a Defensive half tactic ie. moving the the ball quickly and decisively from deep in our back 50. We were very conservative to the areas we moved the ball to, but we did it almost instantly. It’s a good tactic and I would argue the key to having the forward half game plan work. I reckon old simple simo doesn’t even realize that’s why we played good footy.

I'm going to put this out there - a good Tassie beer shits all over mainland beer. Love a nice cold Boags Lager in a stubby.
You guys down there also prefer dating family members over unrelated people so the tassie beer thing doesn't surprise me

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

cans over glass every time when it comes to beer. Two reasons:

1. Pressure. The aluminum can is 100% airtight. No glass bottle can compete.
2. Temperature. An ice cold tinnie is the highest form of beverage. An already cold can ( minimum 24hrs in the fridge) given 15 minutes in the freezer before consumption is chef’s kiss.
Glass bottle anything > tin

Glass bottle anything > tin

A well thought out post. But still wrong.

Yet another advantage to the mighty tinnie is the ease of disposal. You can have a six can stroll and by simply crushing as you go the empties can be easily transported to an appropriate waste disposal unit.

Yet another advantage to the mighty tinnie is the ease of disposal. You can have a six can stroll and by simply crushing as you go the empties can be easily transported to an appropriate waste disposal unit.
Dunno bout you but throwing my empty stubs in the recycle bin isnt that hard.

Dunno bout you but throwing my empty stubs in the recycle bin isnt that hard.
I was confused by the idea of a “beer stroll”. Sounds like something someone came up with when lockdown had clearly gone on far too long

I was confused by the idea of a “beer stroll”. Sounds like something someone came up with when lockdown had clearly gone on far too long
Best to take a traveler with you for the trip to the bin too.

I had to skip a few pages

100%. It is much better too. Mexican folks being rewarded for drinking like 100 litres of coke per person per year.
I like to think the pages you had to skip were the ones discussing Goodwin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That bin fills up quickly though. Only collected once a fortnight if memory serves.
Not once in my life have I ever ran out of room in my recycling bin and thought damn if I only drank cans instead.

my recycling bin is big enough to cope with the glass stubbies that get chucked in so a non issue

Not once in my life have I ever ran out of room in my recycling bin and thought damn if I only drank cans instead.
I went to a house party once where they had an inspection the next day and asked people to bring cans so the clean up would be more manageable.

I went to a house party once where they had an inspection the next day and asked people to bring cans so the clean up would be more manageable.
Not a problem ive ever had to worry about since I dont have house parties once a fortnight.

Thoughts on Dr Pepper? I love the stuff, they tried selling it at supermarkets for a bit but nobody’s was into it.
I like it. Pretty much the only soft drinks I dislike are Sarsaparilla and to a lesser extent lemon squash and it’s branded variants Solo, Lift etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back