The Hawthorn injury excuse 2010 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But the bombers are so proud of their last game

There's no point in you watching your Round 22 DVD over & over & over again.

We still win in the end.

Yes Lloydy did those things & yes Hurley was BOG.

Ease up on it & stop your never ending whining & crying.

No, we hired him for his leadership qualities and coaching ability. Knights was hired because Essendon don't understand these things (having lucked out by employing Sheedy 20+ years ago purely for his premiership experience as a player) and so just figured hiring someone with small mans syndrome might equate to a similar look...

Leadership qualities? Like regularly blowing your stack in public and then referring to yourself as "a peanut" after you've regained your composure days later? Those kind of leadership qualities?

Besides, the doodlefeatures I was quoting said you hired a short coach and we hired Knights. He didn't say you hired a coach based on his leadership qualities and coaching ability and then we hired Knights because he was short.

For a challenge. Can't say he's not ambitious...

You Dawks are so deluded. He came to Essendon because he wanted to work for one of the big clubs.

No, Essendon are late in copying the examples of clubs like Hawthorn and Collingwood, all the while pretending they are leaders in the sport. That's what's so funny about it, get it?

I suppose we're copying the Hawks model by flying to interstate games too instead of taking the train or hitching huh?

Plenty of places to train mate, it's a big country. Just goes to show how stretched for ideas the Scum really are...

Right, so we're obviously copying the "Hawks model" by having a training camp in the same place. :eek:

The real "Hawks model" for premiership success was actually copied from this bloke.

Stephen_Bradbury.jpg

Leadership qualities? Like regularly blowing your stack in public and then referring to yourself as "a peanut" after you've regained your composure days later? Those kind of leadership qualities?

Leadership qualities like getting people to go out of there way to work with him, like backing his players to the hilt and like leading a young up and coming team to a premiership when no-one gave them a hope. Those kind of leadership qualities.

Besides, the doodlefeatures I was quoting said you hired a short coach and we hired Knights. He didn't say you hired a coach based on his leadership qualities and coaching ability and then we hired Knights because he was short.

And I'm agreeing with doodlefeatures, and expanding on things for you but spelling out that Essendon picked the short guy because they couldn't recognise leadership qualities.

You Dawks are so deluded. He came to Essendon because he wanted to work for one of the big clubs.
Hahahaha! Anyone else smell iron? Yep, there's definitely a really irony smell around here...

I suppose we're copying the Hawks model by flying to interstate games too instead of taking the train or hitching huh?

If you say so pal.

Right, so we're obviously copying the "Hawks model" by having a training camp in the same place. :eek:
Exactly.

The real "Hawks model" for premiership success was actually copied from this bloke.

Stephen_Bradbury.jpg

Nice try, but really it was more like this guy...
ali_vs_liston_portrait_l_pp31041.jpg

Leadership qualities like getting people to go out of there way to work with him, like backing his players to the hilt and like leading a young up and coming team to a premiership when no-one gave them a hope. Those kind of leadership qualities.

Backing his players to the hilt?

Like when he offered Brown up as trade bait?

What was it that Leigh Matthews said.. never explain, never complain? Then you get a whiney little bitch like Clarkson who has to be physically restrained by his own staff more than two hours after the incident took place in round 22. Then goes on to piss and moan about how hard he was done by on radio the next morning. I'd be embarrassed to have someone with genuine anger management issues who was known as a dirty sniper in his own playing career representing my club and molding our players.

As I said.. utterly deluded some of you Dawk fans.

And I'm agreeing with doodlefeatures, and expanding on things for you but spelling out that Essendon picked the short guy because they couldn't recognise leadership qualities.

So you're essentially trying to clean up his mess of a post. Bit late really but feel free to jump on his coat tails of failure if you must.

Hahahaha! Anyone else smell iron? Yep, there's definitely a really irony smell around here...

All I smell is minnow.

If you say so pal.

Nice one.

Thanks for confirming your level of delusion.

Nice try, but really it was more like this guy...
ali_vs_liston_portrait_l_pp31041.jpg

I suppose Stewart Dew would weigh almost as much as those two put together, but other than this fact I fail to see any real relevance.

