Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

That sad part is that jack could have had two 5 goal hauls this season and sat around 22 goals and that would have been pretty decent tally for him and people wouldn't be on his tail as much. If he converted atleast 2-3 of those yesterday, he would have been our bog easily.

Actually at times I feel a bit sorry for him, as it must make him lose his confidence at times when he stuffs up - I think that could be his main issue since the 2915 GF, ie lacking in confidence. Needs a good Psychologist to sort himself out.

Actually at times I feel a bit sorry for him, as it must make him lose his confidence at times when he stuffs up - I think that could be his main issue since the 2915 GF, ie lacking in confidence. Needs a good Psychologist to sort himself out.
Not sure he'll be playing then but I like your optimism!

Agree though, thought he was a little better on the w/e. At least he was one of the few that hit a contest or 2.

There was a moment in the first quarter. Where an essendon player was bout to kick inside 50 and darling had a chance to lay the wood on him. But instead he almost tries to avoid any contact.

I reckon darling is not a key forward but should be played in Lecras role as the third tall.
Would take the pressure off him to perform and free him up to be an x factor for us.
Next year Vardy CHF and Kennedy ff with darling in the pocket.

I've been banging on about it for years now that his best position is not as a CHF. Better as a high half forward and deep pocket player but it is only my own opinion.

It's only one game but it is his most recent so I'm going to say he should not have played against Essendon yesterday.

Obviously there was a major issue within his family life that made him travel late to Melbourne, seems to have resolved itself now however there is more to life than footy/ work and I would've given him the opportunity to stay home and played Hill.

I've been banging on about it for years now that his best position is not as a CHF. Better as a high half forward and deep pocket player but it is only my own opinion.

It's only one game but it is his most recent so I'm going to say he should not have played against Essendon yesterday.

Obviously there was a major issue within his family life that made him travel late to Melbourne, seems to have resolved itself now however there is more to life than footy/ work and I would've given him the opportunity to stay home and played Hill.

Think I heard his partner was close to having a baby?
I'm sure I heard that on the radio.
I could be wrong.

Think I heard his partner was close to having a baby?
I'm sure I heard that on the radio.
I could be wrong.

His wife is 28 wks pregnant with there first.

There was some issues late last week with a possible premature birth and he was seen at the hospital on the evening that the rest of the team had flown out.

He missed the team training session on Saturday so I'm guessing he was in transit to Melbourne than. Not an ideal preparation for the game.

If it was a final i would probably feel differently because of the enormity of the game but for a standard regular season fixture like Essendon was I wouldn't have sent him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how I feel about Jack..... he always plays for the free and does buckle under pressure. In his first year at AFL level showed a lot of promise , but that chase and hunger for the ball seemed to fade away.

Needs more ninja flips and less playing for free kicks.. usually he ends up going to ground and his opponent keeps his feet and gathers the ball. Remember his 2011 and 2012 seasons? he'd run down players all the time.
I can forgive any missed goal kicking because he's usually very good, its the staging that pisses me off the most its laughable.

Don't you hate when you want a bloke to be dropped then one of your good players get injured and the other player stays by default !

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back