Roast The flogs in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't let this article slide

http://www.perthnow.com.au/archive/...y-could-backfire/story-fn81knqo-1226608374058

No doubt there were a few questionable decisions made in the trade period but what a joke of an article. Brings up a bunch of questions that have been answered by people at the club on multiple occasions.

Why did he spend so much time forward in the second half of last year? He is an out-and-out backman.
Maybe because we had solid tall backline players coming out of our arses and had no tall forward-line presence after Clark went down. Rivers has shown he can play either end.

Stupid lines like this:
In the trade/free agency window, you replaced them with Chris Dawes, Shannon Byrnes, David Rodan, Cam Pedersen and Tom Gillies, all of whom played second-tier football at stages of last season.

standing next to this

Martin has the height and frame for AFL football, even if his output so far has not been where it should be. At Brisbane, he might achieve his potential.

So were criticised for bringing 'second-tier' players into the club but also criticised for getting rid of our own second-tier players.

Neeld rightly wanted to change the culture of the playing list. Heaven knows it needed it. Good on him for having the courage of his convictions.

But on raw numbers the club is clearly further back in terms of talent than it was at the start of last season.

What numbers are these?

I couldn't let this article slide

http://www.perthnow.com.au/archive/...y-could-backfire/story-fn81knqo-1226608374058

No doubt there were a few questionable decisions made in the trade period but what a joke of an article. Brings up a bunch of questions that have been answered by people at the club on multiple occasions.

Maybe because we had solid tall backline players coming out of our arses and had no tall forward-line presence after Clark went down. Rivers has shown he can play either end.

Stupid lines like this:

standing next to this

So were criticised for bringing 'second-tier' players into the club but also criticised for getting rid of our own second-tier players.

What numbers are these?

holy crap this guy is a flog.

God I hope we prove everyone in the media wrong this year.
gee , they hate us enough now and we are a bottom side, you don't see them continuously bagging gws and gc, it doesn't even seem as though others sides dislike us, but for some reason the media just want us to crash and burn.

Honestly, look at that face:

Glenn-McFarlane.jpg

Spot on.

What I hate about this is no one eats their words, they just start saying the opposite and talking about what a 'feel good' story it is.

They're never accountable when they spill out complete dribble. They'll ignore it and move on, like they do any other time they are wrong.

Yeah, saw that.

It wasn't even good enough to be shit. Anyone reading it would have just thought dafuq is he on about. This all happened 4 months ago.

The only response he deserves is who ate all the pies!

Going into it I expected it to be about the 7 club debutantes or something which I initially scoffed at the idea of as Port have the exact same amount. But no it was an article about shit that happened months and months ago. He's basically just parroting Damien Barrett, which is pretty sad.

The Age is sadly descending into HUN territory every time they decide to write another story about us. It's really quite sad.

Yep, sports journalism in the Rinehart & Murdoch press is equally bad- just as wretched as their political reportage these days.

And it seems like the evil-doers are teaming up now...

hbaxnWn.jpg

Where are the Photoshops replacing whoever the 'gangster' is with Al Capone, Chopper Read, Bin Laden etc.. etc..?

Thought I'd take it a little further ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin has the height and frame for AFL football, even if his output so far has not been where it should be. At Brisbane, he might achieve his potential.
4 disposals, 1 mark, 1 tackle, and 4 hit-outs. Look at all that potential that has been achieved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back