Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point re the money, however with the salary cap constantly increasing we will see blokes like reid earning double that in a few years. One average season shouldn’t be the point to jump off for a bloke with all his accolades
It's not just one average season though is it? He pissed away his last season, lost the trust of his teammates and nearly got traded.

I'm not even saying he won't come good, just think it's okay to have high expectations and demand more from one of our stars.

I think hes basically untradable with that contract unless we ate 2 or 3 of the years so think we are stuck regardless. Cant see us moving him next offseason, last offseason was the chance, gonna have to hold and hope he comes good.

Good point re the money, however with the salary cap constantly increasing we will see blokes like reid earning double that in a few years. One average season shouldn’t be the point to jump off for a bloke with all his accolades

I didn't say jump off yet, but if he is like this next year with a full preseason we will need to trade him.

I think hes basically untradable with that contract unless we ate 2 or 3 of the years so think we are stuck regardless. Cant see us moving him next offseason, last offseason was the chance, gonna have to hold and hope he comes good.

We can definitely trade the contract but I reckon we'd have to give him up for effectively nothing.

I think hes basically untradable with that contract unless we ate 2 or 3 of the years so think we are stuck regardless. Cant see us moving him next offseason, gonna have to hold and hope he comes good.
You might be able to con a bottom team to take him since they have to pay the cap money anyway. Yeo getting the offfer he did from the Crows shows that teams with so-so lists have money to burn.

Won't happen though as the club is back in love with him.

We can definitely trade the contract but I reckon we'd have to give him up for effectively nothing.
With 6 years to run? With this current output with Oliver on his best behaviour? Way too much risk given his play isnt elite and he could fall off the wagon at any time, even for nothing.

Harvest Snaps Max won by 25m it was insane, could have been Usain Bolt in there.

Demon Dash the punter absolutely smoked Langdon. Conned Robbo into getting a headstart and never looked back.

Schache was also interviewed and is a)alive and b)injured apparently. Can't wait for his retirement lap of honour.

That is this week's #ATG report for your friendly reporter, Demon Attack.

Harvest Snaps Max won by 25m it was insane, could have been Usain Bolt in there.

Demon Dash the punter absolutely smoked Langdon. Conned Robbo into getting a headstart and never looked back.

Schache was also interviewed and is a)alive and b)injured apparently. Can't wait for his retirement lap of honour.

Thanks, I took Sherrin in the poll, very disappointing run.

You just earned yourself a follower, friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's my current whipping boy and I'm not even a huge hater of his.

He's just so slow of mind at the moment. No instinctive play at all.

To be fair to him he's just played out of position a lot of the time. Some mids provide good value at half forward, he has never been one of them other than that he's a surprisingly good shot for goal considering he's an average field kick.

I bet he'd be a good B-grade midfielder for another side, but in our team he just goes week after week contributing not very much at all because he's in the side to be the spare mid in case Viney or Oliver go down. But when we need impact in the middle during a game he's behind Pickett and ANB so he mainly just plays out of position on half forward.

I just see absolutely no reason why Woewodin doesn't get his spot and Sparrow can be sub.

Sparrow with 22 pressure acts, 5 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 80% by foot, 5 tackles. Had 1 CBA.

Reckon some are defaulting into whipping boy status for the same players again because we won and they're struggling to find things to complain about. Boring stuff. Sparrow was fine, that's his role and level, and if you're judging Oliver against his salary and history then not sure why it's different rules for Sparrow.

Not sure what your point is but sure, let's judge them the same. Sparrow was another dumb contract, could find a replacement for what he does no worries. Woey would be on about 20% of his deal and could do the same.

Sparrow with 22 pressure acts, 5 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 80% by foot, 5 tackles. Had 1 CBA.

Reckon some are defaulting into whipping boy status for the same players again because we won and they're struggling to find things to complain about. Boring stuff. Sparrow was fine, that's his role and level, and if you're judging Oliver against his salary and history then not sure why it's different rules for Sparrow.

I think the fact that he's a pure midfielder attending 1 centre bounce and only having 1 goal assist playing forward explains pretty clearly why week in week out he doesn't have much impact and it would be better to try someone in the spot who has some more x-factor as a forward.

Personally don't have much of an opinion on Sparrow's game, barely noticed him. If he did his job that's fine but then you'd have to say that much like Oliver he's only just hitting a pass mark. The question then is whether he's the best player for his position. I think it would be worth exploring what Sestan or Tholstrup could do in the same role.

I think the fact that he's a pure midfielder attending 1 centre bounce and only having 1 goal assist playing forward explains pretty clearly why week in week out he doesn't have much impact and it would be better to try someone in the spot who has some more x-factor as a forward.

In terms of his heat map, which I get isn't a perfect measure, he was 63% defensive half, so I'm not sure he was playing as a forward at all tbh. Looked like he was playing a bit of defensive wing on the day, he definitely covered a lot of ground though. I don't disagree he doesn't have a huge impact, but that's the reality of where he sits in our team in terms of role.

I just don't get why people are so upset by him every week because for some reason they've put expectations on him that aren't realistic to his talent or place in the team.

Will be interesting later this year once they've got Sestan in line a bit more. With Billings now out, perhaps he gets a chance in place of Woey, Sparrow or Hunter. Out of those 3 though, I would think Goodwin would have Sparrow as least likely to come out.

Personally don't have much of an opinion on Sparrow's game, barely noticed him. If he did his job that's fine but then you'd have to say that much like Oliver he's only just hitting a pass mark. The question then is whether he's the best player for his position. I think it would be worth exploring what Sestan or Tholstrup could do in the same role.

Yeah can agree on that. Sparrow isn't setting the world on fire, but I hardly think he's been poor either, and certainly not enough so to deserve the weekly whippings on here. Find it bizarre he's been picked out given he's just a B/C grader, and that's all he's ever been anyway.

I'm definitely keen on Tholstrup, and you know I've gone on about Sestan, so could get interesting in a few weeks, but as above, gut feel is Goody would be looking at others out first before Sparrow.

Yeah can agree on that. Sparrow isn't setting the world on fire, but I hardly think he's been poor either, and certainly not enough so to deserve the weekly whippings on here. Find it bizarre he's been picked out given he's just a B/C grader, and that's all he's ever been anyway.

I'm definitely keen on Tholstrup, and you know I've gone on about Sestan, so could get interesting in a few weeks, but as above, gut feel is Goody would be looking at others out first before Sparrow.
I think you answered your own question there. He's in his six year and is b grade at best. Wouldn't say it's bizarre people want to see someone else. Like a Sestan or Tholstrup.

POTY.

Sep-05-2022%2B18-38-16.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back