The Heatwave

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh FFS :rolleyes:

No i think it is you who are doing yourself no favours by missing the point made in my original post and then failing to understand it even when explained several times.

(hint: IT WAS USING WHAT SOME DIGGERS SAY ABOUT WAR TO MAKE A POINT RE YOUNG PEOPLE!!!!!!)

The young poster made a valid and correct point.

The fact that younger generations are going to face a heavy burden in the future due to the greed and stupidity of the current genartion. Primarily this burden will manifest itself in the form of environmental degradation. The Great Barrier Reef could potentially be all but destroyed in less then 100 years, some scientists argue as little as 50 years.

This destruction has resulted from a number of factors, many resulting from man.

The poster had a good point and as typical of the older generation, you discounted his thoughts and told him to harden up and then you made a comment about conscription in a war. Saying how younger people of previous generations had seen awful things while in their late teens and early 20's, still as kids. Therefore, you implied that this poster should harden up a bit.

You percieved his behaviour as being that of an ungrateful and arrogrant young thing when in fact he was raising a very good point evident of maturity beyond his years.

What are you alluding to?
We wait until Australia's population per capita rivals India.

Ok that did my head in.What the ****.What is Australias population per capita,Magpie?
Australia's population per capita is closer to 1 than India's, given India's high amputee and deformity ratio. Therefore they can fit many more people into their country without the negative affects.

This thread goes into the pile of evidence of why South Australia should not exist.

Oh and PS - LtD, you really are in here with BomberGal. Hook in mate!

The young poster made a valid and correct point.

The fact that younger generations are going to face a heavy burden in the future due to the greed and stupidity of the current genartion. Primarily this burden will manifest itself in the form of environmental degradation. The Great Barrier Reef could potentially be all but destroyed in less then 100 years, some scientists argue as little as 50 years.

This destruction has resulted from a number of factors, many resulting from man.

The poster had a good point and as typical of the older generation, you discounted his thoughts and told him to harden up and then you made a comment about conscription in a war. Saying how younger people of previous generations had seen awful things while in their late teens and early 20's, still as kids. Therefore, you implied that this poster should harden up a bit.

You percieved his behaviour as being that of an ungrateful and arrogrant young thing when in fact he was raising a very good point evident of maturity beyond his years.

Holy shit!!! Really, i am staggered by your posting

The poster i responded to said he agreed with this:

This country is such a shambles (just have power on now finally after 5 hours without). Overpopulated (for how arid it is), poor infrastructure, 'drought' that's lasted umpteen years, heavy water restrictions, power crisis with new record-breaking high temperatures, shite public transport.

It's only going to get worse

I made a comment about younger generations having NFI how bad things really can be (like war). I never told him to harden up. I never told him to go to India. I never mentioned the great barrier reef. I never said it's destruction was a load of shit. I never said I was from an older generation. You have decided to read all of these things into it yourself. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman27
I agree with Magpie.

As a 17 year old, my generation and future generations will be left to deal with the crap state that the world is in due to actions (or lack of said actions) by earlier generations.

yep the old blokes are right. you need a war with conscription every so often to fix up the insaneness of the younger generation. You have NFI and whilst i haven't been there either, i've seen enough to know how lucky we are, the horrors many men went through when they were just boys is indescribable

Please refer to this post, footyfreak.

yep the old blokes are right. you need a war with conscription every so often to fix up the insaneness of the younger generation. You have NFI and whilst i haven't been there either, i've seen enough to know how lucky we are, the horrors many men went through when they were just boys is indescribable :(

more class than someone who steals booze from someone's party that's for sure (and yes i know you have tried to say it was a joke after everyone bagged you but i don't believe it for a second).

Don't get ya knickers in a knot, I love women and think there are many many very smart ones out there. Most though are pretty stupid.

****ing hell, that was a good thread that one :D:D:D

To be honest, when i went back to uni at the start of 2007 my mates told me the day before they knocked off an esky from some party in a park full of bundy rum predominately.

To this day i don't know if it was true or not. Still, makes a good story.

It's been mild up until now here in west Sydney, but the forecast for the next week sees the mercury go higher as the heatwave is projected to travel north - 42 degrees on Saturday and Sunday is the forecast.

It had to happen this summer. There's a historical correlation between summers South Africa tours Australia and horror bushfire seasons.

Gotta love the Air conditioned office......gotta hate the work which you do in the office..

Hmmm double edged it seems.

Just a pity the whether was rubbish during holidays, now it's getting heated.

Waste.
You don't work with women? It seems every time you work with them they always won't the thing up or off. I like it like it should be nice and cold not like 24,that feels crap. I reckon most women should work outdoors as they seem to love the heat and sun,i like to work like I'm in the fridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

43.2C is the hottest temperature ever recorded in Melbourne in February (1983).
That would have been the infamous Ash Wednesday bushfires. I was living in Bendigo at the time, and it was even hotter there; and the air was thick with bushfire smoke.

They've amended the forecast for Sunday in western Sydney to 44.:eek:

While the other 43C days were bad, at least they were weekdays. This Saturday will be a stinker for many people. I plan to do as little as possible.

heard a BOM employee on ABC radio today who said the 43 for Melbourne is a conservative estimate and the fire conditions will be some of the worst the state has ever seen.

So looks like the hottest February day in recorded history.

Man, I hope known firebugs are rounded up and locked away on Saturday. That could be a messy day.

Just thinking out loud after reading through the firebug thread, I reckon lock up all the pedos and pyrocs, let the pedos have their way with the pyros, then let the pyros burn the pedos in revenge. Good way to sort them all out.

44C now forecast and I think it can still beat that, 45C still possible. 850hPa temps are around 28-29C plus more advection of hot air ahead of the cold front. Avalon will definitely fry tomorrow, be some fair winds as well so not good at all for fires, very very bad.

Temps in SA today again very hot:

Current high temps atm in SA:

Wudinna Airport 46.5C
Ceduna 46.4C (Max)
Maree 46.3C (3pm)
Port Augusta 45.7C
Oodnadatta 45.3C
Kyancutta 45.1C (3pm)
Moomba 45.1C

Wilcannia Airport 45.2C in NSW

Still yet to get official max temps from it as the day is not over. Tomorrow again looks extremely hot inland SA, VIC and NSW, high 40's through SA/NSW interior and mid to high 40's VIC Mallee etc.

43.6C in Adelaide today, yet again. Think that is about the 5th day over 43C in this heatwave.

Fine line between accurate and not accurate temp due to the very sharp temp gradients across state atm. Tomorrow will be a bloody hot day thru east and north SA, most of VIC and west NSW. Forecasts here:

Adelaide 32 41 Windy. Change developing.
Broken Hill 29 45 Dry. Sunny.
Clare 28 43 Windy. Change late afternoon.
Coober Pedy 33 47 Windy. Late evening change.
Keith 24 43 Windy. Change developing.
Leigh Creek 32 46 Dry. Sunny.
Murray Bridge 28 43 Windy. Change developing.
Port Augusta 33 47 Windy. Change towards evening.
Port Pirie 30 45 Windy. Change late afternoon.
Renmark 30 48 Windy. Late evening change.
Roxby Downs 33 48 Windy. Late evening change.
Whyalla 30 46 Windy. Change late afternoon.
Woomera 32 47 Windy. Late evening change.

Throw in 47C for Ivanhoe and 46C for Mildura and Swan Hill. 44C Melb. Impressive stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Heatwave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back