Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

^^ yeah true that. How about the judge in the first fight, not knowing that you could score a round 10-6 if there were 3 knockdowns... how the **** did that person become a professional judge? Even I know that shit. That was the difference between it being a draw and a Pacquiao win. I gotta watch those fights.

Wow, nice title defense, KO within the first round, Billy "The Kid" Dib, still the IBF Featherweight champion of the world.

He called out Chris John post fight also, in a respectful way, hopefully that fight happens soon.:thumbsu:

Dib has talent but is probably the luckiest world champion in boxing history. Lacierva was only an average walk up fighter that dib could back peddle and hit all night. Servidei hasn't really fought anyone world class before last night. If Dib thinks these types of fights will prepare him for Chris John, he's in for a big wake up call.

hey just getting of pac and dib for a sec. did anyone watch katsidis last fight? i was very disappointed. he never looked in the fight but i did see a good new prospect in burns. interesting to see if he can take some scalps after kats. seems like a nice kid. anyway i believe kats should hang them up. taken way too many shots, too many wars. his style of fighting just cut his career short tenfold imo. get out before your slurring buddy.

katsidis' defence needs some work. takes a lot of shots, and he cuts/swells easily which doesn't help his image! just read up that he felt tired/weak in that fight and he's thinking of moving up to junior welterweight. personally, his style is suited to the heavier weights, but he needs to get his defence sorted because there's only going to be harder punchers in the welterweight division.

didn't see the fight but it was a fight he was heavily favoured to win. was disappointed to hear that he lost. he's been taking on good competition in the states, perhaps that took a lot out of him

yeah i agree not everyone can fight till their late 30's/early 40's. theres a big chunk of fighters who hang them up quite young and i hope kats is one of them. and if he thinks he can re invent himself into more of a boxer who takes less punishment and fights on the outside i think thats an even worse move. brawlers such as hatton and danny green tried to "box" more later in their careers and it just wasnt them. a leopard cant change its spots.

anyone interested in cotto / margarito or
amir khan / peterson?? i always enjoy watching khan and the cotto fight should be blood and guts as always.

hell yeah i've got on Margarito to win by KO again. personally i think Cotto was mentally damaged in their first fight, damage that you don't necessarily recover from. i think it might've shown a little in the clottey fight, but moreso in the pacquiao fight when he went into survival mode after getting knocked down early.

margarito took A LOT of physical damage in his fight with pacquiao, and it could be just as big a set back, but he's got a massive heart and that confidence that he's already beaten cotto (loaded wraps or not). so i've bet on him to get up as the underdog. I could very well be wrong tho.

khan's just gonna destroy peterson isn't he?

yeah well your right about cotto being damaged i reckon,but although cotto was shaken up by the pacquiao knockdown he definetly looked ****en awesome early in that fight. nice and snappy and really matching it with pac before the knockdown i was really impressed. manny really did swarm on him after that though didnt he. but margarito was really just a big slow moving heavy bag for pacquiao throughout the whole fight haha. so i think its just gonna be the better handspeed(cotto) vs the better chin(margarito).

should be another nice stepping stone for khan. im sick of this pacquiao/mayweather bickering so hopefully if khan disposes of peterson in style he will get a shot at floyd imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah cotto v margarito should be a goodie. these guys genuinely don't like each other. Margarito is a bad ass. you seen the first 24/7 episode???

"Face off" was good too

[YOUTUBE]9zXxfbQ4Hpg[/YOUTUBE]

Cotto made some good points about the hand wraps of Margarito (in the 24/7 episode). The illegal one they took from Marg before the Mosley fight had that little red spot on it. The red shouldn't have been there because they should've been fresh wraps, meaning they were old. So basically the illegal wraps were possibly used in the Cotto fight because the redness is in the same area.

Sad news about Shannon Taylor, seems like he had a drug overdose and is a critical condition on life support.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-on-life-support/story-e6frfglf-1226208056628

WBF world middleweight champion Shannan Taylor is on life support after suffering what is believed to have been a drug overdose. Doctors will closely monitor Taylor over the next 24 hours but there are serious concerns for his future.
The 39-year-old defeated Thailand’s Sintung Kietbusaba at the Snakepit in Wollongong last month to win the vacant WBF world middleweight belt.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-on-life-support/story-e6frfglf-1226208056628

He's always had his struggles, but he is/was one of the most entertaining boxers this country has had in recent times, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Edit: It's now being reported that Shannon will not recover from the overdose, and his life support system will be turned off sometime tomorrow, so sad.

RIP Shannon Taylor
He ain't dead yet, apparently his brain function has returned to a point where there is some hope, and he will be reassessed in the morning.

Not looking great though, but where there's hope, there's life, especially in this case.

If anyone has a stream for the Danny Green v Krysztof Wlodarczyk PPV that starts in 30min, can you shoot me a PM.

Cheers.

good luck danny. i think if he wants to revive his career he needs to get this pole out of there early in the fight in devastating fashion. even if he scrapes by on points i dont think it will be enough to inspire the fans or himself. found a good short and sweet write up on danny which hits the nail on the head. dont think ive ever read a news article which i agreed with word for word but here it is: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/11/30/3380261.htm

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back