THE ENGINE...its where we win games...its very simple

Remove this Banner Ad

Kobi

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 19, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Our engine room has carried us for two years running last season Lynch stepped up but I suspect he'll be marked very closely this season we need other fwd options..lets hope Johnson Hurn and others like lecras take thier opportunities and we become a well rounded team.

Yeah its great we have Kerr Cousins embley judd...its as good as Voss, aker Balck and co.....but we need to produce fwds this season again...lets hope it happenes

Our engine room has carried us for two years running last season Lynch stepped up but I suspect he'll be marked very closely this season we need other fwd options..lets hope Johnson Hurn and others like lecras take thier opportunities and we become a well rounded team.

Yeah its great we have Kerr Cousins embley judd...its as good as Voss, aker Balck and co.....but we need to produce fwds this season again...lets hope it happenes

Two observations

We win games in the engine room?! With that level of footballing analysis and observational ability, please, stop posting on bigfooty and go get a job with channel 7. Your brilliance is wasted on us. Go forth!

Secondly,which Johnson were you referring to? Paul Johnson, Kane Johnson, Mitch Johnson or Johnson & Johnson no more tears? Can't see any of them making a huge difference to our forward line.

Our engine room has carried us for two years running
You're overlooking some handy players who have played in defence.

Glass, Wirrpanda and Hunter have made pretty important contributions.

But overall, our midfield does win us a lot of games. That's pretty obvious.

When our crack 8-man midfield played together last season, we went undefeated.

soory meant brown not johnson...my point is the midfeild carried us when the games were on the line....They cant do that forever.

Lest hope hurn and staker seaby and others step up this season. All looks good.

soory meant brown not johnson...my point is the midfeild carried us when the games were on the line....They cant do that forever.

Lest hope hurn and staker seaby and others step up this season. All looks good.

Give him the oppurtunity and he will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

must agree, the backline has step up a notch towards the midfield which i think made the eagles win it, also the present of John Worsfold is very priceless for the West Coast Eagles club!!! is he up in the hall of fall in the West coast club rooms yet?? he is an inspiration for his players, suppoprtors and anyone else that knows him!!!!

You know I was totally expecting to see blind praise for everything about your side's makeup on this forum but I'm pleasantly surprised, most of you blokes call it like it is (I've had some bad experiences with a few West Coast supporters).

From an outsider's perspective I've always thought that you've been very much carried by a sensational midfield, to the extent that everyone ignores the clear issues elsewhere on the ground. Lynch struggles against quality key defenders, will be interesting to see if that changes this year. Your defense is solid but not on the Sydney/Crows level, and the forward line is highly suspect.

You've been really lucky in the past couple of seasons to have a very nearly full strength outfit for finals. We crowies have lost several crucial players at the worst possible times :(. That's the concern - what if your luck turns this year? The Eagles get badly exposed when missing a Judd or a Kerr, if you're unlucky enough to have it happen at crunch time, things may get tough. Take it from a crows supporter: luck is your best friend :(

You know I was totally expecting to see blind praise for everything about your side's makeup on this forum but I'm pleasantly surprised, most of you blokes call it like it is (I've had some bad experiences with a few West Coast supporters).

From an outsider's perspective I've always thought that you've been very much carried by a sensational midfield, to the extent that everyone ignores the clear issues elsewhere on the ground. Lynch struggles against quality key defenders, will be interesting to see if that changes this year. Your defense is solid but not on the Sydney/Crows level, and the forward line is highly suspect.

You've been really lucky in the past couple of seasons to have a very nearly full strength outfit for finals. We crowies have lost several crucial players at the worst possible times :(. That's the concern - what if your luck turns this year? The Eagles get badly exposed when missing a Judd or a Kerr, if you're unlucky enough to have it happen at crunch time, things may get tough. Take it from a crows supporter: luck is your best friend :(

I think SpringChoke from the Adelaide board summed it up nicely.

West Coast:

Midfield - Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Embley, Braun etc - The best midfield in the competition. Better than ours.

Rucks - Cox - The best ruckman in the competition. Seaby - more than handy second string ruckman. Better than ours.

Backs - Glass - All Australian, Wirra - All Australian. If their backlines not one of the best in the business it's in the top 5. With Johncock, McLeod, Bassett and Rutten ours is probably marginally better. Both clubs lack a dominant CHB.

Forwards - I would prefer their tall forwards (Hansen, Lynch and cameos from Hunter )over our tall forwards in Perrie, McGregor, Bock. However, I think our forward line is marginally better when you throw in a fully fit Burton and Roo.

Lynch struggles against quality key defenders, will be interesting to see if that changes this year.
Didnt he kick 4 on Rutten? As well as big totals on Presti/Wakelin, Harris, Fletcher and Michael.

Ive done the sums in the past and he is a bit less effective against the top quality defenders or defences, but I would like you to point out a full forward that isn't...

All I know is when you lose one of your gun midfielders it seems to hurt you a lot more than any other club in the comp.

We still do alright when our gun midfielders are out. IMO you're still underrating the rest of the team. Our only weakness would be the forward line, but even that has taken huge steps since 2005. Your forward line is nothing special either.

Remove this Banner Ad

THE ENGINE...its where we win games...its very simple

Remove this Banner Ad

Back