Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed nobody is clapping

Is this a MELBOURNE home game or something

The Rock Clapping GIF

Swap bottle with can pour into glass and I'm on board.

Nothing quite like your favourite beer straight off tap.

That first Friday night pint after work is a transcendent and beautiful experience every single time.
Nah mate stubby or longy over tinnies any and every day

Melbourne has been slightly off this season including a 35-point loss to West Coast in Perth last week that was un-Melbourne like. Kangaroos legend David King on Fox Footy’s The First Crack noted how Simon Goodwin’s side “trying a new ball movement model” in a bid to score more efficiently out of its back half, but thinks it’s “just not them.” King called for a Demons ‘powwow’ to address their current method, questioning whether it was time to play more like their brand of recent years that’s made them so successful. “I wonder how long you can continue down this path before you revert back to what you’ve always done, which has worked for them so successfully. “OK, it’s failed by a point, a goal (in previous finals)... but I feel like that is them. Something has to change, I think there will have to be a powwow at Melbourne: ‘Can we continue to play this way with these opportunities ball in hand?’,” he said.

Coke is the most consumed drink in Mexico fun fact. Any good Mexican restaurant has Mexican coke. Your right we digress and coke doesn't belong in a simon Goodwin thread.
I live here in Mexico. I can confirm they ****ing love their Coca Cola here. diabetes is off the charts here too and it's hard to find anyone over 40 who doesn't have a big diabetes gut. still, the Coca Cola here does taste great.

I live here in Mexico. I can confirm they ******* love their Coca Cola here. diabetes is off the charts here too and it's hard to find anyone over 40 who doesn't have a big diabetes gut. still, the Coca Cola here does taste great.
Interesting to get the perspective of some that lives there. I think I went to some health science convention years ago when I read that information. Probably shouldn't say fun fact because it's obvious a major health issue. Meanwhile here in Australia we are talking about the best way to consume a beer 🍺

I live here in Mexico. I can confirm they ******* love their Coca Cola here. diabetes is off the charts here too and it's hard to find anyone over 40 who doesn't have a big diabetes gut. still, the Coca Cola here does taste great.
Watched a doco that featured this once. Easier to get Coca Cola in primary schools there than clean drinking water apparently.
I havent drunk a VB in over 20 years, it changed to some sort of watery version and I checked out.
Pretty sure they kept reducing the alcohol content.

It’s funny how Carlton Draught went a bit by the wayside too. Used to be THE tap beer in most pubs and the stubs were popular at social gatherings because of that stupid trivia on the lids.
Still around but I guess when everyone started pretending to like craft beer (pasito) in the last decade it was doomed.

Hurling a stubby at someone at the local footy on Saturday just doesn't have the same feel as a tin (Please don't actually do that)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a result of my wanky craft beer preferences. Most crafties come in tins these days.
Yeah, similar to my rationale. Though that being said, I've just always preferred tins/cans for most carbonated drinks, not just beers.

That "tssssshhhh" sound and first sip out of a can of coke-a-cola is the best, I can usually down a coke-a-cola in a minute or two, prefer it over a glass bottle I think.

As far as beers go I can't be ****ed with stubbies. I don't drink often and when I do it's because I'm on a bender, and cans are so much easier to deal wtih the next day.

I'm not even sure the beers I drink come in a bottle to be honest.

Watched a doco that featured this once. Easier to get Coca Cola in primary schools there than clean drinking water apparently.

Pretty sure they kept reducing the alcohol content.

It’s funny how Carlton Draught went a bit by the wayside too. Used to be THE tap beer in most pubs and the stubs were popular at social gatherings because of that stupid trivia on the lids.
Still around but I guess when everyone started pretending to like craft beer (pasito) in the last decade it was doomed.
The local craft brewery started making "simple beer", basically just pretentious VB, shit it's good though, better than all their various IPA iterations, two standard drinks a tin as well.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had to skip a few pages
Really need to make a Coke "Real Sugar" variant.

The Mexican stuff which you can get here in import stores is made of real sugar, rest of the world is corn syrup, which is bad for people with allergies. It's a shame.

Anyway. Simon Goodwin.
100%. It is much better too. Mexican folks being rewarded for drinking like 100 litres of coke per person per year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back