Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s really hard to win a flag. I hope the swans showed some of the doomsday crew here that Goodwin has always put us in a position to win in finals. Embarrassing day for swans with the team they have. Hopefully a good rest and an easier fixture, we have another crack next year

It’s really hard to win a flag. I hope the swans showed some of the doomsday crew here that Goodwin has always put us in a position to win in finals. Embarrassing day for swans with the team they have. Hopefully a good rest and an easier fixture, we have another crack next year
Put us in a position to win, but more often than not (and completely since 2021) unable to actually win them.

Put us in a position to win, but more often than not (and completely since 2021) unable to actually win them.
Yeah the angst would be a lot less if we'd made a prelim in one of those years but at this point I just want to go to the footy and not be bored shitless.

Yeah the angst would be a lot less if we'd made a prelim in one of those years but at this point I just want to go to the footy and not be bored shitless.
Your Angst is important bluey but if you want a skilful team then Trac, Clarry and vines out the door. We’re bulls, be a bull or not

Your Angst is important bluey but if you want a skilful team then Trac, Clarry and vines out the door. We’re bulls, be a bull or not
Got nothing to do with what I said.

Longmire choosing to play with 3 mediocre talls up forward, one with an injury, was very Goodwin tbh
The Swans started the game with an extra in defence and turned the ball over about 5 times with junk forward 50 entries in the first qtr. I think that cooked them cause they couldn’t adjust from there.

The Swans started the game with an extra in defence and turned the ball over about 5 times with junk forward 50 entries in the first qtr. I think that cooked them cause they couldn’t adjust from there.
Yeah their pathetic forward 50 entries sucked the life out of them and then Brisbane made them pay. Seen this script a hundred times with the Dees. Waste all that energy no reward, the other team goes up the other end and takes the momentum.

Have you not seen us cram Petty, JVR and Turner into the same forward line for the backhalf of the year

I think the comment with Dory is saying is naming cooked players to play in big games where you need your fittest. Goodwin got away with it once but paid with it Petracca in 2022 and Oliver in 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposite to Goodwin. We play with 2 talls if that
  • Jackson, McDonald, Brown
  • Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • Grundy, JVR, McDonald
  • McDonald, JVR, Brown
  • McDonald, Brown, Smith
  • Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Turner

That's just a few combos from the past three seasons. Sure I've missed a few

• Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • Grundy, JVR, McDonald
  • McDonald, JVR, Brown
  • McDonald, Brown, Smith
  • Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Turner

Old mate was banging on about how good our 'three-headed-monster' played after the gold coast game. Plus he's a self-admitted troll. He's here to get a reaction.

• Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • Grundy, JVR, McDonald
  • McDonald, JVR, Brown
  • McDonald, Brown, Smith
  • Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Turner

Don't forget Fritch and Melk who both play as marking forwards with little pressure or ground ball skills

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wish I could have access to a big question mark react

• Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • Grundy, JVR, McDonald
  • McDonald, JVR, Brown
  • McDonald, Brown, Smith
  • Grundy, JVR, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Brown
  • JVR, Petty, Turner

I really admire the research and actual facts you bring to posting.

I go with emotion, or boredom, and neither produce facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back