Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Williams is a protected coach, never ever gets brought up

Initially brought in as extra support and a mentoring role for Goodwin. Current Head of Development.
And all i ever heard early on was he was going to drill into us elite kicking, but it feels like we've become progressively worse at that

Like ALL of the coaching staff i aint giving any of them passes, even if he has the most experience
You can't retrain mid 20s AFL players to become elite kicks, also don't agree we've become worse at kicking because you couldn't possibly know, we get the ball and kick long down the boundary. How would you even know

I feel like Williams is a protected coach, never ever gets brought up

Initially brought in as extra support and a mentoring role for Goodwin. Current Head of Development.
And all i ever heard early on was he was going to drill into us elite kicking, but it feels like we've become progressively worse at that

Like ALL of the coaching staff i aint giving any of them passes, even if he has the most experience
Goodwin is in charge of coaching, recruiting, skills, team selection, merchandising, bingo nights, cheer squad, forward line, stoppages, sausage sizzle and boot studding. Not Choco's fault

Goodwin is in charge of coaching, recruiting, skills, team selection, merchandising, bingo nights, cheer squad, forward line, stoppages, sausage sizzle and boot studding. Not Choco's fault
The alternative to this extreme being that Goodwin is just a prisoner to his assistants and could only get the team going if it wasn't for Alan Richardson and Tim Lamb holding him back is equally ridiculous.

I do hope the entire club is reviewed by an independent outside party at years end. Pretty clear we get a lot of stuff wrong across the board, I hate Goodwin but every coach at the club should be under the microscope.
Can't imagine Roffey or Pert opening themselves up to that sort of scrutiny.

Oh for sure, there is no way it actually happens. This admin has wed themselves to Goody, he doesn’t go till they go.
I could see them throwing him under the bus once we go the way of Richmond and get anchored to the bottom of the ladder. But if we sniff finals in the next two years he'll get an extension.

I could see them throwing him under the bus once we go the way of Richmond and get anchored to the bottom of the ladder. But if we sniff finals in the next two years he'll get an extension.

Doomsday scenario is we get a dead cat bounce next year like Richmond 2022 and they extend him then.

Doomsday scenario is we get a dead cat bounce next year like Richmond 2022 and they extend him then.
Yeah I could see it. Happens to a lot of teams right before they fall off a cliff. Lions in 09, Hawks in '18, Richmond in '22 as you said.

Won't matter though if we go all in. The damage will be done, whoever helms our rebuild will be doomed to a long stint at the bottom of the ladder and probably won't survive it anyway.

I do hope the entire club is reviewed by an independent outside party at years end. Pretty clear we get a lot of stuff wrong across the board, I hate Goodwin but every coach at the club should be under the microscope.
The club needs a total review on how we've totally ballsed this up last few years. No one should be exempt from criticism. Gotta make some serious changes. But the club is so far up itself, that we know all we will.do is pay overs for Dan Houston and think we'll be contenders again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice whack on home base Roffey, other than tell supporters to be louder

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

Still not good enough for a certain someone:

The thread is called “GOODWIN IS THE MAN” ffs

The purpose of the thread is to praise our coach.

The OP created it PURELY as an alternative to the thread called “It’s Time To Go Goody” the very title of which makes the OP feel sick, and he’s clearly not alone there.

is it too much to ask folks to take their opposing views to a relevant thread? God knows, there’s plenty from which to choose.

Anyways thanks for ruining Demonland for some of us. Way to go.
It’s no wonder people stop reading/posting on here.

There’s simply no escaping it. I should be able to open a thread called “Goodwin is the Man” without having to read the same old sadsacks with their same old BS stemming from their same old insecurities stemming from their same old shortcomings.

It’s absolutely ruining what was an awesome site.

If I should suddenly disappear from DL, this would be the reason right here, which is sad coz there’s sooooo much to love about DL. But it’s got to a point where I simply can’t avoid it. I give the GameDay and postgame threads a wide berth, along with various other threads that I feel will be potentially upsetting, but they invade every single thread. It’s super unfair. Who needs the angst?!

End of rant.

The irony being the more I shitpost about Demonland, the more traffic their site gets. It's an excellent business model, really.

This site is run by commies who attack anyone who has a different opinion
Youl be sent to the gulag if you keep that sort of attitude up Mich

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back