The Hunt for Missing Posters..Where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he have a story to tell?

I just seem to remember him appearing on the 30th the last 2 years IIRC

He started posting on here when he was pinging on his bucks, was fairly amusing.

What happened to Porke"d ? Thought he was due back tomorrow, is he now perma banned ? FML

You two timing hussey

Two husseys?

9_hussey.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entering my 18th year on Bigfooty, damn there is a hell of a lot of great members no longer posting

For the noobs here is one of the most moving of posts ever done

I am writing this letter to bigfooty.com on behalf of a man known to you as Oldfashioned Supporter. He has been sending in occasional letters for about two months and has been a mad keen footy fan for almost 70 years. Unfortunately OFS passed away peacefully in his sleep last Monday week. For the previous weeks he has probably known his days were numbered and he asked me to send this letter in the event of his passing. His message to you all is very simple. Support your footy club whoever it may be, support it loyally and cleanly, support it financially, support it with manual support if necessary, but also have a good word for your opponent if they beat you fair and square. In other words, recognise footy for what it is - a sport.

OFS not only enjoyed footy, he loved cricket as well, played tennis until aged 66, bowls in the past ten years and even touched for a while on a bit of croquet. OFS was one of nature's gentlemen and all those who knew him did not have a bad word for him. He was a sincere "good sport" and he always hoped that everyone else interested in sport would be the same, after all, these things are really only a game (not like the war he fought in and almost died in). OFS had a wealth of sporting knowledge which unfortunately has gone with him. His family and friends will miss him deeply. Unfortunately bigfooty.com did not get to know him long enough to suffer the same sadness.

OFS's friend

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hunt for Missing Posters..Where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back