The game has gone past Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Useless as a forward unless we're dominating. No forward pressure and hardly troubles any handy defenders.

Too slow for the modern game when on a wing.

Sadly we only have 1 senior player worthy of being captain for their on field efforts and that's Mark Jamar.

I disagree. He's a victim of Bailey's lack of structure and gameplan.

Green was nearly AA last year. This year we simply can't get it into our F50 where he is predominantly playing. Because we have no gameplan or structure coming out of defense, a forward flank like Green has limited amount of opportunity to win the ball, and because of the pressure coming out of defense, he is generally having to deal with a poor rushed kick or is in a 1 on 2 contested situation.

I'd actually try him in defense now. He has courage and is a smart player, Uses the ball well, and we need good kicks and cool heads coming out of defense. And with the ball coming down there literally all game, he will get his hands on the pill, which he currently cannot find. Grimes into the middle and bring Petterd in to fill Green's spot up forward. Bailey couldn't come up with a move like that, because he has no idea on how to make moves, but Brad Green can still play football...

Sadly u may be right. Very bad tonight. Done a lot of bad and not much good

Not gonna lie, wish Junior and maybe even bruce was still around.

MB, that is a massive call.

He looked very good last year, and sure has started poorly this year but I have faith that at what 29/30 the game has far from gone past him.

I disagree. He's a victim of Bailey's lack of structure and gameplan.

I'd actually try him in defense now. He has courage and is a smart player, Uses the ball well, and we need good kicks and cool heads coming out of defense. And with the ball coming down there literally all game, he will get his hands on the pill, which he currently cannot find. Grimes into the middle and bring Petterd in to fill Green's spot up forward. Bailey couldn't come up with a move like that, because he has no idea on how to make moves, but Brad Green can still play football...

Spot on post

I'm with you Master Bate, I think he needs everything going his way to make a contribution. He's not quick and he's not big. He doesn't apply a lot of forward pressure and he has not set the example at all tonight, or this year for that matter. He has been a very good player for Melbourne but I don't think he is the man to lead Melbourne into a new era of success. After tonight's debacle I think we are at rebuilding stage again. Maybe think about appointing Trengove as captain next year? Get rid of Sylvia, Dunn, Davey, Bennell and see what draft picks we can get for them.

We all saw it last year with Brad Johnson.

Once you lose a yard as a mid sized forward who relies on getting loose and can't give much defensively you are gone!

I stand by this call.

Also absolutely pissed myself when his captains act of a smother was due to him falling over and headbutting the ball.

I'll never have a go at Brad personally, but I just don't see what he is adding to the team, especially when Ricky Petterd is ready to go in the team. If I thought it was due to Brad not having a go I'd be pissed with him, but I know he is giving his all, it's just not enough right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He at least did make me laugh when he tripped over smothered the kick with his head.

I think he was a suffered because the ball never came to him, why is a forward having to go into the back line for a kick to start with?

Pretty much everyone playing forward of the ball looks rubbish when we are trying this Pagan's paddock thing from the defensive 50. Not that I'm ruling out Green dropping off the pace but it's damn hard to tell right now.

I don't know, a sample size of 5 games isn't much, particularly when you consider his efforts from last year.

I'd agree that he's started the season slowly, but to say that the game has passed him by at this stage is going too far, at least in my view.

How come whenever someone plays a bad game these days the "game has passed them by"?

He is out of form, yes, but when you play as a full forward in a team getting 30 inside 50s, largely with shocking delivery, it's not going to help.

Suprised to hear you say that MB, I disagree. I'm on the structure/game plan train tonight.

Put Green in a forward line leading from the square and he is dangerous. Floating all over the ground trying to protect space and be one of 18 inside players in a zone we put ourselves into and he, like alot of other victims, will be made to look like puss.

I don't think the game has gone past him, however i have noticed him sooking to the umpires more this year. All of the Melbourne players actually. Looking for free kicks, complaining when they don't get one.

Here's something new, try being first for the ball for a change. Maybe then our luck might change.

Remove this Banner Ad

The game has gone past Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back