The Finals Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the beginning of the finals my order of preference was been

Adelaide (wasn't here for 97/98 and Taliagate was a nuisance plus I love Eddie Betts
Richmond (would be #1 but I have annoying in laws who are supporters and weren't happy for the Dogs last year)

Daylight

Port
West Coast
Essendon

Geelong (tired of seeing them and don't like the Scott brothers)
Sydney (as above plus whinging about last year from supporters)

Daylight

Night

More daylight

GWS (all the usual reasons)

So go Crows or Tigers!

Hate the plastics but dislike Richmond supporters right now.

So plastics to win then lose to Adelaide
I like it...it it happens. There's a strong part of me that wants to see them lose on the big stage (either close or blow-out, not sure), but the conservative part of me doesn't want them anywhere near a GF and regardless of the Tigers supporters I'd rather them than GWS

If GWS wins, we'll have to put up with all three Plastics supporters in Melbourne. Imagine what it would be like if...

Do you know (remember) what it was like in 1990? I was afeared to leave my house for a week after that one day in October.
Every time they post from now on give them some tips on how to tick the boxes that contain street signs they are not real just AFL robots!!

upload_2017-9-18_16-39-39.jpeg

So who is everyone's tips for this week? I'm torn re GWS- part of me sympathises with Richmond supporters but I'd love to see our biggest threat (GWS) win in a year that we can't...

I think its a Crows/GWS final. The potential for the Tigers to choke is massive and the Giants will field their pressure line-up that slaughtered Melbourne and the Eagles last week. If they are smart they dump Stevie J too and go all in on matching the Tigers so forward pressure.

I think its a Crows/GWS final. The potential for the Tigers to choke is massive and the Giants will field their pressure line-up that slaughtered Melbourne and the Eagles last week. If they are smart they dump Stevie J too and go all in on matching the Tigers so forward pressure.
Could be the first player in history to kick 6.0 and get dropped the following week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see Jack and Alex looking like this on Saturday evening:

2lasair.jpg

I feel dirty but I'm completely behind GWS winning on Sat night.

I think they'll do it too. Previous close prelim loss trumps 90,000 fans. They'll all be pretty quiet by the 3rd quarter, I'll bet.

I like the Tigers fans whinging about getting ripped off for tickets by scalpers. Buy a membership clowns. Every member had access to tickets- only non-members are buying on ebay.

Imagine the clamour for GF tickets if they get through. They might break the internets

Don't like the direction this thread has taken recently. Sure, the Tiges can be a bunch of tiresome boofheads, but they are still an honest to god Victorian football club. Have you all forgotten what GWS are? This is the organisation that was designed to ruin honest to god Victorian football clubs, like us! A soulless, gutless, classless entity, propped up by corrupt overlords, who employ the worst thugs and campaigners in the league and see nothing wrong with poaching a team's captain and laughing at them as they struggle with the aftermath. They are the giant (geddit?) middle finger of the AFL pointing squarely at every other team and supporter base. Can't believe there is any circumstance that any of us could possibly wish this filth well, they deserve to be utterly destroyed and the earth salted where they lie!

TL/DR: Tiges by plenty. Don't mind them being pantsed in the GF though!

Don't like the direction this thread has taken recently. Sure, the Tiges can be a bunch of tiresome boofheads, but they are still an honest to god Victorian football club. Have you all forgotten what GWS are? This is the organisation that was designed to ruin honest to god Victorian football clubs, like us! A soulless, gutless, classless entity, propped up by corrupt overlords, who employ the worst thugs and campaigners in the league and see nothing wrong with poaching a team's captain and laughing at them as they struggle with the aftermath. They are the giant (geddit?) middle finger of the AFL pointing squarely at every other team and supporter base. Can't believe there is any circumstance that any of us could possibly wish this filth well, they deserve to be utterly destroyed and the earth salted where they lie!

TL/DR: Tiges by plenty. Don't mind them being pantsed in the GF though!

Yeah I'm torn. Part of the reason I'm going for GWS is because I'm a campaigner who doesn't like watching the narrative script go the way as expected. I like upsets.

Also, a non-sellout GF might make the AFL realise their ridiculous concessions to a startup franchise were plain wrong

Rita Panahi's latest article made me smile:

On the one hand the Giants have put together a formidable side that made a preliminary final in only their fourth season and will play in another on Saturday. On the other they are a soulless, supporter-less, synthetic club that will strip Grand Final week of all its magic by their mere presence.

On the one hand the Giants have put together a formidable side that made a preliminary final in only their fourth season and will play in another on Saturday. On the other they are a soulless, supporter-less, synthetic club that will strip Grand Final week of all its magic by their mere presence.
Last year was the Giants' 5th season. At least if they make the GF, getting tickets should be fairly easy ;)

Yeah I'm torn. Part of the reason I'm going for GWS is because I'm a campaigner who doesn't like watching the narrative script go the way as expected. I like upsets.

Also, a non-sellout GF might make the AFL realise their ridiculous concessions to a startup franchise were plain wrong
Fair enough to your second point. But as for scripts, we're talking NINTHmond here...what could be more off-narrative than them getting anywhere near the GF?

Im going to the beach and await the apocalypse that is sure to ensue when one of Adelaide, Geelong, Richmond or GWS win this years flag.

I honestly cannot muster any enthusiasm for any of these teams. The only saving grace is that two of them will be gone by Saturday night and another a week later. Ill be happy enough if Richmond is one of those side.

giphy.gif

If they happened to beat the Tigers there may be even less Giants' supporters when the crowd turns ugly/uglier :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Finals Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Back