Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney could smell the desperation and took full advantage. Well played to him. #demonspirit
I knew when Viney mentioned Demon Spirit in his post match interview that Goody would throw an extra couple of years on his contract

I knew when Viney mentioned Demon Spirit in his post match interview that Goody would throw an extra couple of years on his contract
Oh god yes I heard that.

I couldn’t, and still can’t, assess whether it would be worse if Viney is shameless in plugging that drivel, or if it has somehow caught on and people don’t realise they are saying it.

Is that confirmed? The media release makes it sound like he's off to pursue other opportunities.

I'm also happy either way.
You're not going to say you've sacked someone because they suck at their job in your thank you post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Trac is upset with the way his injury was handled, should we be expecting the docs or fitness staff to be gone as well? Hopefully a full review of what happened will take place. Who is responsible? Docs? Fitness staff? Coach? Not sure what Trac has been dealing with, but sounds like there has been post injury issues also. Or is it all Tim Lamb's fault?

So if Trac is upset with the way his injury was handled, should we be expecting the docs or fitness staff to be gone as well? Hopefully a full review of what happened will take place. Who is responsible? Docs? Fitness staff? Coach? Not sure what Trac has been dealing with, but sounds like there has been post injury issues also. Or is it all Tim Lamb's fault?
I think the questions around the resilience approach brought in by Burgess are valid. Is it something that has a shelf life as you start to break down players over time?

It's similar to the army approach. Gets people to push past their limits, but you can also permanently debilitate people with it.

Which is what I have said in the Draft/Trade/FA thread needs to happen, even if it means the AFL overrides TPTB at Melbourne.

An Ext. Review is extremely necessary.

I think the questions around the resilience approach brought in by Burgess are valid. Is it something that has a shelf life as you start to break down players over time?

It's similar to the army approach. Gets people to push past their limits, but you can also permanently debilitate people with it.
I think it's probably more something that you want the guy who is the master of to run. Griffith seems rated highly, but perhaps it's not his go as much as it was Burgess'.

I don't really understand what the metaphor means anyway
Falling on tour sword? It was a thing Roman generals did if they lost a battle - rather than come home a loser/bear that shame they topped themselves by literally falling on their swords.

Stafford was honour bound to top himself 👍
Had to go. If there were only going to be a couple of changes, he had to be one of them. A touch of the scape goat's about it, but he's been in charge of the most dysfunctional area of our game and hasn't been able to make it better in 3 years. Can argue who's fault it is, but the forwardline was a mess. If Goody isn't being sacked, then McQualter needs to be the next to go. Will be interesting to see if Choco survives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back