the footy gods smiled

Remove this Banner Ad

every Carlton player out on the field was fantastic against those bastard eagles.

the footy gods smiled for a little while, but they aren't ready for us to return to our dominant days and they turned away at the last minute.

stick with it fellas.

I thought we were home, I honestly though that we were going to take one of the greatest wins the Carlton Football Cluv has seen.

I was watching the game, thinking of our happy I am going to be in 10 minutes time.

Bugger.

So proud of the boys though, I felt their pain, I had tears swelling up... yet you can absolutely see the light.

Denis and the Boys, great effort. I have one request though.... ***Play that style of footy for the next 12 games***

stokesy said:
I thought we were home, I honestly though that we were going to take one of the greatest wins the Carlton Football Cluv has seen.

I was watching the game, thinking of our happy I am going to be in 10 minutes time.

Bugger.

So proud of the boys though, I felt their pain, I had tears swelling up... yet you can absolutely see the light.

Denis and the Boys, great effort. I have one request though.... ***Play that style of footy for the next 12 games***
i hear you, but why try and shut it down?

saint13 said:
i hear you, but why try and shut it down?

We certainly did slow down with 5 minutes to go, we stopped taking as many chances and handballed a lot, to keep hold of the ball.

What we needed with 5 minutes to go, wasn't possesion of the ball, we had to kick a goal. I'm sure they tried too, but they were also thinking of the time.

can someone tell me did heat scotland have prior opportunity have in the last 1/4 when he got pinged in the centre. terrible decision imo. i hate umpires

as0l0 said:
every Carlton player out on the field was fantastic against those bastard eagles.

Yeah 'bastard' is not the operative word... But hopefully our endeavour showed a few other team how to beat them, starting with Houla's excellent hip n' shoulder on Rosa.

But yeah they are bastards. How arrogant were they in the first quarter. They thought they had it wrapped up, they didn't turn up to play. That makes me more angry, and that they ended up winning. But they won't win the flag, not if this **** weather here in Melbourne holds up. I mean, can you envisage they 'slick' midfielders handling a waterlogged ball? ..Remember THOSE days!!!

ShlomoGlickstein said:
Yeah 'bastard' is not the operative word... But hopefully our endeavour showed a few other team how to beat them, starting with Houla's excellent hip n' shoulder on Rosa.

But yeah they are bastards. How arrogant were they in the first quarter. They thought they had it wrapped up, they didn't turn up to play. That makes me more angry, and that they ended up winning. But they won't win the flag, not if this **** weather here in Melbourne holds up. I mean, can you envisage they 'slick' midfielders handling a waterlogged ball? ..Remember THOSE days!!!

Carlton were fantastic today, but mate, WCE are one of the best wet weather sides. Judd and Kerr especially just shine in the wet.

ShlomoGlickstein said:
Congrats on a great effort, I was one of the many West Coast supporters who clapped off the Carlton team.
In defence of my team though, they had an extremely tough game a long way from home last week, and have played hard physical footy for a month now. I dont think they were being arrogant and didn't turn up to play, I think they are just stuffed and are trying to hang on til the break for a much needed week off.

Kooley said:
can someone tell me did heat scotland have prior opportunity have in the last 1/4 when he got pinged in the centre. terrible decision imo. i hate umpires
Definitely no prior opportunity in that tackle. The worst decision in that last quarter, though, was the holding the ball paid against Bannister inside our 50. Several players handled the ball in the pack and it finally ended up almost under Bannister. The umpire standing about 20 metres away took a guess that Bannister had been in possession and paid the free kick. Eagles raced it down the other end and kicked a goal, starting a run of goals. If that wasn't bad enough they then got 3 holding the ball decisions (including the Scotland one) in the last few minutes. There were also two shockers earlier in the game. One where Simpson got run down but managed to get a handball away and one where Scotland got run down but still got his boot to the ball. That many red hot decisions in the one game reeks of home ground decision making.

I get sick of seeing umpires guessing who is in possession or if the ball has been disposed of incorrectly. They need to remember that they are not the stars of the game and butt out.

mediumsizered said:
Definitely no prior opportunity in that tackle. The worst decision in that last quarter, though, was the holding the ball paid against Bannister inside our 50. Several players handled the ball in the pack and it finally ended up almost under Bannister. The umpire standing about 20 metres away took a guess that Bannister had been in possession and paid the free kick. Eagles raced it down the other end and kicked a goal, starting a run of goals. If that wasn't bad enough they then got 3 holding the ball decisions (including the Scotland one) in the last few minutes. There were also two shockers earlier in the game. One where Simpson got run down but managed to get a handball away and one where Scotland got run down but still got his boot to the ball. That many red hot decisions in the one game reeks of home ground decision making.

I get sick of seeing umpires guessing who is in possession or if the ball has been disposed of incorrectly. They need to remember that they are not the stars of the game and butt out.

I agree, do they need to start umpiring to nature of the penalty rather than raules are rules are rules. What I mean is, a push in the back was intended to prevent people form doing unsportsman like , dangerous, tackles. So a push in the back that is a duibious nudge, an in-offensive hand, should be judged on its merit rather than merely blindly following the rule book. Perhaps on this same issue if they are not 100% certain then benefit of the doubt as in leg before wicket.

Your thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

the footy gods smiled

Remove this Banner Ad

Back