news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Chuck officially retired at today's 125 press conference, for whatever that's worth.

97k61f.gif

Chuck officially retired at today's 125 press conference, for whatever that's worth.

97k61f.gif

Good, he's too good of a legend to suffer anymore knockouts.

Now he'll be finally remembered for all the right reasons.

Great gif. Too bad he couldn't go out on his own terms with a final fight against Tito, Dana unfortunately pushed him. Still, he gets a gimme payday now as VP of Business Development.

As an overrated slugger?

No, he was the people's champ, any pissed bloke who every saw him fight would think I could do that, go toe to toe with someone and throw haymakers. He wasn't quite as technical/skilled as other fighters which added to his appeal, he looked like a bar brawler and that is why people could relate to him and why he is loved in the US of A.

Dynamite is on tonight, broadcast starts at 8pm but most likely the first fight won't start until at least 8:30. I've got nothing scheduled for NYE so I'll most likely watch. Can't wait to watch the spectacle of the Reem vs Duffee, Kawajiri vs Thomson should be really good too. Other fights include Fernandes/Takaya for the FW title, Sakuraba hopefully not being killed against Zaromskis, Ishii/JLB, Aoki fighting in a first round K-1/second round MMA fight, Mousasi against the K-1 HW champ in a K-1 fight, Kharitonov/Mizuno and the traditional Bob Sapp freakshow appearance.

No, he was the people's champ, any pissed bloke who every saw him fight would think I could do that, go toe to toe with someone and throw haymakers. He wasn't quite as technical/skilled as other fighters which added to his appeal, he looked like a bar brawler and that is why people could relate to him and why he is loved in the US of A.
I was just being a dick. He deserves all the success he's had and he's a cool bloke.

Dynamite is on tonight, broadcast starts at 8pm but most likely the first fight won't start until at least 8:30. I've got nothing scheduled for NYE so I'll most likely watch. Can't wait to watch the spectacle of the Reem vs Duffee, Kawajiri vs Thomson should be really good too. Other fights include Fernandes/Takaya for the FW title, Sakuraba hopefully not being killed against Zaromskis, Ishii/JLB, Aoki fighting in a first round K-1/second round MMA fight, Mousasi against the K-1 HW champ in a K-1 fight, Kharitonov/Mizuno and the traditional Bob Sapp freakshow appearance.
Hate these NYE cards in Japan. By the time it really gets going it'll be after 9pm and I won't even know where I am. If they showed it on bloody Main Event that would help.

Looking forward to seeing the Dynamite show, hopefully it's up later tonight so I can get it and watch tomorrow. Great card, and those crazy Japanese love a spectacle so I'm expecting about a 5 hour long show.

Quick payday for Duffee.

[youtube]eqsuqjFsCco[/youtube]

Will we ever get to see Overeem fight a legitimate challenger? Maybe he'll fight Werdum some day. I think Fedor's management are going to keep dodging him. Actually, I think he's more likely to join the UFC than fight Fedor although both probably won't happen.

Chael Sonnen has plead guilty to money laundering. He's really having a great few months isn't he?

The 33-year-old Portlander pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to a single count of money laundering. The charges stemmed from a 2006 home sale in which Sonnen and others involved in the deal steered a $69,091 kickback to the buyer.

Source

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumoured fights floating around for UFC 130 - Thiago Silva vs Rampage and Roy Nelson vs Frank Mir. Also lined up for that card is the Edgar/Maynard re-rematch

Rumoured fights floating around for UFC 130 - Thiago Silva vs Rampage and Roy Nelson vs Frank Mir. Also lined up for that card is the Edgar/Maynard re-rematch

Confirmed fight for UFC 130 but not officially added yet to ufc.com is Randy Couture v Lyoto Machida (source wikipedia)

Brock and Dos Santos are coaching TUF this season.

YES! This will be awesome.

I think I read somewhere that Dos Santos wanted another fight anyway considering Cain will be out for a long time so that's cool.

It'll be good to see a different side of Brock. Maybe he'll be a lot more humble as a coach. I don't think he'll be playing up the "bad guy" image too much because there's no real beef between him and Dos Santos who doesn't speak great English anyway.

Hopefully Dos Santos gets some of the Black House guys on his team.

Also, Dos Santos via KO round 1 :D.

good fight, props to brock for sticking at it, he has loads of cash and could have walked away after the beating he took.

either jnr blasts him first round or brock frank mir's him

thiago vs rampage is what im looking forward to most, brutality 101 right there, the staredown will be the most intense we've ever seen. tiny bit worried for thiago though, although he did fight very smart against vera.

I like the JDS / Brock fight, but not as TUF. I guess it will make a shit load of cash though which is what the UFC want to get out of Lesnar. He's there biggest cash cow.

Good for Brock to keep taking on strong opposition too. It will be a pretty tough fight unless Brock can blanket JDS for 15 minutes, good chance he'll be KO'd though.

Should be interesting but don't really want to wait 6 months for it. Not sure how Lesnar will go as a 'coach' considering how green he is... can't be worse than Rampage though :D

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back