Backing his players to the hilt?

Like when he offered Brown up as trade bait?

Never happened. He knew and trusted his player enough to allow Port to ask the question, because they wouldn't shut up about him. The whole media beat up eminated from the journo in Choco's pocket as an attempt to get Campbell discontented enough to jump ship. Clever ploy, but surprise surprise, it didn't work...

I wonder why that is?:confused:

What was it that Leigh Matthews said.. never explain, never complain? Then you get a whiney little bitch like Clarkson who has to be physically restrained by his own staff more than two hours after the incident took place in round 22. Then goes on to piss and moan about how hard he was done by on radio the next morning. I'd be embarrassed to have someone with genuine anger management issues who was known as a dirty sniper in his own playing career representing my club and molding our players.

Yeah it wasn't ideal, but nevertheless I'm proud to have a coach who's so passionate about the club and so supportive of it's players. Better than a coach who forces all of his clubs favourite suns into exile and sits beside them laughing at their press conference. What a little weasel.

As I said.. utterly deluded some of you Dawk fans.
And as I said... I smell iron.

So you're essentially trying to clean up his mess of a post. Bit late really but feel free to jump on his coat tails of failure if you must.
I'm trying to clean up your mess of a picture of reality. Pro bono and everything. It's a dirty, dirty job...

All I smell is minnow.
Sounds like you probably need to wash your vagina...

Nice one.
Hey thanks man!

I suppose Stewart Dew would weigh almost as much as those two put together, but other than this fact I fail to see any real relevance.

It's really not that photo that captures it, I'm really talking about the first Clay vs Liston fight. Cocky young upstart who makes the invincible bohemuth look silly by taking advantage of his weaknesses and overcomes serious physical liabilities to run out an easy winner.

Too perfect.

Still whining & crying are you....................:D:D:D

So sour. So sad.:(

Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah...................

Go Tas-Waverley............:thumbsu:

Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah...............

Don't worry gang, I speak fluent VANDA, I'll translate...

Still wheezing & wanking am me....................:D:D:D

So hot. So bothered.:eek:

Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap...................

Go Tas-Waverley............:thumbsu:

Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap...............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never happened. He knew and trusted his player enough to allow Port to ask the question, because they wouldn't shut up about him. The whole media beat up eminated from the journo in Choco's pocket as an attempt to get Campbell discontented enough to jump ship. Clever ploy, but surprise surprise, it didn't work...

Not only trusted but respected his player so much that he didn't even let him know about it. :eek:
Instead he found out from a journo, promptly called his dad (in tears probably) who then called Brad Hardie who then broke the story on his radio show. This was a ploy to get the fans riled up against the club and even had the added bonus of the most ridiculous club president in the history of football telling the public what the football department would and wouldn't be doing.

So he stayed at a club that was prepared to get rid of him to get a Burgoyne.

I wonder why that is?:confused:
I'm glad you asked. The ploy didn't work actually. In the end they simply found another way to do the deal.. which (and you'll get a kick out of this) involved trading another premiership player, something the most ridiculous club president in the history of football had assured the public would not happen.

Yeah it wasn't ideal, but nevertheless I'm proud to have a coach who's so passionate about the club and so supportive of it's players.
There's being passionate about the club and then there's acting like "a peanut" in front of the players, the fans and everyone else watching and it's not an isolated incident. He's an embarrassment of a human being. Having said that though, he does suit your club quite well.

Better than a coach who forces all of his clubs favourite suns into exile and sits beside them laughing at their press conference. What a little weasel.
Wrong. He never forced anyone to do anything. This is what you call a media beat up.

It's really not that photo that captures it
Why did you post it then? Mine was not only much more appropriate but also widely recognised as the truth.

Not only trusted but respected his player so much that he didn't even let him know about it. :eek:

The story was an SEN beatup the occured over a month ago. The 'journos' (kevin bartlett) were told by a source that the story was false yet persisted with it. It was later proved to be false and the story rang eerily similar to the one the source earlier provided.

And here you are trying to reanimate a dead story which never existed. Wow.

