Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Profound insight from the great man tonight (and I am not even joking):

"The circuit breaker is wins, and if those wins don't come the circuit breaker is bodies" (sic)
I wait patiently for the reference to Mad Max III Beyond Thunderdome.

When he calls for the chant “Two Men Enter…One Man Leave” life will be complete

Profound insight from the great man tonight (and I am not even joking):

"The circuit breaker is wins, and if those wins don't come the circuit breaker is bodies" (sic)

I’ve thought long and hard about that statement…and I still don’t understand what it means.☹️

I’ve thought long and hard about that statement…and I still don’t understand what it means.☹️
I think the original poster misheard and maybe incorrectly transcribed the missive.

I listened back and believe that this is more accurate:

"The circuit breaker is Winfields, and if those Winfields don't come the circuit breaker is Beers."

I can't believe some people in the downfall of fox footy thread want TGO gone from 360.
What you have to remember, at all times, is that most people on this website and indeed on this planet are sickos.

It would’ve been a trying night for TGO. Sometime this arvo he will awake from his slumber, clear the vb cans and eat the half eaten chicken kabab for breakfast. Before sitting down write the latest proverb.
The nerdling will be nervous as TGO will be coming on off the long run on Monday

Now, Gerald, LARA Kane, we we we don't want an apology. We just want it fixed. How much, how many times have that, has that been called dlibrit. ONE. ONE other time. Disgracing. Just disgracement Gerard. And she's come out tomorrow with corporate badger words, badger words Gerard, and it's not gunna change the game and just makes us more confused. Whats happenin to this game we love. Badger words.

It would’ve been a trying night for TGO. Sometime this arvo he will awake from his slumber, clear the vb cans and eat the half eaten chicken kabab for breakfast. Before sitting down write the latest proverb.
The nerdling will be nervous as TGO will be coming on off the long run on Monday
Cometh the hour…cometh the man, I no longer have limits on his greatness or the levels he well get to, but I will say this…this is a tinderbox of fuel that is waiting to explode tomorrow night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, Gerald, LARA Kane, we we we don't want an apology. We just want it fixed. How much, how many times have that, has that been called dlibrit. ONE. ONE other time. Disgracing. Just disgracement Gerard. And she's come out tomorrow with corporate badger words, badger words Gerard, and it's not gunna change the game and just makes us more confused. Whats happenin to this game we love. Badger words.
Lara is going to cop it if the ramblings in the Hun are any guide...

1. What’s your decision?

Laura Kane’s tenure as head of footy has its second on-field crisis. The first was the umpiring which prompted AFL intervention mid-season. The second crisis is the umpiring, post intervention, which demands a full review at the end of the season. If footy was politics, a royal commission would be held. Coaches have bitten their tongues all season, although North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson is never one to keep his mouth shut. He was perturbed, as most football watchers were, when Bulldog Cody Weightman acted more like a trapeze artist than a footballer on Saturday. Weightman earns respect for his ability but not for his theatrics. On Saturday night, the Bombers were stiffed by umpiring decisions in an incredulous third quarter. The bewildering decisions swung momentum and ultimately helped shape the result.

We wrote two weeks back that, in nearly 30 years of covering footy, the umpiring had not been in more disarray. That opinion has not changed. The Sam Draper decision was simply a mistake, and the Jye Menzie penalty for running the ball through the goals seemed harsh because pressure was behind him. The conflict lies, however, with what is prior opportunity and what is incorrect disposal. The non-payment of a free kick against Geelong’s Tom Stewart was exactly the new interpretation of having prior opportunity. And the free kick against Jordan Ridley was exactly the opposite of the new interpretation of having prior opportunity. There were some curious calls made in the Saints-Power game on Sunday, too, which Fox Footy commentator Gerard Healy at one stage called a disgrace. The new interpretations were supposed to make the game better, yet players are confused, coaches are bemused and fans simply want clarity and consistency. A review is desperately needed.

2, So, where to start?

Working out what prior opportunity is priority No. 1. Do we have it or even dump it? Rushed behinds is anyone’s guess. Push in the back, either in a marking contest or as players mass on the ground is rubbery. Throws and not handballs are commonplace. Short kicks are paid marks when they haven’t travelled the required distance. Often, players are able to run parallel to the opponent standing on the mark and kick the ball, either without the umpiring calling play-on or the man on the mark not hearing the umpire call play on. The stand rule is rigid in one game and elastic in the next. We have a sport where interpretation of the rules from four umpires is different from game to game. So, it’s little wonder there’s confusion and anger in the game. Former coach Rodney Eade has a good idea. Let’s get the AFL, coaching and player reps, and the umpires together, ask the umpire what are the five most difficult aspects of the game to umpire and try to work out collectively how best to deal with them. At the very least, the AFL should concede that there is a problem. That would be a start.

Last edited:
Tom Hawkins "I'm 35, you do get a little bit worried and my mindset has shifted"
TGO "You're 36, have you made a decision about whether you continue playing next year?"

TGO evidently has a superior memory and recalls THAT birthday party that Tom Hawkins has chosen to forget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back