News The Day Has Finally Arrived.. It's Redpath Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't expect Jack to do a whole lot to be honest but if he lets Crammers and Stringer get off the leash then his spot will be justified.

So no pressure then. Just come in and play your first game against Taylor or Lonergan. No bigs. I hope he plays well. It'd be good for everyone. I'll still have my reservations but let's see!!!

Should have played last week against James "$800k" Frawley....he would have kicked ten.

If Melbourne don't tell that fraud "here's $350, take it or leave it" they've got rocks in their head.

Anyway - go Big Jack.

They need to give Jack more than one game - tough side to debut against but he will be great for structure

I am rather pleased.

(Interestingly, on the list of most goals on debut, our own Bill Wood is second with 9 goals in 1944 against the Pies, and as stated earlier, Georgiades is 4th.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good man Jack. You've been knocking down the door for weeks and now you can kick a few snags and snap some necks.

He is one mean looking bastard too. Wish he'd played last week so he could've fixed Lynden Dunn's face.

what if Campbell comes in as well? :eek:
Now that would be something. I would love to see Jones, Campbell, and Redpath. That really sounds like a normal AFL structure then the mini fleet we put out each week with the single tall jones getting monstered by three tall backs all game. With only one tall it means the other tall backs can rotate on him and just run him into the ground.
Even Melbourne had three genuine tall forwards. Roos understands structure but Wallace, Eade, and now Macca don't seem to.

Now that would be something. I would love to see Jones, Campbell, and Redpath. That really sounds like a normal AFL structure then the mini fleet we put out each week with the single tall jones getting monstered by three tall backs all game. With only one tall it means the other tall backs can rotate on him and just run him into the ground.
Even Melbourne had three genuine tall forwards. Roos understands structure but Wallace, Eade, and now Macca don't seem to.

Thats just far too tall only 2 of them can fit in and Jones has to be one of them. Our forward 50 pressure would be shot to bits having both Redpath and Campbell as tall forwards. In all likelyhood we could only fit two of Crameri/Stringer/Grant in the side as well, athough Grant as sub wouldn't be the worst option as we could sub Campbell/Jones/Minson off and still have a geniune ruckman or also push stringer/crameri in the middle or back (provided Stringer gets a bit fitter).

If over this next 3 weeks Redpath just doesn't work then I think this is the most appropriate setup.

Crameri, Jones, Dahl
Campbell/Grant, Stringer, Rotating mid (Hrovat, Stevens etc)

If Redpath shows hes up to it...

Crameri, Jones, Dahl
Redpath, Stringer, (rotated mids)

Grant as sub

Over this 3 week period we can weigh up the pros and cons as having another full time key forward (Redpath) and Jones 2nd ruck or a part time forward (Campbell) but a far better 2nd ruck.

lol

or maybe we don't have enough options
considering we were playing Williams up as a KPF, seems pretty desperate
and Campbell last time he came in against Adelaide, he looked cooked after a half or so
deserves another chance though

Sorry, but that is just wrong. Wallace recruited Minton-Connell, and later Bandy. He played forward lines with Grant and Darcy plus either Cook or Minton-Connell (a few times both). Eade wanted a tall forward, but rightly wanted a quality one. Sadly, it took too long to land Hall, but he knew we needed one, just couldn't get his hands on a decent one. Wallace also initially traded for Hunter as a forward. Eade also played Darcy forward, but Darce did his knee.

Remove this Banner Ad

News The Day Has Finally Arrived.. It's Redpath Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back