Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Robin Nahas got to do with Greg Stafford?

Goody presser watch:

Not getting sucked in by negativity. That a boy! Push all the negativity way down below the surface, it doesn't need to be addressed. This is how you run a happy club cult!

Goody: Refuses to talk about all the issues we've had these past 12 months, only looking forward, not looking in the review mirror!

Also Goody: (paraphrasing) "Absolutely I'll be looking to 2020 (the review mirror) and referencing 2020 as inspiration for the playing group" when asked if he can take anything from the last time we didn't make finals.

What a coach!

Last edited:

Goody presser watch:

Not getting sucked in by negativity. That a boy! Push all the negativity way down below the surface, it doesn't need to be addressed. This is how you run a happy club cult!

Goody: Refuses to talk about all the issues we've had these past 12 months, only looking forward, not looking in the review mirror!

Also Goody: (paraphrasing) "Absolutely I'll be looking to 2020 (the review mirror) and referencing 2020 as inspiration for the playing group" when asked if he can take anything from the last time we didn't make finals.

What a coach!
Ah yes, when we brought Rivers, Pickett and Jackson fully into the team and they became guns.

' checks reserves'

Hmmmmm 🤔

Ah yes, when we brought Rivers, Pickett and Jackson fully into the team and they became guns.

' checks reserves'

Hmmmmm 🤔
Trac, Oliver, May, Lever are either worse players or have significant fitness question marks heading into the offseason. Its basically exactly the same.

Trac, Oliver, May, Lever are either worse players or have significant fitness question marks heading into the offseason. Its basically exactly the same.
Vineys worse, Gawn and May could literally be done as top liners next year.
Oliver is a massive question mask, Trac wants out and might not be comfortable getting kneed ever again. Lever hasn't sniffed AA since 21'

Any team could finish top 4 except maybe WC but **** me the amount of ifs that have to go right compared to teams around us is way too much.

Took over a finals ready side from Roos and after 8 years we’ve made finals 4 times with a 2-6 record at the G. Deserves credit for 2018 and 2021 but it’s been six ultimately disappointing seasons outside of that.

Took over a finals ready side from Roos and after 8 years we’ve made finals 4 times with a 2-6 record at the G. Deserves credit for 2018 and 2021 but it’s been six ultimately disappointing seasons outside of that.
Im going to give credit in 2018 to Craig Jennings. Goody ball since he left has looked nothing like that.

I still think Gus being invisible says a lot. Offered a job start of the year and hasn't been sighted since at the club. That sort of guy usually wants to stay around and be part of the group. Might be reading too much into it, but he and Trac are close too. Lots of rumours about how the club and Goody treat players unavailable to play. Makes sense Trac has cracked it. The whole post game interview with Goody was cringe af. Sounded like the club were just gonna keep Trac hostage regardless of what he wanted. Trac still yet to officially come out and say anything. The longer that goes on the more we are all going to feel something is terribly wrong at the club. Goody has to go.

Lloyd saying on the footy show he'd have Goodwin sell to the board why he's the man to take the club forward and prove he has a gameplan that will hold up in the modern game otherwise give him the arse this off-season.

Doesn't think he has the tactical nouse to come up with something that will work.

Also says they need to review Pert & Richos leadership.

Many of us have been saying this for a long time but that's the first time I've heard someone in the media run with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd saying on the footy show he'd have Goodwin sell to the board why he's the man to take the club forward and prove he has a gameplan that will hold up in the modern game otherwise give him the arse this off-season.

Doesn't think he has the tactical nouse to come up with something that will work.

Many of us have been saying this for a long time but that's the first time I've heard someone in the media run with it.
Nice coming from Lloyd because he's one of the few commentators I like listening to and isn't sensationalist with his takes.

Badloss, Pathetic, Miss Missing and Richo
Not Listening La La GIF by Ranveer Singh
Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF
Bored Uh Huh GIF by Banana Republic
matthew mcconaughey GIF by Complex

I still think Gus being invisible says a lot. Offered a job start of the year and hasn't been sighted since at the club. That sort of guy usually wants to stay around and be part of the group. Might be reading too much into it, but he and Trac are close too. Lots of rumours about how the club and Goody treat players unavailable to play. Makes sense Trac has cracked it. The whole post game interview with Goody was cringe af. Sounded like the club were just gonna keep Trac hostage regardless of what he wanted. Trac still yet to officially come out and say anything. The longer that goes on the more we are all going to feel something is terribly wrong at the club. Goody has to go.
I'm posting too many times in a row here, but anyway...

I think what Trac is most annoyed about in all this is there's no respect for the mental side of injury recovery.

The club being weird about Trac after his injury saying he could be back for finals, and then Trac saying no on his socials and then deleting it was a bit jarring. I don't think we gave any respect to Trac's mental wellbeing after going through a life-threatening injury.

I think he would've been fine about going back on because that was the information at hand, if we then took it seriously after and said this guy is going to take time to recover and we're going to focus on supporting that.

Whether it's resilience or Goody just being mr foootball and thinking that's priority, regardless I can see why both Trac would feel un-cared for and Angus wouldn't want to be around.

There's plenty of messages around from Goody to the previous doctor about pushing Angus to play when he still had concussion symptoms. That hasn't been linked to the Trac situation yet, but I think it should be.

We've seen from selection plenty of times that players are forced out there before they should be. That worked one time that's visible with May in the GF, but 99 times out of 100 forcing a player back before they're physically & mentally ready will hurt the team and break down the player over time.

Goody's game-plan sucks and so does his ability to manage the mental health of injured players.

I'm posting too many times in a row here, but anyway...

I think what Trac is most annoyed about in all this is there's no respect for the mental side of injury recovery.

The club being weird about Trac after his injury saying he could be back for finals, and then Trac saying no on his socials and then deleting it was a bit jarring. I don't think we gave any respect to Trac's mental wellbeing after going through a life-threatening injury.

I think he would've been fine about going back on because that was the information at hand, if we then took it seriously after and said this guy is going to take time to recover and we're going to focus on supporting that.

Whether it's resilience or Goody just being mr foootball and thinking that's priority, regardless I can see why both Trac would feel un-cared for and Angus wouldn't want to be around.

There's plenty of messages around from Goody to the previous doctor about pushing Angus to play when he still had concussion symptoms. That hasn't been linked to the Trac situation yet, but I think it should be.

We've seen from selection plenty of times that players are forced out there before they should be. That worked one time that's visible with May in the GF, but 99 times out of 100 forcing a player back before they're physically & mentally ready will hurt the team and break down the player over time.

Goody's game-plan sucks and so does his ability to manage the mental health of injured players.
He has to go. Simple as that

Put aside Oliver making a mess of his life and the club putting him on a rehab program at work so to speak , I think the handling of his injuries during the year was crap as well . Obviously not fit enough for the start of the season , then his hand , took weeks before surgery to fix it , then rushed back , then basically just kept playing him till finally put him in for surgery again . Then the other injuries, the only thing I don’t get is the players publicly covering Goodwins arse when he would be the main voice getting players back on the park instead of being conservative with their return. I also think partly the crash and bash style has finally caught up with a few players . There’s no guarantee Oliver can get back to anywhere near his best , no guarantee Trac can overcome what appears to be mental as well as physical issues to play , let alone get back to his best. Gawn is not getting younger, neither is May , neither is Viney . It’s mind boggling they believe all is good and she’ll be right . Lloyd was talking about our forwards issues nearly 2 years ago , how Goodwin isn’t grilled about the way we are playing etc can’t continue. 3 Grand Finals in 60 years for 1 flag is not good enough!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back