Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

really? I just thought he was bizarre. If that’s the case then I need to get some value from the ignore function
Yeah he's talked about winding people up in the past.

You not watch us this year?

We played with Turner, JVR and Petty for majority the year.
yes watched a bit dazzle. I see JVR and petty as key position players but turner is somewhat hybrid for mine. He’ll never hold down a key position but he’s quick on the rebound, nice mark and kick and doesn’t seem over awed by any opponent

Also, interesting that 2 of the biggest afl clubs have taken our assistance on as head coaches. Just an observation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see how he was getting sacked anytime before the end of 2025. Flag in 21, finals in 22 & 23. Drop off this year. I mean, really? Goodwin will likely fulfill his contract without a hiccup.

Whilst I don’t necessarily agree with it, there’s no way he goes after that premiership.

He will absolutely be sacked next year if we are doing poorly 2/3 through the season. The financial drain that the club already experienced this year from lower crowds and membership drop will only get worse if we are crap. He is contracted till end of 2026, club won't let it run that long even if they love him.

I can’t see how he was getting sacked anytime before the end of 2025. Flag in 21, finals in 22 & 23. Drop off this year. I mean, really? Goodwin will likely fulfill his contract without a hiccup.

Whilst I don’t necessarily agree with it, there’s no way he goes after that premiership.
Poor performances + star players disgruntled and pushing for a trade, there's no way he survives. The club turning into a binfire has not helped Goodwin. Even if he's not copping the blame for it now he is going to be expected to turn it around.

He will absolutely be sacked next year if we are doing poorly 2/3 through the season. The financial drain that the club already experienced this year from lower crowds and membership drop will only get worse if we are crap. He is contracted till end of 2026, club won't let it run that long even if they love him.
Really? The WB never sacked LB after poor years post 2016. I don’t think Melbourne has the professionalism to be honest to be able to;

A. Sack our first premiership coach in 60 years
B. Identify an adequate replacement
C. Work out how to get back into premiership contention in minimal time

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back