Why did you post it then? Mine was not only much more appropriate but also widely recognised as the truth.

No son, it's a troll. And a rather transparent one. Time to reacquaint yourself with the one-way rivalry that is Essendon-Hawthorn and keep your head out of recent Grand Final history. Essendon are nowhere near it.

Yeah, that's where the trust comes in genius!:rolleyes:
He no doubt would have called him, but Port's gameplan was to put the pressure on thick and fast through the media, which is what they did and they got in first. If any tactic was going to work, that would've been it, and it fell on it's arse.

So he stayed at a club that was prepared to get rid of him to get a Burgoyne.

No brightspark, he stayed at the club who had faith he'd be loyal no matter what kind of carrot was dangled in front of him.

In the end they simply found another way to do the deal.. which (and you'll get a kick out of this) involved trading another premiership player, something the most ridiculous club president in the history of football had assured the public would not happen.

The president (speaking out of school) said we wouldn't offer up any premiership players, and we didn't. Mark wanted to go to a club for better money and place security, and we let him. Pretty simple.

There's being passionate about the club and then there's acting like "a peanut" in front of the players, the fans and everyone else watching and it's not an isolated incident. He's an embarrassment of a human being. Having said that though, he does suit your club quite well.

You're right about that. There certainly is acting like a peanut in front of the players, the fans and everyone else. At least having Knights at the helm has taught you something...

Wrong. He never forced anyone to do anything. This is what you call a media beat up.
Haha, yeah right. Peverill retired.:rolleyes:

Yours is widely recognised a flogs favourite retort, and is not taken at all seriously by anyone worth taking seriously.
It's kind of a litmus test, in that way.

Mine was an accurate metaphor, as evidenced by the fact it was accompanied by thoughts more sophisticated than; "Har Har! You iz de not deserveded it, that one flag!!:D".

:eek:

He no doubt would have called him

You have no doubts about that? Well okay then.. Campbell's shock must have been part of the "media beat up ploy". :eek:

No brightspark, he stayed at the club who had faith he'd be loyal no matter what kind of carrot was dangled in front of him.

LOL. Playing at Port is a carrot is it? Sounds more like a stick to me.

The president (speaking out of school) said we wouldn't offer up any premiership players, and we didn't. Mark wanted to go to a club for better money and place security, and we let him. Pretty simple.

You can argue semantics all you like but the fact is you got rid of a premiership player to facilitate the deal.

Does your president have any idea what goes on at the club at all?

You're right about that.

I sure am.

Haha, yeah right. Peverill retired.:rolleyes:

He sure did.

Incidentally, since when is Peverill "all of his clubs favourite suns"?

Yours is widely recognised a flogs favourite retort, and is not taken at all seriously by anyone worth taking seriously.
It's kind of a litmus test, in that way.

More delusions. Geelong was the better team all year and then fell over on the last day. There's no denying this.

Mine was an accurate metaphor

I'm sure it's an accurate metaphor for something, just not the event you used it for.

as evidenced by the fact it was accompanied by thoughts more sophisticated than; "Har Har! You iz de not deserveded it, that one flag!!:D".

:eek:

I posted that somewhere did I? I certainly can't recall doing so. I think my metaphor was far more accurate when talking about the 08 flag. :thumbsu:

