Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: paying out Goodwin if he sack him, isn't there some weird clause the AFL created where payouts are limited to six months?

In any case I agree on letting him sweat next year with his contract finishing.

Re: paying out Goodwin if he sack him, isn't there some weird clause the AFL created where payouts are limited to six months?

In any case I agree on letting him sweat next year with his contract finishing.
Yep. I remember discussing it after Ratten was sacked.

The AFL has dramatically intervened in the contentious issue of long-term coaching contracts, determined to put an end to the practice of million-dollar payouts to sacked senior coaches.

The new guideline mandates a maximum six-month settlement to any sacked coach at an AFL-funded club regardless of the length of his contract. Quietly put into place before the COVID-19 outbreak, towards the end of last season, it has directly affected the new deal struck between the Giants and Leon Cameron despite significant opposition from Cameron's manager Craig Kelly.

St Kilda's Brett Ratten, Carlton's David Teague and Gold Coast's Stuart Dew all have six-month payout clauses or less in their new coaching deals. Their deals were struck over the past 12 months and had to be approved by AFL executive Travis Auld.

So as long as that's still in place the risk is pretty low.

Extension incoming soon.
Dave Chappelle Omg GIF

Yep. I remember discussing it after Ratten was sacked.

So as long as that's still in place the risk is pretty low.
we aren't an AFL funded club, think that was for the clubs that took the AFL handouts during Covid.

Where’s the evidence of this “extension incoming soon”?
Lord Nev talking to the janitor at Casey over a pie and fanta?
Please.

s**t coach. Moron. Imbecile. Emotionally deficient. Drug farked. Boring. Stupid. Stubborn. Thinks sentences equal plans. Owned by Brad Scott ffs. Ugly. s**t husband. Ugly. Walking cliché. Sitting cliché. Ugly. Works incredibly hard. Is incredibly dull. Emotionally, tactically, mentally deficient. campaigner.
harsh but fair

He can sleep easy at the end of his coaching career knowing he was a Premiership coach. He'll also know he pissed away generational talent and a shot at a dynasty of a Premiership winning team.

goody_thumbsup.png

s**t coach. Moron. Imbecile. Emotionally deficient. Drug farked. Boring. Stupid. Stubborn. Thinks sentences equal plans. Owned by Brad Scott ffs. Ugly. s**t husband. Ugly. Walking cliché. Sitting cliché. Ugly. Works incredibly hard. Is incredibly dull. Emotionally, tactically, mentally deficient. campaigner.
I still endorse this post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sacked at 3qt. Contract extended end of game. Big call to drop Grundy. Fair to say Max played his best game of the season. 216 Supercoach points is off the charts for those who play supercoach

Feels a bit like the team won despite him , anyway he can breath a bit easier for a week .
Lol

Win in spite of him. Lose because of him

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Dropping Grundy was ballsy

Surely he gets credit for this?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Yes but he also played a big role in bringing Grundy in on a long deal. Huge risk and it's not looking good.

Amazing win tonight so Goody has to be given some credit but still a lot of question marks about his selections and game day coaching imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back