You have no doubts about that? Well okay then.. Campbell's shock must have been part of the "media beat up ploy". :eek:
Learn english, quick smart. Start with the phrase "would have", it's quite common.
LOL. Playing at Port is a carrot is it? Sounds more like a stick to me.
Me too, therefore you'd need to be offered a fair few carrots to go there. Keep up lad.
You can argue semantics all you like but the fact is you got rid of a premiership player to facilitate the deal.
The free will of the player we are talking about is hardly a semantic consideration, at least not to Hawthorn.
Does your president have any idea what goes on at the club at all?
Of course, dummy. He just wasn't in charge of trade negotiations.
I sure am.
Yep. You sure are.
He sure did.
:rolleyes:
Incidentally, since when is Peverill "all of his clubs favourite suns"?
He's certainly a "favourite sun"[sic] of Essendon, or at least he has a right to be. Knowing Inectiondon supporters they're no doubt completely indifferent to him being thrown on the scrap heap, soulless pack of ***** that you are.
His careers end is also indicative of the way Knights treats his players, he's like a stereotypical cruel stepfather who was himself abused as a child and has to take it out on someone elses children to feel like a man.
More delusions. Geelong was the better team all year and then fell over on the last day. There's no denying this.
MmHmm. And Sonny Liston was a better boxer than Cassius Clay, and the fight was fixed. There's no denying this.
I'm sure it's an accurate metaphor for something, just not the event you used it for.
Great. That's great.:rolleyes:
I posted that somewhere did I? I certainly can't recall doing so. I think my metaphor was far more accurate when talking about the 08 flag. :thumbsu:
Yes. Everytime you post the Bradbury pic you are in effect saying nothing more complex than that, and outing yourself as an utter flog in the process.
"I think my metaphor was far more accurate when talking about the 08 flag."
See? Words conveying nothing = utter flog talk.

Remember that night earlier in the year when you pretenders failed to kick a goal in an entire half of football and trailed by a measly 84 points at half time?? Your midfield was toweled up by the best in the business and the twin gaylords were smashed by Lake and Morris if I remember correctly. Is that how it happened?? Get used to it boys because we will keep bending you over for the next ten years.:D

You keep hanging your hat on that home & away clash. Is the most success your club has seen in a long, long time.

Don't worry about us. We'll be thereabouts, and once we are, we'll make a lot of sides nervous. Argue that all you want but you know it's true. The reason is that we are a club that wins flags. All clubs go through peaks and troughs, but certain clubs just seem to keep accumulating flags. The Bulldogs though, are (obviously) not one of them. Sides like the Bulldogs, the Stains, Melbourne etc...even when, through the AFL's equalisation policies, they do manage to assemble a decent squad, are perenially viewed as "unlucky", or just "missing 1-2 ingredients". Even the hapless Tigers, the least successful club of the past quarter century, have a far greater flag-winning culture than you guys. That's why, although the Dogs have ben top-4 the last 2 years, everybody knew that were ZERO chance of winning the flag. Everybody. That's also why you guys are so many people's 2nd or 3rd favourite club (including mine)... because you are battlers who are ultimately no threat to anyone. :thumbsu:

They haven't lost it, Poor Old Fletch just can't quite remember where he left it.

...probably in Jobe Watson's hand.

(I'm not proud of that crack, but honestly, who talks about having spunk? Fonzie?)

LOLZA. :D

Have a look at what you're posting. It's utter dribble. You're just the classic auto-reply flog.

The replies wouldn't come to me so easily as to seem automatic were all your thoughts not so predictable and idiotic. You need to have a good hard look at yourself, son. Read a book, take a walk in the park, eat a fresh vegetable, whatever it takes to remove the fettid stench of stagnant deludedness that won't seem to leave your side.

Good luck, young man...:eek:

And by the way "favourite suns" was me quoting you.. [sic] indeed.

Idiot.

Yeah, I got to that late. You're right for once, have a party!

Oh noes................Wayde Skipper :eek::eek::eek:

Bailey .........gawn
Campbell retired due to injury
Walsh retired due to injury
Taylor done knee
Renouf burnt to a crisp.

Looks like the early fears for the Hawks ruck stocks have already manifested themselves.

With Roughead's dodgy knees, it looks like it is going to be Buddy thrown into the ruck.

Either way their midfield looks like being starved of good service.

Oh noes................Wayde Skipper :eek::eek::eek:

Bailey .........gawn
Campbell retired due to injury
Walsh retired due to injury
Taylor done knee
Renouf burnt to a crisp.

Looks like the early fears for the Hawks ruck stocks have already manifested themselves.

With Roughead's dodgy knees, it looks like it is going to be Buddy thrown into the ruck.

Either way their midfield looks like being starved of good service.

I don't wish injuries upon any players... but it couldn't have happened to a nicer team. Suck shit Whorks!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawthorn injury excuse 2010 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back